It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cattle ranch beside Area 51 listed for $4.5M

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yes, the Medlin family is moving. The owners of the famous "Black Mailbox" are offering up their property for sale.....mailbox and all.
Cattle ranch beside Area 51 listed for $4.5M

So, ATS, who here is going to bid on that property that borders Area 51, with legal grazing rights directly on the Area 51 land?

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Any idea what the yearly taxes are like?

Around here the taxes on that much property would put me underwater before I even finished the paperwork... and taxes just keep going up.

I guess I could start a business doing tours... but if they haven't already done it I'm sure there's an excellent reason.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Listed on Zillow.

www.zillow.com...

A tour attraction wouldn’t be a bad idea if your willing to fork the dough up front.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Only 4,500,000 for all that? Not like I have that but that seems like a no brainer investment.
The article says it has 3 houses already on it, comes with 750 cattle and the barn and a shop.

And they can have 250 cows grazing on area 51 at a time.

Property taxes and all sorts bills must be wildly high.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It's enormously overpriced because of it's location. It's ONLY 40 acres but there are larger plots listed under 100k. The tax assessment is around 400-500k. Which is MUCH closer to it's actual value. They might see 1,500,000 on a good day unless somebody with too much cash loses their mind. Even as a business investment it makes no sense to pay 4.5. You'd want to have enough leftover to allow for accommodations and what not as a tourist site. At this price they're going to be sitting on it for awhile.

(Edit)

So the Zillow site lists 40 acres and the article lists 80. There are a couple prefabbed homes on the property, two barns, and a tiny shop. Even with the prefabs it's not worth much. Prefabs depreciate rather than accumulate during their life. Barns are cheap. Land there is dirt cheap. The cattle are worthless and there's no way you're supporting anywhere near the "maximum" number of cattle listed on crappy desert grazing. I have a hard time seeing them even making 1.5m. Apparently to use the grazing area you have to notify the base beforehand.
edit on 25-2-2021 by Morbidlynx because: Zillow vs. Article.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I imagine Mark (Springer)
And George Knapp
looking into this together as we speak.

Myself, I've not hit the lottery yet.😔😔

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:59 AM
link   
If I am reading the information correctly, I think it says it last sold in 11/2019 for a tenth of that asking price.

The property is not large enough for a sustained cattle ranch so ... don't buy it as a business.

P

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Precisely, they're opening super high and hoping for somebody to dive in. My high estimate was purely because of its location, nothing to do with actual value.

originally posted by: pheonix358
If I am reading the information correctly, I think it says it last sold in 11/2019 for a tenth of that asking price.

The property is not large enough for a sustained cattle ranch so ... don't buy it as a business.

P

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   
If this was a 10,000 acre working “real” ranch then maybe.

But that kind of money for 40-80 acres of desolation? Heh please, this isn’t Silicon Valley.

Whoever buys this with dreams of UFO tourism had better be certain of access, zoning, and permits. We’ve had people here way overpay for property with big ideas, only to find they couldn’t do anything with it.

Maybe the sellers are hoping the Feds will buy it up so somebody doesn’t turn it into a UFO tourist destination?

edit on 25-2-2021 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Pretty sure if i had 4.5 large

Id be looking eleswhere

Riouz

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   
How much is $4.5M in YUAN?

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Property taxes are listed as only $4,960

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Property taxes are listed as only $4,960

Thing is, Nevada has no state taxes. Federal maybe, last i lived in Reno.

edit on 25-2-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
40 Acres?? Would need to be 10,000 at least for that price

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Morbidlynx

Listed at 80 acres. Brb. One page says 40 and another says 80.

🤔

edit on 25-2-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
40 vs. 80 acres of empty nothing in the desert doesn't really effect things much, at least when it's so blatantly overpriced. It's odd that there's such a discrepancy from a professional realtor. I wonder if the comment about forcing the government's hand is correct. Problem is if the government did decide to buy it up there's no way they'd pay 4.5 million. They'd probably use land laws to snatch the land at "fair market value". Which would be closer to the tax assessment value and not the 1.5 million I mentioned.

a reply to: Bigburgh

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I would build chalets each with a huge wooden deck, a pool and a jacuzzi on the hills overlooking Nellis Airforce Base and offer ayahuasca trips.

They will see aliens

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

I would build chalets each with a huge wooden deck, a pool and a jacuzzi on the hills overlooking Nellis Airforce Base and offer ayahuasca trips.

They will see aliens

Maybe make the chalets saucer shaped with green, blue and red neon lights all around them.

Also, set up a recreation facility where people can play out their abduction fantasies... probing, and all that stuff.

On a different note, I know nothing about ranching, but did a quick search. The auction price for cattle is circa $500 for a 500 lbs cow. So, 750 cattle included in the asking price would be worth about $375k.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

So I'm thinking you get cow suits for your clientele, roll them a phat joint and have them enter Area-51 in disguise.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
a reply to: Encia22

So I'm thinking you get cow suits for your clientele, roll them a phat joint and have them enter Area-51 in disguise.

LOL, that's a great idea!

Two people per cow suit, high prices should milk them for all their worth!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join