It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Introduce New Buy-Back Program For 'Assault-Style’ Weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Take note of the tactics used. First, never let a crisis go to waste. Once something tragic has happened, pounce with your agenda. Second, con people into registering their firearms as once they do that, you have an inventory of everything they registered and you can easily confiscate later. Three, ensure that you have laws to toss former non criminals in prison for years if they do not surrender your firearms to them. Make it impossible to legally possess their property.

www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-tuesday-edition-1.5915614/bill-blair-says-new-gun-bill-will-help-keep-handguns-off-the-streets-without-a-fe deral-ban-1.5915995

And what if somebody doesn't want to do [participate in the buy-back program]?

What we've done in the legislation is really create the set of circumstances and conditions that will facilitate the buy-back.

We are eliminating all legal use of these prohibited firearms. They can't be legally discharged. You can't fire them. You can't take them hunting or to a range. They can't sell them or transport them. They can't bequeath them or trade them in any way. They will be required to store them in a very secure safe or vault.

I think the vast majority of people who bought these guns to use as firearms, now that there is no legal way to do that, they'll be highly incentivized to surrender them for destruction, and then we'll have a fair compensation program available to them.

To understand how Trudeau passed new gun control regulations, it’s necessary to understand the system governing gun ownership in Canada and how Canadian gun laws were passed over the past several decades.

foreignpolicy.com...

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I really don’t understand why the words ...
“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed “
Is so damn hard to understand.

Asking someone to show a photo ID to vote is an unreasonable burden but any burden placed on gun ownership is just fine...

Bite me.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Erm, the article linked to is from May 22, 2020.

What exactly is an “assault style” weapon? I have plenty of sticks I would be willing to sell to the Canadian government if they want them. They would have to pay shipping.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Gun theft on the rise.....next on MSNBc

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

That dear sir is a big part of the problem.
“Assault weapon”
“High capacity”
Very subject to interpretation.

Throw in a background check from some college educated fool to determine if you are stable enough to own a gun.

You were on antidepressants ten years ago when your wife left you and took your kids away....
you obviously can’t be trusted now.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The op's talking about the ammendments to bill c-21 which were just.passed a few days ago.

www.publicsafety.gc.ca...

The law now also targets replica air guns

torontosun.com...

Lol...some BB guns and pellet guns I own just became restricted....# canada sometimes...#ing utterly ridiculous.
edit on 20/2/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I really don’t understand why the words ...
“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed “
Is so damn hard to understand.

Asking someone to show a photo ID to vote is an unreasonable burden but any burden placed on gun ownership is just fine...

Bite me.

Is that a Canadian thing? don't get me wrong, I'm good with firearm ownership, and what is being proposed angers me..but we dont have “The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed “

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

The op's talking about the ammendments to bill c-21 which were just.passed a few days ago.

www.publicsafety.gc.ca...

The law now also targets repica air guns

torontosun.com...

Lol...some BB guns and pellet guns I own just became restricted....# canada sometimes...#ing utterly ridiculous.

Yup, this is some extreme bullsh$t!!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I’ll gladly sell these clowns the guns I have that I no longer use, I have several that I would like to get rid of.
I am setting my price at $50,000 each to them, anyone else that wants them will be a fair market value price.
Let’s see how bad they want them.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

The op specifically says to take note of the tactics being used.
I can’t speak for the op but I believe he’s warning that the tactics being used in Canada could be used in the states.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

We do not. The supreme court made a decision on this in 1993.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I already have to keep my long guns locked up with the ammo locked in a separate place. Which I do.

Handguns to be locked up with a trigger lock on them at all times and ammo locked in a separate place. Which I do.

I have to carry my PAL card and crappy paper conditions card with me at all times if I am using, transporting, or purchasing firearms or ammunition. Which I do.

My pistols have to be transported in a locked case with trigger locks on them and ammo locked up separately. Which I do.

I must transport them directly from my home to the range and back home again. Which I do.

Every 5 years I need to renew my papers, at a cost and subject to a background check. Which I do.

My wife’s receives a call from the firearms officer after they receive my application to ask her to confirm if I am fit to own a firearm. Which she does.

In order to own the handguns I must retain membership at an approved range. Which I do.

Apparently this is not enough to convince Justin that I am a responsible person and law abiding citizen.

The Left pushes for all of these controls because they believe that everyone thinks and acts like they do. An armed citizen that they believe is full of hate and vengefulness scares the sh!t out of them!

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So, if you shoot someone breaking into your home with gun deemed to be an assault weapon, you go to prison and the guy breaking in sues you for shooting him with a weapon you are not supposed to fire.

Yeah, sounds like a dumb liberal idea.

link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

You are a menace to society and should be totally ashamed of yourself!

link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, if you shoot someone breaking into your home with gun deemed to be an assault weapon, you go to prison and the guy breaking in sues you for shooting him with a weapon you are not supposed to fire.

Only if they find the body.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The op specifically says to take note of the tactics being used.
I can’t speak for the op but I believe he’s warning that the tactics being used in Canada could be used in the states.

Ok, fair enough.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

That could happen, "assault weapon" or not, here. I have know of cases where the home defender was charged, I know of some where no charges, and an armed invader killed.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
I already have to keep my long guns locked up with the ammo locked in a separate place. Which I do.

Handguns to be locked up with a trigger lock on them at all times and ammo locked in a separate place. Which I do.

I have to carry my PAL card and crappy paper conditions card with me at all times if I am using, transporting, or purchasing firearms or ammunition. Which I do.

My pistols have to be transported in a locked case with trigger locks on them and ammo locked up separately. Which I do.

I must transport them directly from my home to the range and back home again. Which I do.

Every 5 years I need to renew my papers, at a cost and subject to a background check. Which I do.

My wife’s receives a call from the firearms officer after they receive my application to ask her to confirm if I am fit to own a firearm. Which she does.

In order to own the handguns I must retain membership at an approved range. Which I do.

Apparently this is not enough to convince Justin that I am a responsible person and law abiding citizen.

The Left pushes for all of these controls because they believe that everyone thinks and acts like they do. An armed citizen that they believe is full of hate and vengefulness scares the sh!t out of them!

Yup, legal owners are not the problem..hell, police all over the country are not supporting this..that should tell people something. This wont save a single life.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ambiguous definitions, banning toy guns, and other nonsense? I think they have tried this before but not in combinations like this.

I was under the impression that all newer toy guns had to bave orange on the end of the barrel or it that just a US thing?

Thanks for the additional information.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Ambiguous definitions, banning toy guns, and other nonsense? I think they have tried this before but not in combinations like this.

I was under the impression that all newer toy guns had to bave orange on the end of the barrel or it that just a US thing?

Thanks for the additional information.

It's a Canadian thing too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join