It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Bowl food

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I know right? Next I'm going to be talking about Super Bowl Sushi, and what a colossal debacle that would be.

I like me some wings, but they don't seem fully worthy of the effort of firing up the Weber.
I bake them sometimes.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I also like the picklish type of potato salad. The chopped up pickled beets that I use are similar, and yet both types have a singular great flavor. When I was a kid, in the summer and fall there would be great cookouts and a symphony of potato, pasta, regular and other salads. It was the very very best when I was a kid. The sheer number of choices.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JAGStorm

We get wings from our local wing joint every Friday. So wings for the Super Bowl seems like overkill.

We don’t eat them too often so its a nice super bowl treat for us.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   
We get a sub from a local store here on Superbowl Sunday, it costs fifty cents an inch. Six bucks for a footlong sub....there is over a pound of deli meat on a foot long piece, they pile on the sliced meats, it is an inch and a half thick of meat in the sub plus two kinds of cheese and onions and a little lettuce. I usually pick up subs for both daughters families and my granddaughters family. About thirteen feet of sub in all. This year, the kids can pick up their own subs, I will give them a reminder call sunday morning. We will go there and get our own two feet, about twelve bucks worth. I feel like a horder when we pick up thirteen feet of sub when they only make two hundred feet of sub in all, they start selling it at ten oclock and usually they are sold out before twelve, I guess that a hundred foot of sub only lasted an hour so they doubled it.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
No offense but with all the recipes this site has turned into Good Housekeeping.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Nvm.
edit on 2/5/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I always do the most recent winner of the Chili Cook Off but there wasn't one due to the 'Vid so I'll remake one of my favorites; Dog's Breath Chili.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I always do the most recent winner of the Chili Cook Off but there wasn't one due to the 'Vid so I'll remake one of my favorites; Dog's Breath Chili.

I made the winning chili one year, and it was seriously the best chili I ever had.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I am going to eat popcorn because I am hoping to see more than an overblown football game happen on Sunday.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Oh my Gosh I wish we could all get together and munch down. Will definitely try some of these treats.

My game day contribution is my version of

“ Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers”

You will need:

Jalapenos (medium size) split in half remove seeds
Philadephia Pineapple Cream Cheese
Sliced (to pepper size) Medium Cheddar Cheese
Hillshire Farms Beef LIT’L Smokies Sausages
Thin Sliced Bacon Cut in ½
Your favorite BBQ Sauce
Toothpicks

1. Fill each ½ jalapeno half with pineapple cream cheese.
2. Add small slice of cheddar cheese on top of cream cheese.
3. Place little smokie on top of cheddar cheese.
4. Wrap in ½ bacon strip and secure with toothpick
5. Place all on a aluminum wrapped Cookie sheet in oven or on grilling sheet for grill.
6. Cook in oven 350 degrees or on grill until cheese is melted & bacon is cooked well.
7. Baste a small amount of BBQ sauce on each popper cook a little more til sauce sets on bacon.
8. Watch so they don’t burn.
Totally Addictive!!! Ya’ll have a great Game Day
edit on 5-2-2021 by SeekingDepth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I made the winning chili one year, and it was seriously the best chili I ever had.

You can't go wrong with any of the finalists recipes.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Much appreciated! I've been borrowing heavily from a recipe that came from Al Unser's Mama. It uses masa harina instead of flour, and finishes with a splash of tequila. My mouth literally flooded when I read your recipe. I know. TMI.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
Much appreciated! I've been borrowing heavily from a recipe that came from Al Unser's Mama. It uses masa harina instead of flour, and finishes with a splash of tequila. My mouth literally flooded when I read your recipe. I know. TMI.

No worries.

There's about 50 years worth of award winners for you to work through which also gives you an interesting progression of how chili has evolved since the contest started.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
We sometimes make this thing where you get a nice loaf of really good bread (bakery preferred or make your own, any type). You cut it into a grid, but not all the way through the loaf so that there are square pillars in the bread but the bottom crust of the load is still intact.

Then you melt lots of unsalted butter, mix in crushed/minced fresh garlic and pour that over the loaf, massage into the bread pillars. You also can grate up the cheeses of your choice and pour them over the loaf and make sure that falls down into the cracks between the pillars, add in bacon crumbles, etc. ... basically the yummy things of your choice. Wrap the loaf in foil, and bake it in a hot oven (350ish) until the cheese is melty/bubbly. Then you pull it out and serve it. You just pull off pillars of bread and eat. They should be coated with buttery, melty cheesy bacony goodness.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Good Lord. I can actually smell that. Is there a tad of garlic involved? Please tell me there is garlic.

We have this local bread called Round Bread. Some of us call it Cow Pattie Bread. They make it on one of the lesser islands and it is a 1 1/2" round of wheat dough that is wrapped around itself to make a 12" round and then baked until very brown. I believe they brush it with butter before baking. It has no preservatives and is simple and delicious. That would be PERfect for your recipe. Thank you!

edit on 5/2/21 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Yes, read the top part of the directions. Mix in lots of minced/crushed garlic with lots of melted unsalted butter.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   

OOPS! I missed that part in my scan of the recipe. I can't wait to try this!!

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

The thing about potato salads is they universally smell like they ought to be wonderful, so I am forever sampling them, but they never smell like they taste, and I've never found one I like ... except one.

My college track coach was a BBQ connoisseur and knew every single dive and best place to find the best brisket or ribs in every town we competed in. I wish I remembered where it was, but there was this little strip mall joint we went to in Waco, TX, I think that had this white potato salad, sour cream and dill based, and *it* I liked.

But I've since looked for recipes everywhere and cannot find one that is anything like.

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

If you like beets, try this recipe. I like to put fresh peas in it also, but my Darlin' doesn't care for peas, so I add that to my own.

WOW!!!!!! I super lucked out today!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to the store for a few last minute things, and found pork belly!!! weeeeeeeeee! Salt pork -- cured salt belly or sometimes cured fatback -- is salty and cured
, but pork belly is MUCH better than either bacon or ham hocks!!

You know, this is the kind of tiny thing that can make my whole week. I almost feel sorry for those of you that can get whatever you want whenever you want. ;o)

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I've never really found a potato salad I liked except the one my grandmother used to make. It's fairly simple: potatoes, onion, celery, can't recall if she put egg in it, but the thing that makes it stand out is manzanilla olives. They impart a very unique flavor.

Even though I couldn't care less about the Super Bowl, and won't watch it, I was thinking of smoking a pork loin and/or making a buffalo chicken dip.

If I don't go get my traditional Sunday Gyro/Spanikopita/Baba Ganoush/Salad from the local Greek joint.
edit on 6-2-2021 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join