It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pence Sued by GOP Legislators to Overturn Biden's Victory

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
Trump never conceded...

And he shouldn't. I'd like him try to pretend to still be the President at 12:01PM on January 21st of next month. The laughs alone would make it worth while.

They can both be potus. Have twitter outbursts, while the other hides and breaks bones while playing with the dog.

2 separate presidential camps while congress continues to sell out the nation and rape every last pocket of home grown wealth

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I'm as convinced of the corruption of our government as anyone, all branches, all levels.

The excruciatingly ironic thing is that many are fine with corruption ... as long as they agree.

Yet you think the election was honest and legit.

Have I said that?

Think about it.

In another thread you gave a really nice insult when I suggested that the democrats successfully engineered the win.

Did I say in the other thread that you're dragging here that I think the election is honest and legit?

IF I hurt your feelings with something I said, it was not my intention.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Not at all!

I said it was a really nice insult, I see too few of those.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

The carefully worded Lawsuit is a WIN-WIN:

-The lawsuit will likely fail, but the idea is to weaken the Act.

-Thereby clarifying the failure of the Act and strengthening the VP's hand.

-It is also to layout grounds for the VP placing it on the side.

The above is from someone assisting in the Jan 6th effort: twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink
a reply to: jtma508

Yeah not even going to touch that.
Something tells me that if I was to impart some of my infinite wisdom on you it would go right over your head.

Oh yes. I'm sure it would.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Not at all!

I said it was a really nice insult, I see too few of those.

Fair enough.

You are a master of word play.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

So just to be clear, you and other Trump supporters are elated that an election law could be weakened by judicial action?

Are you guys for or against judges legislating from the bench???

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I may be wrong about this, god knows. but I really don't think Mike Pence wants to be remembered by history as the only Vice President to assist a coup attempt on the floor of the US Congress.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Upon such reading of any such certificate or paper, the President of the Senate shall call for objections, if any. Every objection shall be made in writing, and shall state clearly and concisely, and without argument, the ground thereof, and shall be signed by at least one Senator and one Member of the House of Representatives before the same shall be received.

Electoral Count Act of 1877

Mitch McConnell has told members of his caucus in the Senate that they are not to object to the Electoral Votes.

That's where this will most likely fail.

Each State's slate of Electors were certified by law before the College met on Dec. 14. The College met and elected Joe Biden.

How many of you are on board with this blatant attempt to thwart the laws of the United States?

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
For those who are fuzzy on what is coming January 6th, read this big picture analysis, from a man who is rarely wrong.

Here: mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
2 separate presidential camps while congress continues to sell out the nation and rape every last pocket of home grown wealth

But people want their 'free' stuff.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JinMI

But people want their 'free' stuff.

And Equality.

Equally broke
Equally miserable
Equal equity (0)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

For those who are fuzzy on what is coming January 6th, read this big picture analysis, from a man who is rarely wrong.

Here: mobile.twitter.com...

Do you have anything more substantial than a tweet?

And I think everyone knows what's '"coming down" on January 6th. One or more members of Congress intend to help Donald Trump in his coup attempt.

No, you've been pretty clear about that. No one is confused.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I may be wrong about this, god knows. but I really don't think Mike Pence wants to be remembered by history as the only Vice President to assist a coup attempt on the floor of the US Congress.

He wouldn't be the only one. Adams and Jefferson were the first two.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Indeed. That was before the Electoral Count Act of 1877 clarified the process though.

And here we've gone 143 years without the law being declared unconstitutional for ... reasons.

Gotta love politics.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Pretty decent recent article about the implications of the affirmation required of Congress by Amendment XII on January 6th. The Electoral Count Act of 1877 will likely come into play.

Explaining how Congress settles electoral college disputes - constitutioncenter.org

Just out of curiosity, since it seems to me that the coup attempt being discussed will fail on the rocks of the Constitution just like the others ... have any State legislature sent two slates of Electoral Votes to Congress?

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Indeed. That was before the Electoral Count Act of 1877 clarified the process though.

And here we've gone 143 years without the law being declared unconstitutional for ... reasons.

Gotta love politics.

I think what we're missing here is that at the level of the common man/woman, unofficial and unarmed war has been declared, and both sides are out for political blood. This may get nasty before it's over with, and who knows what the aftermath will look like.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

This should be interesting, whatever happens. 9.0 on the Richter scale indeed.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Gotta love politics.

I think what we're missing here is that at the level of the common man/woman, unofficial and unarmed war has been declared, and both sides are out for political blood. This may get nasty before it's over with, and who knows what the aftermath will look like.

Yep, that's spot on. I believe that most Americans are not on the extreme sides of politics. I think ATS is probably a great example of this ... we have probably 50-100K people reading this site and only about 50 of us regularly "discuss" politics.

I absolutely agree though: the next few weeks will have a dramatic effect on the future of the US.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Pretty much my belief as well. Pence was never a Trump man. He'll be happy to cap his career off as the Second Most Powerful Man in the World and walk off into the sunset as the least impactful VP we've had in a while.

There's no way he's going to let his legacy be the Man Who Started the Second Civil War.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join