It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 years of Ats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   
10 years ago I joined ATS . It has been a interesting ride I learned a lot and opened my eyes to many topics I was not aware of .. I don't really post all to often. Life , full time single dad ,work ,ect. Still I always come and sift through the site when I had time or post some music I made . Still many of the same names and people in here from 10 years ago . Had many arguments some lost some won .. Great site good group of people .

I started here as a liberal but over the years they have exposed themselves for what they really are . And probably argued many about conservatism.
I just find it funny how much 10 years can change a person and their views . Always try to keep an open mind learned to hear both sides of the debate . With the recent crack down on social media it is nice to see ATS still standing on free speech as they did when I started ... Cheers to you all here is to hopefully another 10 more years ...

A song I made for my TinFoil Hat Brothers and sisters

Phil aka freedomSlave
edit on 31/1/21 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: freedomSlave

Wow, that is some awesome guitar work! I would LOVE to hear more of your work! Are you in a band?

Yes, so far we still have free speech here. The rest of the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

Thanks for sharing your music with us!

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   

It's amazing how fast time flies.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Thank you for the kind comment 😀 .. No I not in a band just a one man band in my basement . All my music is on my youtube page . I make anything from dance music to piano to instrumental rock .

I start getting better where I start using my motorcycle helmet as a thumbnail . The rabbit head stuff is my most recent ..

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   
A lot of folks start out as liberals, but end up Conservatives. The reason for this is when Progressives move so hard left all of your original positions become ‘right-wing extremist’ or the Left’s new favorite “racist’.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Retardation is a reason too lol

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I started here as a liberal but over the years they have exposed themselves for what they really are . And probably argued many about conservatism.
I just find it funny how much 10 years can change a person and their views . Always try to keep an open mind learned to hear both sides of the debate . With the recent crack down on social media it is nice to see ATS still standing on free speech as they did when I started ... Cheers to you all here is to hopefully another 10 more years ...

Congrats on reaching 10 years

edit on 31-1-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Here's to 10 more

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Rockin'

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 01:37 AM
link   

been here since we had the darn chat room lol I miss that

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Congrats on the ten years! Made me look at when I joined... Darn-it I missed my 10 year aniversary, maybe I'll remember my 20th if I'm still alive.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

With the recent crack down on social media it is nice to see ATS still standing on free speech as they did when I started

Free speech as long as it stays in the rigid ATS parameters. My inbox is filled with warnings, post deletions, and ill mannered post removed.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

With the recent crack down on social media it is nice to see ATS still standing on free speech as they did when I started

Free speech as long as it stays in the rigid ATS parameters. My inbox is filled with warnings, post deletions, and ill mannered post removed.

How very true. Anyone who thinks ATS is a free-speech zone is sadly deluded.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Rock on my brother!

ten more for sure.....

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

LOL!

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
14 years for me and, yes, I have changed my political views too. I used to not care about American politics, now I REALLY don't care. LOL

I came here initially for the U.F.O. topics, then came the social issues, then the relationship side of things, then the music threads and now I scan the creative writing threads.

We change over time, that's what we do. Even ATS has changed with the amount of sub-forums they now have.

But I'm like you too in that I don't have the time to participate like I used to. It's still a good place to come to though.

So..........see you in ten more years?

new topics

top topics

join