It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Valentine’s Day ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Mods move should it need be

Heya. Hello there!

I just want to say to you all that I hope you have a wonderful day and find your own way to express your love to those that make life worth living.

Maybe you have an SO or a spouse. Maybe a child or children. Maybe a friend. A Best Friend? A parent? A co-worker? Your barista. The gas station attendant. Your grocer! It could be anyone!

No matter how you sway here on ATS, show your love!
Say a prayer for those that might need it. We all do.

To all you conspiracy folk, free-thinkers, digital nomads, inquisitive minds, dreamers, that are hopeful, to those that may be doubtful, those that may be lost or found, the artists, the poets, you lovers, you libertines, you hard-liners, elitists, downtrodden, righteous, all you that are blessed or cursed, you old-schoolers, to the youth, to the Mods, to all of you...All of You.

Thank you and I Love You

“All you need is Love”

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

For those of us who have found true love everyday is valentine's day for all modern intended purposes.

However a pagan holiday that it is - (Lupercalia) was about celebrating fertility by men dancing around naked
whilst sacrificing a lamb or goat.

Isn't it amazing how ignorant and compliant society really has become.
edit on 14-2-2021 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Ta!

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I have no problem with wishing people well everyday, telling those you love them does not require a box of expensive candy or flowers though. It does not require jewelry either. But they have created a commercial holiday to spend money on wants not needs, in fact, lots of people are not satisfied with what they get for valentines but still say Ooooh how wonderful anyway...they lie as not to hurt the other person's feelings.

Like I said, it does not take a holiday to be able to tell someone you love them or appreciate them.

I am sixty five now, the wife is a few years older than me. We discussed this holiday and she likes to just go out for dinner anywhere but a fancy place on this day. Since that isn't practical now with only twenty five percent capacity in restaurants allowed, I am cooking New York strips and making baked potatoes and lasagna for supper. Our home cooked meals taste better than the most expensive places around here and since the Buffet at the Chinese place is closed, which is both of our favorite restaurants, we will just have to suffer with grilled steak and lasagna.

I already fed the deer, the cats, and the fish.....I did not give them flowers or chocolates either. Notice they made this holiday in February, when you cannot go outside and pick flowers from the neighbors garden to give your wife, it is structured consumerism. If valentines day was in the summer, we could have nice BBQs too, it is cold outside now, and I am grilling steaks.

All of the years that this has been going on, I have just sucked it up and went along with this consumerism holiday, go with the flow of society to support those who sell flowers and chocolates or own restaurants. But Now that I am officially retired....sixty five....I should be able to tell the truth since I am an old coot now.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
There is no escaping the corporate holiday that is "spend money on women, they like expensive things" day

meanwhile, the wife and I have plans for the day- same thing as every sunday. Chores.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Once lashed out and purchased my wife a cauliflower, nice big white cauli.
It was obviously Valentine’s Day, she had told me she wanted a dog and she loved flowers so, a collie-flower it was
Believe it or not, she loved the though and she loved the gift
Still talks about that special surprise

If you are lonely, get out, join a meetup group, learn to dance, do something
People can be fun
edit on 14-2-2021 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   

What did one light bulb say to the other on Valentine’s Day?

I love you a whole watt.

new topics

top topics

join