It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Hawley will object on January 6th.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
a reply to: Xtrozero

Military might not be as right leaning as you think.

www.militarytimes.com...

Older veterans trended for Trump not by much. Current AD military trends more liberal these days.

Despite the hype from Trump supporters, he is not well-thought of my many members of our military:

The president has seen his support with the military and veteran communities slide in recent months. A poll of active-duty troops conducted by Military Times and the Institute for Veterans and Military Families this summer showed increasing support for Joe Biden in the upcoming election over Trump.

More than 40% of survey respondents said they strongly disapproved of Trump's time in office, Military Times reported. That was before a damning report in The Atlantic claimed Trump referred to Marines killed in the World War I battle of Belleau Wood as "suckers" for getting killed.

"Why should I go to that cemetery? It's filled with losers," The Atlantic reported Trump said during a 2018 trip to France where he was supposed to visit the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery.

military.com

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This tweet from Obama's CIA director John Brennan confirms that Senator Josh Hawley is doing the right thing.

mobile.twitter.com...

I'll be very interested to see if Hawley follows through.

He's up for re-election in 2024. "Some are saying" he might be a Presidential candidate.

EDIT: Here's the rub that McConnell is concerned about. If there is a successful objection to a given state's Electoral Votes, that will require each Senator to vote up or down on the baseless claims of voter/election fraud. Many of those Senators are up for re-election in 2022.

The vote will force a "for or against Trump" choice that McConnell would rather not have his caucus make.

We will see.
edit on 30-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I have ranting on about the need for objection in Congress on Jan. 6th but now, I'm not sure that is the right approach.
The only way to stop this beast is to cut off the head. And the only way I see of doing that quickly, cleanly and completely is by military tribunal.
I say, let Trump declare martial law.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

I have ranting on about the need for objection in Congress on Jan. 6th but now, I'm not sure that is the right approach.
The only way to stop this beast is to cut off the head. And the only way I see of doing that quickly, cleanly and completely is by military tribunal.

Now that Sen. Hawley has announce he will be objecting is becoming quite clear to many Trump supporters that this would be only political theater. Republicans can’t achieve anything with this play because Pelosi and the Dems in the House will never vote to accept a slate of electors that take Biden win away.

I sincerely hope Trump don’t declare Martial Law and just go back to the drawing board to plan his 2024 comeback. He is clearly the force of the party and I doubt anyone will dare to run against him.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Spoil sport. Let's let the Senate speak on January 6th.

Trump will still have fourteen days or so to stage his coup.

Just out of curiosity, what Constitutional authority does he have to declare martial law and stage military tribunals in the United States? What law gives him that power? I mean, I know in reality it's not factual, but I'd love to hear it.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And then? How does the House vote? Do you think they're going to toss a slate of Electors?

This is more pointless posturing that people will believe that is going to lead somewhere.
If the country is to move forward from this point of division, there needs to be some objectivity on the matter, that involves admitting the process of mail in votes was not due to safety for covid, but the democrats finding new ways to manipulate vote numbers. A bigger discussion than “no fraud, suck it up for the next 4 years” which is what we’ve been getting.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808

And then? How does the House vote? Do you think they're going to toss a slate of Electors?

This is more pointless posturing that people will believe that is going to lead somewhere.
If the country is to move forward from this point of division, there needs to be some objectivity on the matter, that involves admitting the process of mail in votes was not due to safety for covid, but the democrats finding new ways to manipulate vote numbers. A bigger discussion than “no fraud, suck it up for the next 4 years” which is what we’ve been getting.

May I paraphrase what you've just said? I'm not saying you said this:

"If we're going to heal and move forward, we're going to have to admit that the election was stolen from Trump via massive voter and election fraud and a conspiracy that includes all poll workers in four States, the Governors and SoSs of those States, the State and Federal Court system, the majority of the Congress, and the entire Supreme Court of the United States."

Is that a fair summary? So all we have to do to move forward is to accept all the unproven nonsense that has been churned out by Trump, et. al.?

THAT's going to be a hard sale.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

If the country is to move forward from this point of division, there needs to be some objectivity on the matter, that involves admitting the process of mail in votes was not due to safety for covid, but the democrats finding new ways to manipulate vote numbers.

You're looking for bias confirmation and starting from the position of 'there was fraud'.

I voted by mail, it was stupid easy and I intend on doing that moving forward after having not done that before. I don't feel like waiting on line at my polling place for hours ever again and I don't vote for either party.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

If the country is to move forward from this point of division, there needs to be some objectivity on the matter, that involves admitting the process of mail in votes was not due to safety for covid, but the democrats finding new ways to manipulate vote numbers.

You're looking for bias confirmation and starting from the position of 'there was fraud'.

I voted by mail, it was stupid easy and I intend on doing that moving forward after having not done that before. I don't feel like waiting on line at my polling place for hours ever again and I don't vote for either party.

The Governor and Raffy are going to severely reduce the ability of Georgians to vote absentee after this.

That's more important to them both than Trump.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I liked his response. Wal Mart gets 80% of their junk from China so they aren't the least bit compromised in taking a position on this.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The Governor and Raffy are going to severely reduce the ability of Georgians to vote absentee after this.

That's more important to them both than Trump.

They'll never stop me and my dead relatives. Never.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join