It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Ulysses Grant Can Teach Joe Biden About Putting Down Violent Insurrections

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Politico

he deadly siege of the Capitol in Washington, which sought to overturn a legitimate election by targeting lawmakers with assassination, was not the first attempted insurrection in American history. During Reconstruction, a raft of attempted insurrections flared up across the former Confederacy. Violent storms of white supremacists rocked swaths of the South, all aimed at undoing the Union’s victory during the Civil War, as well as the civil rights gains made thereafter. Racial equality, civil rights protections, basic recognition of democratic outcomes β€” all were targets of rampaging white terrorists, using violence to launch themselves to power once more. Numbers are hazy, but dozens perished as a direct result of insurrection, part of the thousands of victims of white supremacist political violence during the era.

See what they did there? They tied Republicans to violent insurrection AND racism.
Politico is helping draw a picture for everyone... that there is a violent insurrection about to happen.
I cleaned up 2 feet of snow this morning, then I drove to work on snowy roads. Not once did I see any evidence of ongoing violent insurrection.
Politico is making sure that the picture is in everyone's mind, even if there is no evidence of it.

If someone wants to point to what happened at the US Capitol Building as evidence, please tell me why the bombing of the Senate in 1983 was not pushed by the media as violent insurrection, and the shooting at Congress in the Capitol Building in the 1950's likewise. They didn't bring troops in and they didn't fence off Federal buildings with razor wire in those cases.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

please tell me why the bombing of the Senate in 1983 was not pushed by the media as violent insurrection, and the shooting at Congress in the Capitol Building in the 1950's likewise.

I am not educated on either of those two events. However to answer your question with only a guess, it might be that neither of those events was done at the behest of a sitting president. If he did not specifically incite them, he at least ''egged'' them on with his rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
MSM special focus on public opinion manipulation tactics.

Massive Hegelian Dialectic in progress.

All rigged and tainted with "special effect" manipulated "facts" at all levels.

They want D.C. in "occupation" mode for as long as possible.

🚫 Something very sinister is happening behind the scenes 🚫

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Gotta love that language

'Violent storms of white supremacists rocked swaths of the South, '

'rampaging white terrorists, using violence to launch themselves to power once more. '

And this

'Numbers are hazy, but dozens perished'

Hang on a sec here...

Well, the numbers seem hazy, they range a bit, but it seems at least 26 people were killed during the riots this year. I've seen higher numbers...in either case.

'Remember 2020 the year when violent black supremacists rocked swaths of America all were targets of the rampaging black terrorists using violence to try and launch themselves to power. Numbers are hazy but dozens were killed during the riots.'

Isn't language fun?

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

1950's shooting was done by Puerto Rican nationals, Democratic President Jimmy Carter commuted their life sentences. The 1983 bombings of The Capitol, Fort Mcnair, and the Washington Navy Yard were all done by communists. So why the disparate reactions? Gee, I wonder.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

please tell me why the bombing of the Senate in 1983 was not pushed by the media as violent insurrection, and the shooting at Congress in the Capitol Building in the 1950's likewise.

I am not educated on either of those two events. However to answer your question with only a guess, it might be that neither of those events was done at the behest of a sitting president. If he did not specifically incite them, he at least ''egged'' them on with his rhetoric.

Show the words uttered by President Trump that incited them... and yes, specifically, because the Impeachment trial that starts next week is about Trump 'inciting' them.
edit on b000000282021-02-02T11:26:52-06:0011America/ChicagoTue, 02 Feb 2021 11:26:52 -06001100000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

It was when he said

'We love you all'

That was actually a secret code for q followers that means

'Insurrect the # outta the Capitol. Take no #ing prisoners. I want their heads. Bring them to me on pikes.'

Yup....

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

What is this classified as?

2017 Congressional baseball shooting

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Some additional info from Wiki here

After a four and a half years investigation, federal agents arrested six members of the Resistance Conspiracy, on May 12, 1988, and charged them with bombings of the Capitol, Fort McNair, and the Washington Navy Yard.[6] On December 7, 1990, Federal Judge Harold H. Greene sentenced Laura Whitehorn and Linda Evans to lengthy prison terms for conspiracy and malicious destruction of government property. The Court dropped charges against three co-defendants, who already served extended prison sentences for related crimes. Whitehorn was sentenced to 20 years; Evans, to 5 years, concurrent with 35 years for illegally buying guns.[10] On January 20, 2001, the day he left office, President Bill Clinton commuted Evans's sentence.[11]

Her sentence was commuted in 2001 by President Bill Clinton because of its extraordinary length.[1][2]

Wow, so 40 years is just commuted by Clinton because he thought it was excessive. This was a member of the Weather Underground, a known terrorist group. Heck traveled to Cuba to be trained by Russia in fact. Yet supposedly only the right in this country is in bed with Russia. Give me a break...

Edit: a reply to: neutronflux
Much like the other examples, some people did something.
edit on 2/2/21 by Hypntick because: Additional reply

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I am no lawyer for the prosecution Mr. Guy, I don't have to show you anything other than my ''guess''. I'm not the one bringing charges. I will be watching this trial from the sidelines of my office space as I suppose you will be doing as well. I can, again, guess, that you will be rooting for acquittal of simple nullification of the impeachment.

So meanwhile, the prosecution is lining up it's ducks with expert witnesses on all things pertinent to the charges while the defendant, Donald Trump, has just let go his entire team of lawyers with only a week to go until proceedings ensue. To replace them he has now hired two more lawyers to plead his case as he wants it plead. I have to wonder just how much preparation they will have ready when trial begins other than ''he dint do it'' . You know, just like you would do if YOU were his lawyer.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

1950's shooting was done by Puerto Rican nationals, Democratic President Jimmy Carter commuted their life sentences. The 1983 bombings of The Capitol, Fort Mcnair, and the Washington Navy Yard were all done by communists. So why the disparate reactions? Gee, I wonder.

Something else that you don't see much of in the history books: In 1950, there was an assassination attempt on President Truman by Puerto Rican Nationals.
A Secret Service agent was killed in the attempt.
Attempted Assassination of Harry Truman

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
MSM special focus on public opinion manipulation tactics.

Massive Hegelian Dialectic in progress.

All rigged and tainted with "special effect" manipulated "facts" at all levels.

They want D.C. in "occupation" mode for as long as possible.

🚫 Something very sinister is happening behind the scenes 🚫

Like what?

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I have to wonder just how much preparation they will have ready when trial begins other than ''he dint do it'' .

The speech is on tape.
All the prosecution has to do is point to the particular (specific) words that he said that told people to violently enter to Capitol... and it will be a slam dunk for them.

Trumps defense team can point to the fact that the people were rushing the Capitol before he began his speech and that there were bombs planted at the DNC and RNC headquarters the night before.

(post by Antipathy17 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I like how sadly everyone in America who is white is an evil racist, even though they make up 73% of the population and probably 90% of the 'ruling' 'class.'

#ing bat#t crazy

Politicians and reporters calling names even though they are most likely talking about their own 'kind'

a reply to: dug88

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
I like how sadly everyone in America who is white is an evil racist, even though they make up 73% of the population and probably 90% of the 'ruling' 'class.'

#ing bat#t crazy

Politicians and reporters calling names even though they are most likely talking about their own 'kind'

a reply to: dug88

Don't forget a staple of communism were the "self criticism speeches" that always ended up praising the regime and its ideology. All of this BS is all too familiar.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

en.m.wikipedia.org...

He was a Bernie Sanders cultist, so why can't we say that he was incited by Bernie's rhetoric?

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Maybe a delegated error in judgement at the time ? 😎

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Trolling, And What To Do About It

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join