It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Cannot Impeach Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

and You Can’t Impeach Him After Leaving Office: Dershowitz

Article

Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz said Democrats have virtually no chance of successfully impeaching and removing President Donald Trump before Inauguration Day on Jan. 20.

“The case cannot come to trial in the Senate. Because the Senate has rules, and the rules would not allow the case to come to trial until, according to the majority leader, until 1 p.m. on January 20th, an hour after President Trump leaves office,” Dershowitz said in a Fox Business interview on Sunday.

It's a ridiculous notion anyway. With 10 days to go now, why waste the effort, manpower and most of all the money. Just Pelosi holding a grudge in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
and.... may not be able to once he's out.

Dershowitz, who defended Trump during the Senate impeachment trial about a year ago, suggested that the Constitution does not allow for impeaching a former president.

“And the Constitution specifically says, ‘The President shall be removed from office upon impeachment.’ It doesn’t say the former president. Congress has no power to impeach or try a private citizen, whether it be a private citizen named Donald Trump or named Barack Obama or anyone else,” he said.

From the Same Article.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It’s ridiculous even attempting it, but Trump knew this.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

Just Pelosi holding a grudge in my opinion.

That's it, in a nutshell.

Just as all the frivolous law suits that will surely come down the pike at him will be spiteful attempts at some form of vengeance.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: elevatedone

and You Can’t Impeach Him After Leaving Office: Dershowitz

Article

Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz said Democrats have virtually no chance of successfully impeaching and removing President Donald Trump before Inauguration Day on Jan. 20.

“The case cannot come to trial in the Senate. Because the Senate has rules, and the rules would not allow the case to come to trial until, according to the majority leader, until 1 p.m. on January 20th, an hour after President Trump leaves office,” Dershowitz said in a Fox Business interview on Sunday.

It's a ridiculous notion anyway. With 10 days to go now, why waste the effort, manpower and most of all the money. Just Pelosi holding a grudge in my opinion.
Pelosi is a Witch!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

If someone sends a mob to my workplace to do me and my employees who knows what I think I might hold an eternal grudge. Just saying...lol

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'll say it again. The only reason she's attempting to do this is to keep Trump from running again for 2024 or any other public office. It's not about justice. It's all virtue signaling, division stirring, mess creating to keep Trump from coming back. That's their idea of unity. One last Hail Mary. You'll take the Crypt Keeper's unity and you'll like it.

edit on 1/11/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ok op, so what should be the consequence if indeed trump is guilty of sedition?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yes I do believe she is holding a grudge. And also if he is impeached again his entire family will loose all government paychecks in the future and government protection.
That is what's going on here.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
Ok op, so what should be the consequence if indeed trump is guilty of sedition?

Dumb question.
Next!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

With 10 days to go now, why waste the effort...

Pelosi's stated reason is that she wanted to ensure Trump could not run for office again, apparently presuming they could not only impeach, but also convict Trump of course.

It may also be pandering to their base... "See? We're trying to do something about this horrible orange man!"

And/or fundraising off their oh-so-outraged based..."Please help us help you!"

And/or just for the perceived humiliation factor for Trump... ruin him good!

And/or to distract the public from the questionable election process... "Don't look over there... look over here!"

And/or to malign and vilify Trump in every way possible to diffuse and or distract from some very very incriminating information... "Don't believe that nasty DNI report from that nasty orange man's people!"

And probably lots of reasons I haven't even thought of!!!
edit on 11-1-2021 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You've seen this, eh?

Trumps Term ends at 5:39 pm today

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

You've seen this, eh?

WTF???

I mean... um... no, I haven't yet.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So, instigating insurrection by emotionally energizing a large mob of his supporters with the intent of capturing and killing politicians found in the capitol building, causing as much damage inside building as possible and possibly burning the building to the ground is not a serous offense against the country?

It is more than a grudge between Pelosi and Trump.

Its domestic terrorism, attempted insurrection, and traitorous to say the least.

I am not posting this as sympathizer of any political faction, either.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

You've seen this, eh?

Hmmmmm:

UPDATE: Sources tell @BuzzFeedNews a "disgruntled staffer" is behind the State Department site's change of Trump and Pence's biographies. More TK.

Christopher Miller Twitter

Mighty big implications here... and natural inferences...

That's the kind of thing that could spark a real riot if his supporters thought he had been forcibly (and illegally) removed from office -- especially for sinister purposes. And in these times, it's become very easy to believe anything.

link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Maybe he resigned.

link   
I don’t disagree with anything stated by him, but man, Dershowitz is the last f*cking person on this planet, like literally, the last person on this planet I’d ever want speaking my name.

link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

With 10 days to go now, why waste the effort...

Pelosi's stated reason is that she wanted to ensure Trump could not run for office again, apparently presuming they could not only impeach, but also convict Trump of course.

It may also be pandering to their base... "See? We're trying to do something about this horrible orange man!"

And/or fundraising off their oh-so-outraged based..."Please help us help you!"

And/or just for the perceived humiliation factor for Trump... ruin him good!

And/or to distract the public from the questionable election process... "Don't look over there... look over here!"

And/or to malign and vilify Trump in every way possible to diffuse and or distract from some very very incriminating information... "Don't believe that nasty DNI report from that nasty orange man's people!"

And probably lots of reasons I haven't even thought of!!!

^ This exactly. In two weeks, the only thing that Democrats have talked about for 4 years will be gone, yet their elected leaders will remain. Having successfully squandered 4 years on doing literally nothing of value, they will need to be able to point to something - anything - that they have successfully done since the last election.

Yet, they will not succeed in removing Trump, and their base will have to come to terms with the fact that their elected leaders are literally do-nothing-Democrats, that have done nothing for them since before Trump was elected in 2016. We even have Pelosi publicly stating that they didn't want COVID relief flowing through BECAUSE they didn't want to attribute it to Trumps re-election.

These politicians don't care about average Americans and every day they are showing their cards more.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

They didn't just want him gone, they want him tarred and feathered.

I said here a couple of months ago that the tactics being used by the MSM and Democrats is the same playbook as what they did to Gadaffi(sic?).

I think if they could shove a pointy stick up Trump's arse they would.

There's time yet but with recent events I'm thinking the entire Trump presidency has been a PsyOp.

I hope not but we will see.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The goal might be to prevent Trump from running again in 2024. In order for that to happen, the Senate needs a 2/3 vote to impeach and then another vote to ban him from running for any federal office again as a punishment.
Can it happen? Yes. But the probability is low.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join