It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Julian Assange will NOT be extradited to the U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Hey ATS!

We have some good news today about Assange's case.

The judge ruled against his extradition.

Breaking: UK judge rules against extradition of Assange to US #AssangeCase

twitter.com...

JULIAN ASSANGE WILL NOT BE EXTRADITED. THE US GOVERNMENT HAS 14 DAYS TO APPEAL THIS DECISION. VICTORY WAS OURS TODAY MY FRIENDS.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

parler.com...

We are, right now, discussing bail for Julian.

They failed. Julian is going to be FREE.

Free to speak.

parler.com...

Julian is back in the box, waiting for the judge to return.
The subject of bail and freedom still needs to be formally settled. It was discussed privately during the 45 minute break.

Court will reconvene Wednesday morning at the behest of Julians defense team (they want to put all issues in front of the judge when making the bail application).
I expect a favorable ruling on it.

I am going to have a very busy 6th.

parler.com...

I'm excited to see where this is heading. The insurance files are still out there without an encryption key available to the public. Let's keep following his case and keep our eyes open.

edit on 4/1/2021 by Anon283799 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/1/2021 by Anon283799 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799

Watching it now , great news !

I hope he is granted bail to await the appeal , HMP Belmarsh is no place to keep a whistle-blower guilty of nothing but exposing the truth.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Yay!!!

2021 off to a good start

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Happy to hear that!

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Reading the BBC article, the ruling judge said:

I am satisfied the procedures described by the US will not prevent Mr Assange from finding a way to commit suicide and for this reason I have decided extradition would be oppressive by reason of mental harm and I order his discharge

So if Assange were extradited, the judge agrees he'd probably end up dead because somehow the US is incapable of stopping him from "committing suicide"? That just seems like a really strange thing to say.

Good news nonetheless, but that quote kind of sums up that most people agree Assange would never make it to trial (aka Epsteined; aka the ole' "whoops I shot myself in the cranium, twice").
edit on 4-1-2021 by DeusInAbsentia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeusInAbsentia
Reading the BBC article, the ruling judge said:

I am satisfied the procedures described by the US will not prevent Mr Assange from finding a way to commit suicide and for this reason I have decided extradition would be oppressive by reason of mental harm and I order his discharge

So if Assange were extradited, the judge agrees he'd probably end up dead because somehow the US is incapable of stopping him from "committing suicide"? That just seems like a really strange thing to say.

Good news nonetheless, but that quote kind of sums up that most people agree Assange would never make it to trial (aka Epsteined; aka the ole' "whoops I shot myself in the cranium, twice").

I agree and am glad it is not just Americans who have lost faith in justice and the agencies of the USA to protect and serve.
Good for Assange and I hope he does not run into a poisoned tipped umbrella while out and about; darn Russians (sarc).

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 05:55 AM
link   

This is brilliant news!

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Julian Assange is a hero!!
I hope he is freed from his political imprisonments soon.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Well they will just snatch him off the street then, if it isn't just a political thing. If he knows stuff or has answers to questions still unanswered, he has a cross-hair on his right back cheek.

Maybe it's just the cross-hair of a tranquilizer dart gun, but still.

Add: I personally applaud this win for him. I can not judge the wrongs or rights but he risked all he had for bringing out those informations. I respect that.
edit on 4.1.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Very good news-I hope this means he will be freed from prison.

The whole case has shown how entrenched evil has become in our systems-UK and USA.

Whatever you think of the guy personally,the fact is his life,mental health and liberty has been willfuly destroyed by our legal systems in order to protect war criminals and governments who tried to hide war crimes.

THAT is not how the so called "free" world should behave.
That is how evil regimes behave.

Makes you wonder-are we the good guys?Are we free?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Makes you wonder-are we the good guys?Are we free?

Negative on both fronts but we aren't as bad as the real bad guys ... if that's any consolation.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anon283799
Hey ATS!

We have some good news today about Assange's case.

The judge ruled against his extradition.

Breaking: UK judge rules against extradition of Assange to US #AssangeCase

twitter.com...

JULIAN ASSANGE WILL NOT BE EXTRADITED. THE US GOVERNMENT HAS 14 DAYS TO APPEAL THIS DECISION. VICTORY WAS OURS TODAY MY FRIENDS.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

parler.com...

We are, right now, discussing bail for Julian.

They failed. Julian is going to be FREE.

Free to speak.

parler.com...

Julian is back in the box, waiting for the judge to return.
The subject of bail and freedom still needs to be formally settled. It was discussed privately during the 45 minute break.

Court will reconvene Wednesday morning at the behest of Julians defense team (they want to put all issues in front of the judge when making the bail application).
I expect a favorable ruling on it.

I am going to have a very busy 6th.

parler.com...

I'm excited to see where this is heading. The insurance files are still out there without an encryption key available to the public. Let's keep following his case and keep our eyes open.

Come on Trump, just pardon him already

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

No they really dont want him anymore it just rehashes up problems and public at large has forgotten about him. What will happen is he will die in a mugguing or car wreck about year after being released if they want to do it quicker he will overdose. But i think hes safe because dont think they dont know what was in those encrypted files by now? They know and if anything truly was a threat he would have been grabbed already and thrown into a deep hole.

What the game being played is they can make it disapear and save face at the same time. See wee cant prosecute because those mean brittish wont let him go. Perfect excuse to drop it and handle it discreetly later.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Maybe I'm just being pessimistic but I have little faith the UK actually has the best interests of Assange in mind considering they dragged him from the embassy and have had him locked up for years. Now is the time when Trump is most likely to pardon Assange because Trump is potentially about to leave office and he has many close friends such as Stone telling him to pardon Assange and Snowden. By refusing extradition they may be able to keep him locked up in the UK based on some other nonsense like reopening the sexual assault cases. When the judge actually gives Assange freedom then I will believe there isn't some plan to keep him locked up as long as possible.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   
An application for Julian's bail will be made on Wednesday , hopefully he will be free before the end of the week.

Mr Assange will now be taken back to Belmarsh Prison - where he is being held - and a full application for his bail will be made on Wednesday.

His lawyer Ed Fitzgerald told the court there will be evidence to show Mr Assange will not abscond.
www.bbc.co.uk...

At the very least he should be moved out of Belmarsh to end this travesty of justice.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I am entertaining the idea that Assange has already been pardoned for any crimes committed in the US and has handed over the encryption key(s).
Hey, I can dream... right?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Excellent! I am torn on the idea of bail unless he has a way to just simply disappear (I know that doesn't mean he shouldn't get bail) I don't think everyone is quite done with him yet and expect there are more than one or two who would love nothing more than for him to drown in his own bath tub or overdose on a couple of baby aspirin. I don't think you piss those kinds of folks off and then they just become alright with it after some time has passed especially if they think you have more information you haven't released yet.

Trump should go ahead and step up and pardon both Assange and Snowden. It's simply the right thing to do.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

That was the tone of my post, no big media coverage, they will pick him up on the street. Sooner or later, depends if and how or what he else knows.

They won't just off him, first they (3 letter agencies) need to get their hands on him, "debrief" him, risk judgement to consider if he imposes any danger.

Then in a year, you will hear how he suffered the consequences of his erotic asphyxiation kink. Heard he likes it hard and wasn't there a rape allegation sometime? This is what those that ain't as informed as us, will remember.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I'm excited to see where this is heading. The insurance files are still out there without an encryption key available to the public.

I’m light of current events I think the insurance files are irrelevant. He could prove that E.T had made contact and was taking over the world through the NWO and people would be like, whatever...

What’s happening and is going to happen is far bigger than the majority of people seem to grasp. It’s game over, freedom lost. But hey ho good for Assange, at least he got to start a family while in the embassy, maybe now he will be able have some quality time with them.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Canny get the steam off our crap im afraid until you return to the world fold America.

Fact of the matter is i dont imagine we will be extraditing anyone of significance to the USA until the likes of Anne Sacoolas answers for the murder of teenager Harry Dunn.
edit on 4-1-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join