It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holography “Quantum Leap” Using Entangled Photons Could Revolutionize Imaging

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This is a very important discovery and could also point to the nature of reality. What we're seeing is that quantum entanglement is ubiquitous. Entanglement can happen in space and time. Scientist are connecting it to gravity, how information escapes a black hole, spacetime as an error correcting code and now holography.

A new type of quantum holography that uses entangled photons to overcome the limitations of conventional holographic approaches could lead to improved medical imaging and speed the advance of quantum information science.

A team of physicists from the University of Glasgow are the first in the world to find a way to use quantum-entangled photons to encode information in a hologram. The process behind their breakthrough is outlined in a paper published on February 4, 2021, in the journal Nature Physics.

The Glasgow team’s new quantum holography process also uses a beam of laser light split into two paths, but, unlike in classical holography, the beams are never reunited. Instead, the process harnesses the unique properties of quantum entanglement – a process Einstein famously called ‘spooky action at a distance’ – to gather the coherence information required to construct a hologram even though the beams never reunite.

Their process begins in the lab by shining a blue laser through a special nonlinear crystal which splits the beam into two, creating entangled photons in the process. Entangled photons are intrinsically linked – when an agent acts on one photon, its partner is also affected, no matter how far apart they are. The photons in the team’s process are entangled in both in their direction of travel but also in their polarisation.

The two streams of entangled photons are then sent along different paths. One photon stream – the equivalent of the object beam in classical holography – is used to probe the thickness and polarisation response of a target object by measuring the deceleration of the photons as they pass through it. The waveform of the light shifts to different degrees it passes through the object, changing the phase of the light.

Meanwhile, its entangled partner hits a spatial light modulator, the equivalent of the reference beam. Spatial light modulators are optical devices that can fractionally slow the speed of light that passes through them. Once the photons pass through the modulator, they have a different phase compared to their entangled partners which have probed the target object.

scitechdaily.com...

This is very interesting indead. Our universe could be a holographic image of information encoded on logical qubits and expressed on physical qubits(spacetime) if spacetime is an error correcting code with it's basis in entanglement. Quantum error correction occurs when you create physical qubits that encode logical qubits. So the more logical qubits you have require vastly more physical qubits as logical qubits and information increases. So if spacetime is a quantum error correcting code that would explain why space has to be so vast in order to protect the information on logical qubits from errors.

How Space and Time Could Be a Quantum Error-Correcting Code

The same codes needed to thwart errors in quantum computers may also give the fabric of space-time its intrinsic robustness.

www.quantamagazine.org...

This would be amazing because like I said, our universe could be a holographic image of quantum information encoded on logical qubits and expressed in spacetime(physical qubits).

Now where would the information come from that's encoded on logical qubits? A black hole!

Our universe would be the 3 dimensional image of a higher dimensional universe.

The Black Hole at the Beginning of Time

In his Allegory of the Cave, the Greek philosopher Plato described prisoners who have spent their entire lives chained to the wall of a dark cavern. Behind the prisoners lies a flame, and between the flame and prisoners parade objects that cast shadows onto a wall in the prisoners’ field of view. These two-dimensional shadows are the only things thatbthe prisoners have ever seen—their only reality. Their shackles have prevented them from perceiving the true world, a realm with one additional dimension to the world that they know, a dimension rich with complexity and—unbeknownst to the prisoners—capable of explaining all that they see. Plato was on to something.

We may all be living in a giant cosmic cave, created in the very first moments of existence. In the standard telling, the universe came into being during a big bang that started from an infinitely dense point. But according to recent calculations that we have carried out, we may be able to track the start of the universe back to an era before the big bang—an era with an additional dimension of space. This protouniverse may have left visible traces that upcoming astronomical observations could uncover.

The universe appears to us to exist in three dimensions of space and one of time—a geometry that we will refer to as the “three-dimensional universe.” In our scenario, this three-dimensional universe is merely the shadow of a world with four spatial dimensions. Specifically, our entire universe came into being during a stellar implosion in this suprauniverse, an implosion that created a three-dimensional shell around a four-dimensional black hole. Our universe is that shell.

www.researchgate.net...

So in this scenario are universe would be a holographic projection of the highest dimensional universe which is real and all dimensions below this highest dimension would be lower dimensional holographic projections of this highest dimensional universe. Hypothetically, say there's 11 dimensions then the 11th dimension would be the highest and only real dimension and our 3D universe would be a 3 dimensional holographic projection of the 11 dimensional universe.

This matches the Bible.

The highest dimension would be Heaven. When beings from the highest dimension descend to the 3rd dimension, they can look like us. This why some Angels are mistaken as men like in Sodom and Gomorrah:

Genesis 19:1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.

3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

CONT'D
edit on 14-2-2021 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The vile men of Sodom thought the Angels were men. The Angels also sat down in Lot's house and ate. The Bible says you may entertain Angels and you will not be aware of it.

Hebrews 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

So at the Resurrection, we will be transformed and given spiritual bodies. These our bodies that our real yet not limited by the physics of the 3rd dimension. When Jesus was Resurrected he appeared in his body to the Disciples. This is amazing stuff.

Luke 36:1 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Wow! This is a very important point. We will be transformed and our fleshly bodies will become spiritual bodies. We will be a new creation under Christ. The Bible says he's the first born of all creation. Why did this occur? I explain this in a thread that explains why Christ was born to a Virgin titled, "Were there 2 stories of Creation in Genesis?"

test.abovetopsecret.com...

I said in part:

So we're all born under Adam's sin but God gave us a way to be born again through his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus is the woman's seed and the woman's seed is also mitochondrial DNA. This is why Christ was born of a virgin. Mitochondrial DNA is passed down through the woman. So Christ being born of a virgin meant he was the first born of a new creation.

When we accept forgiveness through Christ and receive the Holy Spirit, a seed is planted which will transform are fleshly bodies into spiritual bodies. We will be transformed.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

This is why Christ had to born of the woman's seed. He had to be born to a virgin and not under Adam because we all die being born under Adam's sin.

1 Corinthians 15:44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

So our bodies could be transformed into the highest dimensional(Heaven) bodies and highest dimensional bodies can descend and interact with all lower dimensional holographic projections.

GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST TODAY!

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

"GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST TODAY!"

Why?

What's Jesus going to do with it? LoL

How about leading the best life you can, to the best of our abilities, and simply being content with that existence.
edit on 14-2-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Here's another passage from the article the Black Hole at the Beginning of Time:

The success of holography has convinced many scientists that more is at work here than a simple mathematical transfor-mation. Perhaps the boundaries between dimensions are less stable than we thought. Perhaps the rules of the cosmos are written in another set of dimensions and translated into the three we perceive. Perhaps, like Plato’s prisoners, our personal circumstances have tricked us into believing the world is three-dimensional when in fact a deeper understanding of what we perceive will come only when we look for explanations in the fourth dimension.

www.researchgate.net...

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This is really cool! So I wonder if this will be how travel happens in the distant future. Will teleportation harness the quantum entanglement to place you somewhere in space and time with your hologram somewhere else. Harnessing the entanglement would lead to so many things we can’t grasp ideologically today!

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
When you start talking about string theory it becomes obvious that this operates like the satellite GPS signal.
There are several resolutions being transmitted simultaneously.
Which means its a superposition of wavelengths the largest frequency typically called the "carrier".
Good example of a carrier frequency is the 60 hz used in the US as a power standard.
An electric motor would be "tuned" to use this frequency to do work.
Of course there are many other detectable frequencies on power lines due to magnetic field induction, gravity etc.

I'm not sure what would happen if the carrier signal was sent down a black hole after being split until it was again received.
If you have ever played around with polarized sheets you understand the cause and effect illusion to some degree.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Great. Another bit of "quantum" theory which is totally useless to mankind. Wonderful.

So, when when people can't explain something they just put the word "quantum" in front of it, and now everything in the universe is right as rain and everyone looks smart.

I'm just waiting for someone to come out with "quantum representative government", or "quantum anti-establishment", or "quantum honest-politician"...then we'll finally know the truth about quantum-everything.
edit on 2/14/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: brianrook
This is really cool! So I wonder if this will be how travel happens in the distant future. Will teleportation harness the quantum entanglement to place you somewhere in space and time with your hologram somewhere else. Harnessing the entanglement would lead to so many things we can’t grasp ideologically today!

Exactly!

Like I said, entanglement is ubiquitous and has been confirmed in experiment after experiment.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You said:

Great. Another bit of "quantum" theory which is totally useless to mankind. Wonderful.

USELESS TO MANKIND??

You clearly don't understand quantum mechanics. Without quantum mechanics we wouldn't have the modern world.

What Has Quantum Mechanics Ever Done For Us?

Computers and Smartphones

At bottom, the entire computer industry is built on quantum mechanics......Desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, even small household appliances and kids' toys are driven by computer chips that simply would not be possible to make without our modern understanding of quantum physics.

Lasers and Telecommunications

Any time you use a laser, whether indirectly by making a phone call, directly by scanning a UPC label on your groceries, or frivolously to torment a cat, you're making practical use of quantum physics.

Atomic Clocks and GPS

This trilateration relies on the constant speed of light to convert time to distance. Light moves at about a foot per nanosecond, so the timing accuracy of the satellite signals needs to be really good, so each satellite in the GPS constellation contains an ensemble of atomic clocks. These rely on quantum mechanics-- the "ticking" of the clock is the oscillation of microwaves driving a transition between two particular quantum states in a cesium atom (or rubidium, in some of the clocks).

Any time you use your phone to get you from point A to point B, the trip is made possible by quantum physics.

Magnetic Resonance Imaging

This spin is responsible for the fourth and final practical application of quantum physics that I'll talk about today, namely Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). The central process in an MRI machine is called Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (but "nuclear" is a scary word, so it's avoided for a consumer medical process), and works by flipping the spins in the nuclei of hydrogen atoms. A clever arrangement of magnetic fields lets doctors measure the concentration of hydrogen appearing in different parts of the body, which in turn distinguishes between a lot of softer tissues that don't show up well in traditional x-rays.

So any time you, a loved one, or your favorite professional athlete undergoes an MRI scan, you have quantum physics to thank for their diagnosis and hopefully successful recovery.

www.forbes.com...

I feel embarrassed for you that you got on a science and technology forum and said this:

Why do you think there's billions of dollars going into quantum computer? Do you know entanglement in space and time has been confirmed through experiments multiple times? I can go on and on but really, this is just a statement based on igorance. That's not a pejorative, everyone is ignorant of something. My suggestion is watch some basic introduction to quantum mechanics on You Tube for starters.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   

You just proved my point!

None of those things involve quantum physics. They all just involve basic physics, and electronics theory. Demonstrate one thing you just cited which couldn't have been developed without the aid of quantum physics! You can't.

edit on 2/14/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Be nice if someone could use entangled photons emitted from a star ti render 3d images of exoplanets. Then port that to oculus quest for my pleasure.

Thank you in advance,

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Sorry guys, I believe that the angels that the ancient talks about were nothing but extraterrestrial beings, visiting from other planets.

They may have been using rays of light to move around.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

You just proved my point!

None of those things involve quantum physics. They all just involve basic physics, and electronics theory. Demonstrate one thing you just cited which couldn't have been developed without the aid of quantum physics! You can't.

Are you being a troll?

What do you mean exactly by "basic physics?" Why isn't quantum mechanics included in basic physics? Define this term for me scientifically.

I don't want to spend too much time on this because it has nothing to do with the thread but I have to address the asinine comments.

8 Ways You Didn’t Know Quantum Technology Is Used In Everyday Lives

3| Computers

Computers are being widely used for many years and the interesting part about computers is that it solely works on the principle of quantum technology. The basic element inside a computer is known as a transistor which utilises the basic electronic properties of Silicon. It is known to all that Silicon is a semiconductor and the theory of solid-state physics is based on the foundation of quantum mechanics. Electrons in semiconducting solids behave like a wave, thus every computer in this world uses quantum mechanics.

analyticsindiamag.com...

Like I said, this is just silly.

The reason why there's a rush to build quantum computers is because of the growth of big data. We can do the same calculations on a classical computer but problems that's processing a lot of data would take longer on a supercomputer than a quantum computer. So a problem that may take a year to solve on a classical computer would take less than a month on a quantum computer.

So I don't want to hear your opinion. Show me the scientist or computer engineers that say quantum mechanics is "USELESS" to mankind. Show me a scientist or computer engineer that says we need to switch all of our technology from being quantum based to classical mechanics.

Again, I think you're a troll but I hope you're just ignorant. Everybody's ignorant of something.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Not a bad thread, too bad you had to destroy it by bringing a Jewish centric world view into it.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 01:01 AM
link   

So I don't want to hear your opinion.

Okay. That's fairly apparent.

Have a great day.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I’m a computer engineer. To be fair most of the inventions you listed don’t depend on quantum mechanics at all. Quantum mechanics is just an attempt to frame the behaviour of sub atomic particles particularly the electron through calculation. The abstract mathematics are incomplete and the design of these electrical devices doesn’t require the influence of quantum mechanical wave functions. Quantum physics and quantum mechanics aren’t the same thing.

The flow of voltage through circuitry, the use of logic gates and transistors etc can all be described using classical physics. Hence the differentiation between classical and quantum computing.
edit on 15/2/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

I’m a computer engineer. To be fair most of the inventions you listed don’t depend on quantum mechanics at all. Quantum mechanics is just an attempt to frame the behaviour of sub atomic particles particularly the electron through calculation. The abstract mathematics are incomplete and the design of these electrical devices doesn’t require the influence of quantum mechanical wave functions. Quantum physics and quantum mechanics aren’t the same thing.

Like the other guy, provide me with a published paper from anyone saying this nonsene. Quantum mechanics is useless? Quantum mechanics isn't needed? It's simply asinine.

I politely ask you to start another thread and get off of this one. This is a thread about a specific topic not some ridiculous argument about quantum mechanics being useless or not needed.

QUANTUM TECHNOLOGY: THE SECOND QUANTUM REVOLUTION.

We are currently in the midst of a second quantum revolution. The first quantum revolution gave us new rules that govern physical reality. The second quantum revolution will take these rules and use them to develop new technologies. The First Quantum Revolution occurred at the last turn of the century, arising out theoretical attempts to explain experiments on blackbody radiation. From that theory arose the fundamental idea of wave-particle duality—in particular the idea that matter particles sometimes behaved like waves, and that light waves sometimes acted like particles. This simple idea underlies nearly all of the scientific and technological breakthroughs associated with this First Quantum Revolution. Once you realize just how an electron acts like a wave, you now can understand the periodic table, chemical interactions, and electronic wavefunctions that underpin the electronic semiconductor physics. The latter technology drives the computer-chip industry and the Information Age. On the other hand, the realization that a light wave must be treated as a particle gives to us the under-standing we need to explain the photoelectric effect for constructing solar cells and photocopying machines. The concept of the photon is just what we need to understand the laser. By the end of this century, this first revolution of quantum mechanics has evolved into many of the core technologies underpinning modern society. However, there is a Second Quantum Revolution coming—which will be responsible for most of the key physical technological advances for the 21st Century.

arxiv.org...

Again, I don't want your opinion. When you make an asinine statement like that you need to back it up with published papers from scientist or computer engineers that say quantum mechanics is useless or not needed.

In many aspects modern technology operates at a scale where quantum effects are significant. Important applications of quantum theory include quantum chemistry, quantum optics, quantum computing, superconducting magnets, light-emitting diodes, the optical amplifier and the laser, the transistor and semiconductors such as the microprocessor, medical and research imaging such as magnetic resonance imaging and electron microscopy.[33] Explanations for many biological and physical phenomena are rooted in the nature of the chemical bond, most notably the macro-molecule DNA.

en.wikipedia.org...

Quantum Mechanics in everyday life:

A number of such examples are described by Chad Orzel in a book with a catchy title “ Breakfast with Einstein”. Beginning with describing in the introduction a typical morning routine—waking up, making breakfast, checking his computer—Orzel breaks those actions down in order to “show how an ordinary weekday routine depends on some of the weirdest phenomena ever discovered.” For example, his alarm clock allows him to discuss, cogently, how the “modern accounting of time” that the device embodies is “deeply rooted in the quantum physics of atoms.” Orzel provides similar explanation for such phenomena as the different colors of light emitted by objects heated to different temperatures, using as an entry point the glowing coils of the burner on his stove top.

1: Toaster:

The bread toast which you enjoy while sipping on your morning tea is able to make its way to your plate only because of Quantum Physics. The heating element of the toaster glows red to toast a slice of bread. Toasters are generally referred to as the reason why Quantum Physics came into existence. The rod in the toaster gets hot, which, in turn, is responsible for toasting the bread.

2: Fluorescent light :

The light which you are getting from the tubes or those curly bulbs is a result of a quantum phenomenon only. In fluorescent lighting, a small amount of mercury vapour is excited into the plasma. Mercury has the ability to emit light in the visible range. So, the next time you switch on the lights of your room at night, make sure you thank Quantum Physics.

3. Computer & Mobile Phone

The whole computer world is based on the principle of Quantum Physics. Quantum Physics talks about the wave nature of electrons, and, so, this forms the basis of the band structure of solid objects on which semiconductor-based electronics are built. Not to forget that we are able to manipulate the electrical properties of silicon only because we can study the wave nature of electrons. Once the band structure is changed, the conductivity alters as well. How can the band structure be changed? Of course, Quantum Physics knows the answer!

5. Transistor

Transistors have widespread uses and are used to amplify or switch electrical signals and electrical power. Looking closely at the structure of transistors, we would realize that a transistor consists of layers of silicon associated with other elements. Computer chips are made by millions of these, and these computer chips form the powerhouse of all the technological gadgets which have become central to human existence. Had Quantum Physics not come into play, these chips would not have been created and neither would desktops, tablets, laptops, smartphones, and other gadgets have found their way into human life.

6. Laser:

The principle on which laser works is based on Quantum Physics. The working of lasers involves spontaneous emission, thermal emission, and fluorescence. An electron, when excited, will jump to a high-energy level. However, it will not stay in the high-energy level for a long time, and jump back to the lower energy state which is more stable; and, thereby, emit light. The quantum mechanical state of the atom is also affected by external photons which are at a frequency associated with the atomic transition.

CONT'D

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:25 AM
link   
8. Global Positioning System (GPS)

Navigating to unknown locations has never been easier as it has been with the aid of Quantum Physics. While using a mobile phone for navigation, the GPS receiver in the phone is responsible for picking up the signal from multiple clocks. The distance and time between your current location and the destination are calculated by calculating different arrival times from different satellites. Moreover, even the distance from your current location from each satellite is also calculated. Each satellite is equipped with an atomic clock, which relies on Quantum Physics only.

9. Magnetic Resonance Imaging

Magnetic Resonance Imaging, also known as Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, involves the reversal of the spins of the electrons in hydrogen nuclei. So, basically, we are talking of shift in energies; which is nothing but one of the applications of Quantum Physics. The study of soft tissues can easily be carried out with the use of MRI. Thanks to Quantum Physics that the diagnosis and treatment of some life-threatening ailments have been possible.

mmpant.com...

This has to be the most asinine debate I have had since being on ATS since 2012. So again, if you want to start a thread that says Quantum Mechanics is useless and not needed then start a thread.

Unless you have published papers or literature from scientific textbooks that say QM is useless and not needed and we can just have the modern world and modern technology without QM, I would like to see it. I don't want to hear your opinion because your opinion is meaningless. If you're going to make a sweeping, asinine claim like quantum mechanics isn't needed.

You said:

To be fair most of the inventions you listed don’t depend on quantum mechanics at all.

Tell me, how can we have transistors without quantum mechanics?

In modern computers you need semiconductors, and the theory of solid state physics like band structures and doping is based on quantum mechanics. The electrons in semiconducting solids behave in a manner that is more wave-like than particle-like in nature. Each electron occupying its own distinct state. So without quantum mechanics how would transistors work? How could we have the modern world of computing? Here's more:

The modern understanding of the properties of a semiconductor relies on quantum physics to explain the movement of charge carriers in a crystal lattice.[1] Doping greatly increases the number of charge carriers within the crystal. When a doped semiconductor contains mostly free holes it is called "p-type", and when it contains mostly free electrons it is known as "n-type". The semiconductor materials used in electronic devices are doped under precise conditions to control the concentration and regions of p- and n-type dopants. A single semiconductor crystal can have many p- and n-type regions; the p–n junctions between these regions are responsible for the useful electronic behavior. Using a hot-point probe, one can determine quickly whether a semiconductor sample is p- or n-type.[2]

Some of the properties of semiconductor materials were observed throughout the mid 19th and first decades of the 20th century. The first practical application of semiconductors in electronics was the 1904 development of the cat's-whisker detector, a primitive semiconductor diode used in early radio receivers. Developments in quantum physics in turn led to the development of the transistor in 1947, the integrated circuit in 1958, and the MOSFET (metal–oxide–semiconductor field-effect transistor) in 1959.

en.wikipedia.org...

So again, start your own thread if you want this debate or you can provide more than your opinion. Let's see those published papers or scientific or engineering educational book citations that say QM isn't needed.

In fact, QM tells us the limit to the size we can make transistors because of quantum tunneling.

Quantum tunneling is not a good thing when you’re trying to shrink transistors ever so smaller. Transistors need barriers. When electrons start tunneling through these barriers, you get problems. Big problems. In fact, quantum tunneling sets a fundamental limit on how small transistors can get. If any internal barriers get thinner than a nanometer, too much current will tunnel through when the transistor is off. It might be useful, however, to design a processor to use quantum mechanics to its advantage – a quantum computer.

hackaday.com...
edit on 15-2-2021 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I never said it was useless, I said it’s a method to calculate and describe the behaviour of sub atomic particles.

An understanding of quantum mechanics wasn’t needed in the design or creation of these inventions. That’s self evident due to the fact we still don’t understand the underlying principles of the field, nor have a unified theory.

You don’t need to know the molecular structure of wood in order to build a fence.

Transistors were the result of experimentation, not some design on a blackboard invoking quantum theory.

Calm yourself down.

You seemingly want an echo chamber if no one is allowed input.
edit on 15/2/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Not a bad thread, too bad you had to destroy it by bringing a Jewish centric world view into it.

It didn't destroy it, it added to it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join