It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More U.S. lawmakers join Electoral College challenge

page: 1

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Link Republican Rep. Lance Gooden said in a letter Tuesday to Republican Sens. Ted Cruz and John Cornyn: "I intend to object to the certification of the Electoral College vote submissions on January 6th, and I respectfully ask you to stand with me," the Epoch Times reported.

A challenge to any state's Electoral College votes submitted to Congress for certification requires at least one House representative and one senator to object. The House and Senate then would each vote on the challenge. A majority of both chambers would be required to reject a state's votes. If both Biden and Trump lacked the required 270 electoral votes, the House would choose the president, with one vote for each state delegation, and the Senate the vice president.

No senator has committed to objecting, but Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., has indicated he might do it, as has Sen.-elect Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala. At a Senate hearing last Wednesday, Paul charged that the 2020 election was "stolen," arguing courts never addressed the evidence. "The courts haven't decided the facts. They never looked at the facts," the Kentucky senator said. "The fraud happened. The election in many ways was stolen and the only way it will be fixed is by in the future reinforcing the laws."

The folks trying to transition Trump out of the White House are dying for this election's memory to fade. You can also feel the 'establishment politicians' from the Republican team pulling in that direction as hard as they can ...without jeopardizing a voter-backlash. The new Republican buzz-phrase is something like, "We'll fully investigate the election rigging ... to make sure it doesn't ever happen again."

I say: "What are you doing about it This Time?. As soon as they certified the vote ... arrests should have been made. Everyone involved at the state level should have been rounded-up and hauled off to Gitmo. People would have started spilling the beans in that very instant. I've got a very bad feeling that Trump didn't act ... because it wasn't part of his frikkin' script!!

edit on 23122020 by Snarl because: Added source link

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It is not over until it is over !! Also as a foot note another caravan is forming up due to the supposed Biden victory allowing all the illegals to cross the borders once again. youtu.be...
Asking the new President to please help them..

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

What's the point of contesting when the Democrats control the House? You need both chambers to disqualify a State's slate of Electors and that isn't going to happen.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know. I've heard the Fat Lady's voice. The sound was unmistakeable.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

So these clowns in Congress are just doing this for show to make people think something might happen when they already know it won't?

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
So these clowns in Congress are just doing this for show to make people think something might happen when they already know it won't?

It's like this: Congress has about 50% of the population snookered ... the other 50% thinks chocolate milk comes from brown cows.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

No matter what, America due to not enforcing the laws of the land is on a decline. We've all read where the DA's let the criminals go free. Same with the politicians. Life is truly beginning to suck big time. You make money, the politicians want to take it away from us. You buy a house and can't pay taxes on the property after 5 years, the politicians take it away from us.
We truly only own our souls and that is going to disappear once the majority of the population works for the corporations.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
...the politicians take it away from us.

'Us'? You don't live here, there is no 'us'.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This past "election" was such an obvious sham, it makes me wonder when the last free and fair election took place.

I do know this much- Obama handed our media to the cia to allow full blown legal use of propaganda within our borders... If that's not fixed, it won't matter if we regain the right to vote or not.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

...the politicians take it away from us.

'Us'? You don't live here, there is no 'us'.

I may not live there but I still got income coming in from the US, so yes, they are taking it away from "us" and " me " too.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I may not live there but I still got income coming in from the US, so yes, they are taking it away from "us" and " me " too.

Sure you do.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

That's how most politicians get elected.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

50% of those that listen or participate on social media.

It is amazing, the number of people that participate on social media, but I was reminded last night that I was overlooking a large group that doesn't.

I was part of a local social distancing gathering of friends and neighbors . Fifteen people in all. Out of fifteen, I was the only one that was involved with social media, and even I don't do Twitter, Facebook and the others. I just do ATS and one other forum.

So us folk that participate on social media, we think that everyone does. Everyone doesn't.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
How many times you have to have it explained why this will not work. There needs to be a majority who agree in both the House and Senate for a state's EC votes challenged. Despite what will likely be a Republican majority by 1 or 2 in the Senate, they still will not get the votes needed, the House has a Democrat majority besides.

It will be a waste of time and may even take an extra day or two. The Congressmen who will challenge it are all in districts where Trump won by a large margin. They are doing it so they can tell their voters they did something to help Trump stay in office.

While it is likely now there will be a Senator or two who go along with it, despite Mitch Mcconnell warning against it, again it will be a waste of time, with zero chance of any state's certified Electoral Votes being challenged.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

We all know why they are doing it. And it isn't even that they even necessarily believe in "the cause". It's because the repubs have become the party of Trump. And if you want to be re-elected, then you have to side with Trump. No matter what. If you don't, prepare for a twitter tirade coming your way, and the dumpster-fire president doing everything he can to ruin your political career. You may have backed him this whole time, but if you don't back him 100%, till death do you part, you get the wrath. When you sell your soul (and sell out your ideals) it's gonna come back to haunt you.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Yeah, I kinda knew that, I just wanted to see if the people thinking anything was going to come of this understand that as well.

It's kabuki theater for the politically ignorant.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

What's the point of contesting when the Democrats control the House? You need both chambers to disqualify a State's slate of Electors and that isn't going to happen.

Thanks for explaining this. I did not know this...what an obvious waste of time.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
Thanks for explaining this. I did not know this...what an obvious waste of time.

Yeah, pointless showboating to entertain the uneducated masses.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
It is not over until it is over !! Also as a foot note another caravan is forming up due to the supposed Biden victory allowing all the illegals to cross the borders once again. youtu.be...
Asking the new President to please help them..

Is that like the migrant caravan that spontaneously disappeared after the mid term elections?

new topics

top topics

join