It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio was an FBI informant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well... well... well... Is anyone surprised???

Enrique Tarrio, the leader of the Proud Boys extremist group, has a past as an informer for federal and local law enforcement, repeatedly working undercover for investigators after he was arrested in 2012, according to a former prosecutor and a transcript of a 2014 federal court proceeding obtained by Reuters.

Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio was an FBI informant

What does Mr. Tarrio have to say about it?

Tarrio, in an interview with Reuters on Tuesday, denied working undercover or cooperating in cases against others. “I don’t know any of this,’” he said, when asked about the transcript. “I don’t recall any of this.”

But then there's this:

Law enforcement officials and the court transcript contradict Tarrio’s denial. In a statement to Reuters, the former federal prosecutor in Tarrio’s case, Vanessa Singh Johannes, confirmed that “he cooperated with local and federal law enforcement, to aid in the prosecution of those running other, separate criminal enterprises, ranging from running marijuana grow houses in Miami to operating pharmaceutical fraud schemes.”

The Guardian goes on to say --

...There is no evidence Tarrio has cooperated with authorities since then.

Maybe there's no evidence. But I smell a rat. Then again, if the Feds are involved, I always smell a rat.

Tinfoil hat time: Assuming this is an inside job, and assuming Tarrio is still working undercover for the FBI (or other federal law enforcement agency) perhaps he was arrested a couple days before the rally, and banned from DC, in order to keep him out of the coming melee. Perhaps spark a little extra outrage on the part of his supporters as well? Give them a little extra push to go rogue by taking out their "leader"?

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

So is this was what he was actually proud of? Being a narc?

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So Proud Boys were controlled opposition to Antifa? So basically FBI trying to stir sh*t up?

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

If there's no enemy, there's no funding.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Why do you think they're the only 'white supremacist' group actually mentioned by name in the media? Despite the fact that any and everyone is supposedly a white supremacist these days.
edit on 27/1/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I found it quite suspicious that he was arrested for something petty right before the failed insurrection. My suspicion was he got arrested so that he could avoid being questioned on the planning but if he was an informant that puts a twist on it.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
So Proud Boys were controlled opposition to Antifa? So basically FBI trying to stir sh*t up?

Not all. Some will have just joined thinking it was a real grass roots movement.

It is likely that the whole QANTIFMABLAG theatre was orchestrated by one group of puppeteers but once a crowd starts to follow, they easily end up doing "crowdy" things.
edit on 2712021 by Tulpa because: Speeling

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

It is likely that the whole QANTIFMABLAG theatre was orchestrated by one group of puppeteers

Well again...it did start on 4chan the website where fbi agents literally incites terrorists and mass shooters.
edit on 27/1/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Proud boys aren’t real. They’re just an idea.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Sure seems so.

Just not proud enough to admit it.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Proud boys aren’t real. They’re just an idea.

Just an idea? Do you think the feds have an idea of what the idea is?

Quickest way to climb the 3 letter ladder is to go undercover.

www.rollingstone.com...

edit on 27-1-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

That's how I'm seeing it.

If they didn't actually create and man the Proud Boys, they certainly could have infiltrated and exploited the movement for that very purpose.

So when they talk about the Proud Boys being such a big domestic terror threat, it seems they're talking about themselves, and I have to agree.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm not surprised.

I've been highly critical of the Proud Boys since I found out about them.

Nothing but right wing Antifa.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Why do you think they're the only 'white supremacist' group actually mentioned by name in the media? Despite the fact that any and everyone is supposedly a white supremacist these days.

Yeah, I kind of felt like the group kind of "came out of nowhere" to counter all the ruckus leftist groups were causing. Quite frankly, given all that we've seen over the past four years, it wouldn't' surprise me if they were created specifically to make the right look bad. Create this far right domestic terrorism group... and then blame them on Trump.

Puts the whole Trump needing to disavow Proud Boys during the debate in an entirely different light now....

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Upon further thought, I have to add that I'm sure his "fellow" Proud Boys will be quite interested in hearing this bit of trivia, eh?

Methinks lots of people are asking themselves what all they've said and done in Tarrio's presence right about now. Or soon will be.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Maybe he was an informant.

Maybe he wasn't an informant

Who benefits if this "proud boys" group disbands in shame?

I'm surprised at how many people immediately believed this story.
edit on 27-1-2021 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Usually when the FBI has someone on the inside, they are working to entrap someone. Most all of the terrorist arrests they have made are ones that they set up.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Upon further thought, I have to add that I'm sure his "fellow" Proud Boys will be quite interested in hearing this bit of trivia, eh?

Methinks lots of people are asking themselves what all they've said and done in Tarrio's presence right about now. Or soon will be.

I'm sure they are not pleased in the least bit. But then gain if they did some dumb s*** it's only their own fault.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
So they were purposely afforded to be made to look ridiculous 🤩

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LanceCorvette
Maybe he was an informant.

Maybe he wasn't an informant

He was an informant, as proven by court documents and the statements of government officials he worked with.

Who benefits if this "proud boys" group disbands in shame?

Everyone! That's not the topic.

I'm surprised at how many people immediately believed this story.

I'm surprised you would question the official sources. You think a leader of the Proud Boys is a more reliable source?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join