It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaria to be eradicated soon? What you need to know about SA’s malaria breakthrough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   
So I came across this video today from South Africa. I honestly don't know much about the science behind this and it seems the people working on it kind of stumbled across some stuff they still need to figure out. If they can eliminate Malaria for good, it would be an amazing achievement and save so many lives!

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TortoiseKweek

Awesome!

Been working on it for 7 years.

Cancer drugs just happen to kill the malaria parasite. I mean how crazy. The video doesn't tell us why they even tested it on malaria but I would like to know.

Malaria killed 400k in 2019. Worldwide.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Yeah, it's totally crazy! I always find it interesting when a group of people are working on a drug to solve Problem X and then somehow realize they've solved Problem Y without even trying to.

I too would like to know why they tested a Cancer drug on Malaria. Whether they testing to see if they could use the mosquitoes as a delivery system?

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This "new" drug wouldn't happen to be called Chloroquine would it?

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TortoiseKweek

In the video she talks about how it doesn't treat Malaria, it prevents it. I wonder how it differs from current Malaria preventative drugs. Also, cancer drugs are toxic aren't they?

edit on 4/2/2021 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join