It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Spacecraft in the works

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Ok I'm not to sure if this story has been done, but I haven't found anything yet. So here it is;

The Pentagon is working to develop a suborbital space capsule within the next five years that would be launched from the United States and could deliver conventional weapons anywhere in the world within two hours, defense officials said.

This year, the Falcon program will test a launcher for its Common Aero Vehicle (CAV), an unmanned maneuverable spacecraft that would travel at five times the speed of sound and could carry 1,000 pounds of munitions, intelligence sensors or other payloads. Among the system's strengths is that commanders could order a CAV -- an unpowered glide vehicle -- not to release its payload if they decided not to follow through with an attack.
- globalsecurity.com

Looks pretty interesting. However I'm having my doubts over the cost efficency of the falcon program. Is 1,000 lbs. of munitions and equipment really worth building a near orbit aircraft?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Sorry, but this topic alread exists here on ATS and can be found here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please post your thoughts and comments of this developemnt in the existing thread as this one will be closed.

Thanks
FredT

new topics

join