It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US mental group seeks Klingon interpreter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
>>>A mental health organisation in the US state of Oregon needs an interpreter who can speak Klingon. The language created for Star Trek is one of about 55 needed by the office that treats mental health patients in metropolitan Multnomah County.

Multnomah County research has found many people consider Klingon to be a complete language.

Although created for works of fiction, Klingon was designed to have a consistent grammar, syntax and vocabulary.

"There are some cases where we've had mental health patients where this was all they would speak," said county official, Franna Hathaway.

The officials say they're obligated to respond with a Klingon-English interpreter, putting the language on a par with less common tongues like Dari and Tongan.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Anyone here speak Klingon?

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
no sorry ..... anyone else!!

i suppose if it works its worth it!!

Maybe i will learn it just in case!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hijah'!

(I believe that is 'Yes' in Klingon)

I've been studying!

-WD

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Semi-hoax that Anova fell for. Honestly, someone's GOT to teach reporters how to check sources. See Snopes:

www.snopes.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well, go to a star trek convention, you'd find plenty of them. But who's to say they crazy? Could be Klingons in disguise!!!

Everybody, get ready for the Klingon invasion

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well assuming that there are patients there that only speak Klingon, or prefer to discuss there problems, in Klingon, i can only suggest that in the absence of an interpretor, you may want to consider a Vulcan, who can mind meld!

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
at bolton uni uk there is a dgree corse in klingon

new topics

top topics

join