It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being on the 'frontlines' of this pandemic, I was offered the Vaccine and I refused.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rolicia
a reply to: vonclod

The "vaccine" doesn't prevent you from attracting and spreading the virus, so what's your point exactly?

Except is does prevent you getting the virus.

The 2 shot Pfizer vaccine is 95% effective at doing that. From Israel:

One domestic healthcare provider, Maccabi Healthcare Services, released a smaller study on Thursday that also raised spirits. It revealed that out of 163,000 Israelis given both shots, only 31 were infected, compared with nearly 6,500 infections among a control group of unvaccinated people.

It works really well at stopping you contracting and spreading the virus. You shouldn't believe everything you read on Facebook.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: iammrhappy86

You deserve a Medal of Valor!

But be advised that the time is close when none of us will be able to drive, eat out, take a flight, or attend a game, if we have not been vaccinated against Covid-19.

I agree it will happen.

Liberal lefty troops will be asking people for their papers before they can do any of those things, in probably less than one year.

I am getting the vaccine, but that is my choice and it is your choice not to. Having to show papers to fly which IS coming is as fascist and Hitler like as one can get.

But this is what Biden supporters voted for, they knew the stance of the Democratic Party who was pushing for mandatory COVID vaccines for everyone, so we must accept what they voted for - showing "papers" to travel or go to an event, or risk ???

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

oh gosh
I have had to wait 2 days to reply, as I work with children.. I have been busy.
my feet walk in ENGLAND, MY FEET ALSO WALKS IN SCOTLAND, MY FEET ALSO WALKS IN WALES, MY FEET ALSO WALKS IN IRELAND, PLUS GURENSEY AND JURSEY AND ALSO THE ISLE of MAN AND ALSO THE ISLE OF WHITE I LIVE ON A TINLY ISLAND..
we are all islands, 850 miles from top to bottom plus extra.. west to south, what part is not on an ISLAND

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

How? when I gave a statement of my mother having the vaccine with no ill affect at 83.. 2 jabs...nothing, ditto of what your theories say... Why do you think the EU now want vaccines??? because everyone was hoping that the death toll in Britain through a non tested 10 year immunisation vaccine, was a given , THEY WAITED TO SEE IF WE WOULD DIE
.WE WIN AND WE WILL BE FREE

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I am listed as essential personnel.

The world truly has gone crazy

edit on 1-2-2021 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Just got in from work.

While I was at the office, a co-worker got a text message from her sister. Her sister's husband had gotten the corona vaccine earlier today. Her sister was notifying her she was on her way to the hospital, because her husband became very ill, just a few hours after taking the vaccine, and had to go to the hospital.

I don't know all the details but she said he was having aches, pains, trouble breathing, and diarrhea. I hope he will be okay. I will see if I can get another report tomorrow, without looking too nosy.

edit on 1-2-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I am listed as essential personnel.

The world truly has gone crazy

Friggin' sick. . . ain't it?

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I honor your decision. Too many inaccuracies occurred to confuse the public. One of which is the MSM response prior to the availability of the vaccines. For example, CBS's 60 Minutes program featured the General involved with the distribution of the vaccine that stated he has in his possession enough of the vaccine "AND" the logistics in place to administer it to all American citizens. Considering the fact, according to the latest census, three hundred thirty-three million people reside in the United States. Due to the double need for the vaccine, that would double that number. Today, we are witnessing the cluster-# approach to delivering the needed vaccine. Call it what you want, but, it's obvious they are hyping the need to a level people will demand and use every means available to get their regimen. Therefore, people will seek it regardless of the possible dangers involved. Add to that, Big-Pharma is insulated with anti-litigation laws to keep them from lawsuits. That to me, suggests a recipe of doom to the American people if the vaccine(s) is faulty. And, this is a situation with all global nations too. Today, we are in the grip of anti-free speech authorities to dispel public concerns openly and MSM is busy hyping the successful inoculations so far and without any concern of the possible harm that will be obvious at a later date.

I'm from the "Show Me State" of Missouri and I live with that statement. I'm not one to assume the "Rosey" story issued by "experts." Especially, now that such decisions could in effect cause an extinction type of results. In fact, I think this COVID virus is man-made. And, I tend to suggest HIV-AIDS is the same and the current level of cancer is the result of virus manipulations since the early sixties. As to why is simple once you consider the results of current events in our history. The mere fact that certain "Rights" are targeted and or null and void, I refuse to take their word seriously. Also, two other concerns exist to further my suspicions. One is the over-population of seven billion souls consuming the Earth's resources and secondly, the near future use of IA in the working space and in manufacturing industries will cause a lot of "useless eaters." Right now, we are hearing about the possibility of a base income for much of the working class yet I know Wall Street and other International Banking entities will never allow payment to idle citizens. That would be a threat to their future bottom-line. Would they commit mass murder? You bet your ass they would. They've done so in the past and they will do it again. And, this will occur regardless of the number of anti-Nazi documentaries available to be consumed or been seen already.

Of course, this suggests another world war situation. WW-I and WW-II may be the beginning for little evidence suggest otherwise. I learned long ago the deceit and evil aspects of mankind. Many will say "man" has evolved into a more docile and compassionate species and I say prove that! I see no change whatsoever! Man is as able to inflict genocides today as they did throughout human history. Today, we live with the fact we are armed with every conceivable weapon system known to man. Nuclear. chemical, and bio-weaponry, exist. And, due to the fact, every type of weapon has been utilized by those who possess them is true, I expect recent development of weapons will be used now and in the future. In other words, man has a relationship with the Phenix concept and will kill all to gain the rebirth of control. Hitler called it annihilation but that is just another example to reach the same results. Real and or conceived enemies are close and maybe closer than others will admit. But, the recent fear one can sense is as heavy as it was at the beginning of WW-II. And, due to the fact, we have more powerful weapons with extinction-type properties at our disposal and are beyond frightening limits. Add to that, the possibility of rumors of "energy weapons" and Scalar technology is true and exists, only God knows the full impact these weapons will cause on us and all species that reside on our planet.

Aside from the fact that seems too pessimistic to consider, I wish to agree. However, we can not escape the possibility that these threats are within noble hands. And, we can't escape the past deeds that created this mess. With that in mind, I am seriously suspicious of this COVID virus and the vaccines they employ to fight it. There are people who will gamble on the possible relief of this virus and take it while hoping all concerns are only the use of conspiracy theorists and those who will avoid it all entirely. And, it will be a personal decision each of us will take. Under the circumstances, I will not blame anyone who chooses one vs the other. That is why I honor your decision. I wish you well, brother or sister. I truly do. And, hopefully, we will be around later to laugh at the results at another time. Maybe over a beer or two...lol. I haven't chosen one way or the other. I also understand there will be a lot of "shaming" towards those who refused the vaccine and normal business in shopping stores, entrance to public buildings, and public events, will happen. Only the rumor has been hinted at lately, but you can expect it later after this is in the rearview mirror. I'm old now, so I suppose it makes no difference to me personally. And. I may be the deciding factor for my loved ones if I take it and it proves harmless. Or, quite the opposite if I refuse it. I suffer from COPD thus I'm quite aware COVID will be a death sentence once I have it. But, I worry for the young. Their decision has a lot of weight riding on it. I don't know you so I have no idea if you are male or female. And, I have no idea how old you are. All I can assume you are like everyone else that wants freedom and peace in your life. And, that is a reason to raise a glass and salute you for your well being. Good luck!
edit on 02am2am22 by dagann because: To make changes to my spelling and grammar.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dagann

Hear hear!

I raise my glass to you!

Cheers my friend!

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dagann

One is the over-population of seven billion souls consuming the Earth's resources and secondly, the near future use of IA in the working space and in manufacturing industries will cause a lot of "useless eaters."

Being in the medical field, I thought we were a long way from being replaced by AI.

From what I have been seeing lately, I think we will be the first to go.

Fear of transmission, and the call that is already out regarding a shortage of medical personnel, I can see the handwriting on the wall.

Everything is being set up for a world similar to the world in Issac Asimov's novel "The Naked Sun". In a world where people are encouraged to socially isolate, to communicate via the internet, FaceTime, and Zoom like platforms, creating an aversion to human contact, it will be very easy for them to pull off the next step. Of course, the increased level of hate, distrust, and destruction of family and community, also assists with making the normal very successful.

There is just so much happening, so many facets, so much confusion, with very little solid facts, that trust is near impossible. It just becomes a crap shoot.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
I see the next mandate from biden will be a restriction to domestic air travel without a vaccination. It's coming soon.

The signs are already up at select airports, heavily suggesting either testing or the vaccine, or both. They can keep the vaccine. I’ll drive.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: supermarket2012

My sister tells me that most vaccines go through at least 10 years of testing before being used.
She's a doctor. General/radiologist. I'm texting her right now. She says sars is distinctly different than coronavirus.
Based on still requires years of testing.

I'm not a doctor. And wont understand the difference in sars and covid, not really. But I trust her.

Today, I read this.
www.washingtonpost.com...

it may help keep people from spreading the virus, offering a hopeful but uncertain answer to one of the great remaining questions of the pandemic.

but much less is known about whether any of the available vaccines can prevent asymptomatic infections that can pass from one person to another

That does not sound like years of testing was done. That 2ed statement.

prevent asymptomatic infections that can pass from one person to another

Is pretty important. And something I would assume should have been tested for before giving it out to the public. This sounds to me like the public is the test group this time.

The above is good news if true. But them, the engineers of the vaccine, not knowing this before now. Well that worries me.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

I had it, I'm immune. Besides, the vaccines are dangerous.

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
So I got my first dose of the covid vaccine today.
I took the vaccine for the following reasons.

1.) I do not want to spread covid, and the best way to not spread covid is to get vaccinated.
2.) I'm in an age demographic that does not do well if they get covid plus, I have some underlying conditions.
3.) I read about the vaccine development and actually I think that this is the future of medicine. After my own research, I decided to get the vaccine

Best of luck to all of you .

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Aren't you, ATS, ready to stop talking about this virus already?

It's so tiring listening to virus this, virus that.

It was literally easier to hear about terrorists during the Bush years every day compared to this.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join