It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuming!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well, well, well, I am fuming! As many of you know, I am famed for my good nature and selfless generosity on these forums and so it won’t surprise anyone to learn that earlier in the year I decided to sponsor a less fortunate child (through a well known charity who will remain nameless here). In return for my sponsorship I would receive regular communications in the form of letters.

The first child I was given was a six year old named Britney based in Florida, USA, which I immediately refused as I won’t support anyone based in Florida on principle. The second child was a young boy named Todd, based in Texas. I have a lot of respect for the lone star state and so on this occasion I was happy to accept and looked forward to imparting my wisdom on this young man.

The first communication I received was a drawing by Todd of a little bumble bee, it was really quite beautiful. In return, I sent a letter to Todd explaining the many benefits of Brexit and the reclamation of our sovereignty.

Today, on a very cold and frosty morning, I was thrilled to find a reply from Todd through my letter box. However, upon opening my letter, I was shocked to discover a very offensive drawing of our Prime Minister amongst a smattering of foul mouthed expletives which I cannot repeat here. I have of course contacted the charity and demanded an immediate refund!

edit on 31-12-2020 by DougHole64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DougHole64
Well, well, well, I am fuming! As many of you know, I am famed for my good nature and selfless generosity on these forums and so it won’t surprise anyone to learn that earlier in the year I decided to sponsor a less fortunate child (through a well known charity who will remain nameless here). In return for my sponsorship I would receive regular communications in the form of letters.

The first child I was given was a six year old named Britney based in Florida, USA, which I immediately refused as I won’t support anyone based in Florida on principle. The second child was a young boy named Todd, based in Texas. I have a lot of respect for the lone star state and so on this occasion I was happy to accept and looked forward to imparting my wisdom on this young man. The first communication I received was a drawing by Todd of a little bumble bee, it was really quite beautiful. In return, I sent a letter to Todd explaining the many benefits of Brexit and the reclamation of our sovereignty.

Today, on a very cold and frosty morning, I was thrilled to find a reply from Todd through my letter box. However, upon opening my letter, I was shocked to discover a very offensive drawing of our Prime Minister amongst a smattering of foul mouthed expletives which I cannot repeat here. I have of course contacted the charity and demanded an immediate refund!

Pictures ?

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
He didnt write back and tell you about the Alamo?

link   

originally posted by: nofear46

The first child I was given was a six year old named Britney based in Florida, USA, which I immediately refused as I won’t support anyone based in Florida on principle. The second child was a young boy named Todd, based in Texas. I have a lot of respect for the lone star state and so on this occasion I was happy to accept and looked forward to imparting my wisdom on this young man. The first communication I received was a drawing by Todd of a little bumble bee, it was really quite beautiful. In return, I sent a letter to Todd explaining the many benefits of Brexit and the reclamation of our sovereignty.

Pictures ?

I am afraid it wouldn’t be suitable for me to post here but I can assure you that the content was extremely vulgar!

link   
a reply to: DougHole64

Don’t make us start throwing tea again.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
You got 166 posts and you are "famed"??????

And BoJo is a bit of a retard so the kid is probably a bit astute.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

In return, I sent a letter to Todd explaining the many benefits of Brexit and the reclamation of our sovereignty.

To a child ?
Why do you think an American kid would want to receive a letter about Brexit ?

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So, I take it you’re a firm believer of “don’t bite the hand that feeds you?”

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

As many of you know, I am famed for my good nature and selfless generosity on these forums

I'm not sure I have ever met a person who claimed to be "Selfless" and "Good natured " outloud in public , who turned out to be Selfless and Good natured .

In fact they are usually right the opposite.

But either way nice story.
edit on 31-12-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Or ANY kid for that matter.

a reply to: gortex

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

One selfless act starts another...next time you give to charity don’t expect something in return.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

One selfless act starts another...next time you give to charity don’t expect something in return.

How dare you!

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

In return, I sent a letter to Todd explaining the many benefits of Brexit and the reclamation of our sovereignty.

You know what? I had an inkling you were headed somewhere in this vicinity yet when I got to the punchline it still caught me up in a spasm of coughing laughter. But your distaste for that final reply was all your own fault you know. I mean, after all, Texas.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Does Jimmy Saville have a brother?

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

How dare you!

Is your real name "Karen"?

link   

originally posted by: gortex

To a child ?
Why do you think an American kid would want to receive a letter about Brexit ?

The boy needed leadership!

link   

How do you know it was a drawing of the Prime Minister?

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Does Jimmy Saville have a brother?

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Vile!

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Someone selfless and good-natured who just happens to not want to ever have anything to do with an unfortunate child for living in Florida.

Surely this poor, unfortunate soul would be most in need of the OP's boundless wisdom, so that eventually she could make the informed choice as an adult and leave -- perform a Flexit as it were.
edit on 31-12-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
In the rest of the EU there's a man in a tricorn riding a horse around the countryside and shouting, "THE BRITISH ARE GOING! THE BRITISH ARE GOING!"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join