It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gamestop the system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The Wall Street/Gamestop fiasco opened my eyes.

The mostly peaceful movement on reddit employed proactive measures to stimulate the superior citizenry living on the other side of the train tracks. Right in the moneymaker. A prostate exam for
those with an uncanny ability to attract undeserving people's money.

So how do you game the system?

That's the beauty of the system. It provides from its bounty.

Don't be a burden on the algorithms , become unified by engaging in peaceful modern day dialog.

Doublespeak.

So in conclusion, I'm grateful to the wonderful system for providing a bountiful toolbox and showing us how to use the tools.

Give me liberty or give me life.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Take the blue pill - story ends and you go on living as you have! Nothing wrong with this choice, the majority choose to do so whilst indulging in the occasional fantasy that you can make a difference by focusing on one thing.

Take the Red pill - see how deep the rabbit hole goes, wake up! (Warning - strong willpower required) Will result in a brick wall hitting your face a few years from now and great pain for a bit when realising self/shadow and how things really are.

The 33 Myths of the System
edit on 30-1-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

*takes the blue pill*

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   

ENJOY!

edit on 30-1-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 01:03 AM
link   
People are to quick and to short sighted to see sometimes they are doing exactly what other people want them to do!

I have been researching this short “I know very little about stocks and bonds and gambling”. This wasn’t reddit as well ,it was 4chans /biz/ who funneled the idea to redditor's so they had a bigger audience and backing to screw over the short!

If you have even been on 4chan and lurk you will figure out it’s filled with feds and intelligence agencies “some of the Chan’s work together sometimes! The hacker Chan’s will help out /pol/ sometimes /biz/ will cross post etc!

This short on GameStop is a much bigger play! Think beyond screw the system and take a good hard look at the actions of government for a few seconds.

Biden kills of oil pipeline
Coronavirus aid is printing and spending half the money in circulation right now!
A group of redditor’s are attacking hedgefunds backed by big banks!

What is the end goal of these actions?

The devaluation of the dollar! The dollar is the real target and is being shorted!

The dollar value is linked to oil! If you kill the oil industry what happens? The dollar is devalued

If you print off a bunch of money what happens to it?
It becomes less valuable and requires more of it to equal what it used to equal!

A bunch of kids buy agaisnt a short and hedge funds backed by bank loans what happens? The banks gets hit and need to be bailed out! The dollar is devalued even more!

However, if I was a betting man my bet would be that within a certain amount of time the dollar is going to crash! I take out a loan on the dollar giving me more buying power! I use the money to invest in other currencies! The economy opens up and their are no jobs, no small businesses and the dollar tanks! As people are broke and can’t stimulate the economy with their business and buying!
The dollar loses it value and I get to pay back the loan with one tenth the cost it originally had!
edit on 30-1-2021 by Veryolduser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Veryolduser

Please refrain from going against the accepted narrative.

I cannot say that I agree with you 100%.

In this thread I have focused on the how in order to bring my point across.

For all intents and purposes, The Who is an English rock band formed in the 60's.

edit on 30-1-2021 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 01:26 AM
link   

It was not...it was a reddit user named deepfu*#ing value back in 2019 who yolo'd 50k into GME stocks while for over a year the rest of the sub laughed at him.

There is actually a pretty good write up about it all in the NYT...although just going through his reddit threads, as he did a ton of updates as he went, you can follow the story most accurately that way.

Keith Gill aka DFV

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

It was not...it was a reddit user named deepfu*#ing value back in 2019 who yolo'd 50k into GME stocks while for over a year the rest of the sub laughed at him.

There is actually a pretty good write up about it all in the NYT...although just going through his reddit threads, as he did a ton of updates as he went, you can follow the story most accurately that way.

Keith Gill aka DFV

Yeah do you believe that these redditor’s only exist on reddit? That NYT is an honest source of trustworthy news? That this is organic and just happened magically because one guy yolo’ed 50k into losing stock yet managed to rally a bunch of people into buying it?

I mean it’s a great story and honestly it could happen but biz had actually talked about a situation where they could pull off a massive short just like this to # over hedgefunds. 4chan is filled with government insiders,cia,FBI,NSA who feed real and false information to users, most of 4chan larps on other sites to get inside information acting like a spy.

The point is still the same regardless of who or where the information came from! Who actually profits?

Your on a conspiracy site! There is a very real theory that states Facebook was created by DARPA under a program “lifelog”! I know you’re like that BullSh!T I saw the social network!

Next you need to understand the CIA uses Hollywood and media to make movies! Why propaganda is allowed now with media! They are allowed to lie to you. Once you understand that this situation has an effect that actually helps accomplish some goal and they tricked a bunch of people into doing exactly what they wanted! You will start understanding the real game being played!

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 02:32 AM
link   
it's much bigger than redditors now.

this has gone to people who have never heard about reddit. When this domino falls it will go on to the next and next and cause an avalanche of short squeezes.

the biggest wealth transfer in the history of the world might go to the little guys actually. Don't sit on your hands. Get in on this.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

The other shorted companies won't go the same way...the reason GME will squeeze is because 1 its a much smaller market cap which makes it take less volume to move the price...and there is way less shares available to buy their way out. Even with AMC which I believe is the 2nd most shorted there is plenty of "supply" to keep the "demand" from spiking runaway prices. If the squeeze on GME happens its going to probably kill a few funds and a few clearing houses...thats how high it'll spike.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 03:04 AM
link   

When the house of cards fall, they can blame plebs and rollout more regulations.

Insidiously genius.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O

Take the blue pill - story ends and you go on living as you have! Nothing wrong with this choice, the majority choose to do so whilst indulging in the occasional fantasy that you can make a difference by focusing on one thing.

Take the Red pill - see how deep the rabbit hole goes, wake up! (Warning - strong willpower required) Will result in a brick wall hitting your face a few years from now and great pain for a bit when realising self/shadow and how things really are.

This is all great fun but it boils down to two things - are you in the market system or outside the market system?

If you're inside, you're going to lose in the long term. No matter how many raids like this you undertake, the system remains unchanged, only the players move around. It is a protean system. It co-opts, it absorbs, it crushes, it excretes.

If you're outside the system, it makes no difference to you.

So far, all the play has been inside the system, exploiting variations in Trump's economic bubble. Most people are going to lose. If they don't lose on the stock, they'll lose on their 401K. Most institutions will ride it out.

Despite being a mediocre philosopher and lacklustre historian, Marx nailed this a hundred and fifty years ago. There is no real value in this stock. It is all surplus value, created by people's perception of the market. Wall Street knows this, which is why it invented the derivatives market and why it can't lose.

The only way to win is not to play or to limit your play to the essential.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

When the house of cards fall, they can blame plebs and rollout more regulations.

Insidiously genius.

If it's going to fall, it's not going to be brought down from raids on equity.

It's going to collapse from the inside, like in 2008. There are already signs that a combination of COVID, Trump's deregulation and the stockbubble are generating a new economic sh*tstorm.
edit on 30-1-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
The only way to win is not to play or to limit your play to the essential.

I got crushed, just as I was getting in, about 20 years back. Good lesson to learn ... and it cost me way less than a college degree.

Fortunately, converting gold to cash, was anything but easy. Now I'm stuck with a whole pile of it. Its value keeps going up, but I still can't convert it, and it doesn't spend (yet). Doesn't much matter to an old guy. Maybe 'the truth' is that my kids won't lose 1/2 to an inheritance tax.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Unless you are living in some special place in Africa you may be the only man in the world having trouble converting gold into cash

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

They didnt have a revolution in mind. It was a nice social trade. There really is no limit and people could make it a new Yoogle if Gamestop managers were able to use the opportunity and if more people saw it as a political tool, sold their Alphabet shares etc. At this point if enough people hold, at least one beast will bleed. It's nice to watch.
There's power in numbers so I'd like to notice that the other side has just printed itself trillions and they are buddies. How many of these rebels still use their banks? Not even a run on bank would cut it in time of centralized fraud such as this.

I'm afraid it's not gonna be this easy even the second time. The system is learning like your immune system. (untill you cripple it with vaccines 😎) Reddit will be infiltrated and closely watched. Only a holistic approach can be effective next time.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: XXXN3O

So far, all the play has been inside the system, exploiting variations in Trump's economic bubble. Most people are going to lose. If they don't lose on the stock, they'll lose on their 401K. Most institutions will ride it out.

Obama and Biden had a chance, along with Congress, to take the banks and Wall Street to task while the wounds were fresh in 2010.

They bailed them out, never followed through on meaningful reform, and you're blaming Trump for causing a bubble?

Please explain to me how Trump, and a bubble, is to blame for overleveraged shorts by hedge funds that should know better? They're financial experts and they didn't have any kind of plan. It's the same greed and negligence that caused the last crisis.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

I believe in symmetry.

The other side also learns. A million proactive minds balancing out a few thousand.

Also, golly gee gosh I hope no billionaires got turned into millionaires. The counseling costs alone might bankrupt them and nobody likes a poor little rich guy. I hope they heal and find inner peace.

top topics

join