It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't people handle the 'Truth' ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The modern-era UFO sightings began with Kenneth Arnold in 1947. This was shortly after the detonation of the first atomic bombs in 1945. The ending of mass UFO sightings occurred after the worldwide moratorium on nuclear testing. This seems to imply a link. Some have suggested the Department-of-Energy (the former Atomic Energy Commission) knows the "why" behind it (compartmentalized in the standard 'Q' clearance) and the CIA & DIA use it for their own purposes.

In 1990, an audience at an outdoor concert was recorded observing "UFOs" over an East German nuclear facility. To me, this sounded like a deliberate manmade demonstration. (See www.stealthskater.com... . You can download the entire dvd at www.stealthskater.com... .)

As was the famous Bentwaters/Rendelsham Forest incident. This occurred in a joint RAF/USAF base that housed nuclear weapons. Before sending military police into the forest to investigate the strange lights, they were instructed to leave all weapons behind. Now who in their right mind would give such an order? Unless this was some sort of psychological test using CIA/MK5 technology to assess personnel (who were guarding nuclear weapons) response under extraordinary conditions.

My father was a longtime city newspaper editor. I was a child when Kennedy was assassinated. My father later told me that every newspaper in the U.S. knew that Kennedy was dead. But the Powers-That-Be forbade that news to be released until it authorization was given. (I suppose this was to preserve national security until the new President could be sworn in.)

A college friend of mine became a U.S. Navy aviator after graduation. My (ex-)wife and I drove down ca. 1975 to see her ailing father in Clearwater, Florida and stopped off to visit Jim B. and his wife in Jacksonville. I heard on the car radio that a Russian bomber had come very close to the Florida coastline. But I never heard anything more about it. Just that one news broadcast.

When I met Jim B., I asked him about that. He grilled me over the length of our visit. "Where did you hear that? That's sensitive information. They made a lot of people very mad." That was my first introduction into what "national security" really means. It is much more than just guarding secret tech or intelligence agents' identities. It is anything that can affect how a government governs its citizenry.

Ben Rich was the chief propulsion engineer for Clarence "Kelly" Johnson at Lockheed Skunk Works. Ben later became CEO after Kelly retired. Concerning security, he said: "The secrecy business is a bureaucracy. They use security (first) to protect jobs. Second, to protect budgets. And that's wrong! If you become too loose with it, you make everything secret. And that's bad. It's an abuse of power ..." (see www.stealthskater.com... .)

I also asked Jim B. about UFOs. He was very casual and almost uninterested. "Oh, they're up there all the time. But they don't bother us and we don't bother them." Tom Mahood (who exposed flaws in Bob Lazar's educational background => www.stealthskater.com... ) told me that he had heard the same thing from military pilots with whom he was friends. "Sort of like standing orders" was how he put it.

Perhaps "UFOs" comprise many things including physical craft as well as atmospheric manipulations or even psychological "hallucinations". Some have suggested that they may even be "Plasmoids" (www.stealthskater.com... ). The aforementioned Ben Rich once said: "To understand UFOs, you have to know ESP" => www.stealthskater.com... ). Was he joking or being serious?

Most physicists discount the possibility of interplanetary spaceships visiting Earth even if they can travel FTL or bend spacetime. However, some of these same scientists are very receptive to the idea of "time travel" as in Macroscopic Quantum Tunneling (or quantum entanglement/teleportation). Philip Corso said that German rocket pioneer Hermann Oberth thought that the Roswell craft behaved more like a time machine (www.stealthskater.com... ). I wasn't even aware that Oberth investigated this. I wonder who else was involved?

ELINT Sgt. Dan Sherman (www.stealthskater.com... ) said that his Project Preserve Destiny off-world/alt-dimensional contacts revealed that they "don't travel through time as that was impossible. Rather they 'evade' time." Offhand, that sounded to me like the spice navigators in "Dune".

Types of known national security clearances are at => www.stealthskater.com... . I suspect that there are others that are so secret that they don't exist in any readable format and are only known "orally".

Part of the UFO enigma lies with the nuke link. It would seem that most technological sophisticated countries know about this and have even exploited it in the past.

But what about the rest of the puzzle? Giving the benefit of the doubt to "People couldn't handle the truth", what could the "Truth" possibly be? We have become well indoctrinated into aliens over the decades so their existence couldn't possibly spark a panic along the lines of Orson Wells' "War of the Worlds" broadcast.

The military and police are overwhelmingly outnumbered by armed citizenry in the United States. So how is Law&Order maintained? I propose that Religion (and specifically Life-after-Death and the Judgment Day) has a great deal to do with controlling the masses. What if we learned that Bob Lazar's S4 briefings (www.stealthskater.com... ) and Zecharia Sitchin's publications that Aliens created the human race were correct? That would cause a major religious revolt. (Note that Lazar said that while he did observe and enter an actual UFO, these preliminary briefings were just "ink words on paper" and he did not know if they were valid.)

Speaking of Lazar, he is generally credited with exposing Area-51 to the public circa 1988. (Interestingly, I read where it was during this time that China became involved in "time travel". But how is "time travel" defined?) I remember going to a local K-Mart and seeing shelves stocked with a Testor Model Kit of his UFO "Sport Model".

Lazar and Gene Huff formed a Tri-Dot corporation which produced his UFO tape (downloaded at www.stealthskater.com... ). On it was an interview with Edward Teller (the "Father of the Hydrogen Bomb") who supposedly was impressed with Lazar's engineering ability (he put a jet engine onto a Honda Civic) that he helped Bob get a job working on Project Galileo.

I can't imagine any scientist with a credible reputation allowing himself to be on a UFO documentary. And at the time you had to purchase this video. Teller would have had to sign a consent. It is more plausible to me that Teller and (perhaps unwittingly) Lazar were involved in a disinformation campaign to divert attention from something else (e.g., a new power source like a "stargate").

As a final note, major laboratories like Brookhaven, Oak Ridge, and Hanover always dealt with nuclear topics. Today, however, they are involved in top-secret medical and genetic research. One would think that this would be handled by CDC laboratories. What is going on here? Then I reminded that one of Lazar's briefings said that human DNA was manipulated 65 times over 10,000 years. WTF!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Space exploration is more romantic than achievable. Even if you could go FTL or MQT, what are you going to do when you arrive at a distant planet? Its gravity could seriously impede any exploration on foot. What about radiation or bacteriological/viral dangers?

I propose that Remote-Viewing (www.stealthskater.com... ) would be a much quicker and infinitely safer way to explore. But how do you get it to be consistently reliable? That's probably why the CIA etc. explored using drugs to "awaken" innate R-V capabilities in their agents without subjecting them to a hard blow to the head. Most R-V "targets" are unaware that they are being "viewed". Tom Skeggs had an idea for a machine that would enable real-time interaction between a View-er and a View-ee (www.stealthskater.com... ).

The aforementioned Tom Mahood recalls a good friend who spoke of his experience with a female remote-viewer. Once she was hired to "view" an underground lab. Not only did she see an Alien, but the latter was well aware of her and "viewed" back. When she reported this to her employer, they said: '‘Yes, that’s just what we expected. Thank you very much.’ (www.stealthskater.com... ) Now was this an actual viewing or a test of some memory-implant technology to create false images (e.g., Betty & Barney Hill) ? The Russians supposedly have an "alarm" to let them know if they are being "viewed".

As far as Project Preserve Destiny goes, preserving the human race would involve more than just building a huge number of spaceships. It would be more practical to implant individual consiousnesses into biological hosts already existing on other planets. But this is starting to sound like what Sitchin published and Lazar read about.

In summary, "UFOs" and all the tangents/side-topics force use to think outside-the-box and make for good Hollywood movies.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
They can.

Because everyone still has to pay their bills on day 1-post disclosure.

Edit:

This applies to just about everything. We still don't understand the nature of reality. We just know a few of it's working parts.

The paranormal may very well be depressingly normal. But this depends on quite a few factors. Remember that seeing is believing for most.
edit on 12 20 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: stealthskater

The modern-era UFO sightings began with Kenneth Arnold in 1947.

No it didn't.

The Foo Fighters of WW II where earlier.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Phantom Airships in the 1890s.

Not to mention, lmost every human culture having visitations by beings "from the sky."

Etc.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
People can handle the truth. Us not being able to handle it is a straight up lie that is told so the truth never has to be told on the grounds of "being compassionate" and "protecting the people".

We did it for your own good.

Sound familiar? Sounds like something we've all heard our parents say, and something that many of us have told our own children. The problem is, we don't need the government to be our parents. Yet it's a role they keep trying to play time and time again.

If we are not being told something then you can bet it is not for our own good, but for what others can gain out of the situation for themselves.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

"UFO sightings" probably started while we were still in caves, and have nothing whatsoever to do with technology.

You see the issue here?

One man's truth is another man's trash.

That's why it can't be 'handled'.

Nobody can agree what is true.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If we agree on what truth is, we aren't quite so managable.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Some people have the mental flexibility to handle whatever the real, absolute "truth" might be. Whether we're in a simulation, the corporeal hosts for some alien parasite, or that we're just sad, weak animals with an overactive imagination. As mentioned above, we still gotta pay the bills. Others won't be able to handle it, and they'll destroy themselves, just like they do now.

But there will also be a lot of people who will never be smart or intellectually open enough to either understand or accept the truth no matter how forcefully it's proven to them. Particularly if it doesn't directly affect their day to day lives as they see it. And this might be the overwhelming majority of people. Fat stupid couples with stupid little fat fingered children. I can imagine the government saying people have to get innoculated or wear a stylish tinfoil hat to resist alien influence only to have them fighting in the aisles of Walmart against it.

Until a few years ago I would have had a more optimistic view of how people would react to something as culture shaking as solid proof of extra/intra/crypto alien interaction with humanity. Now I don't know. Maybe we don't want the sheep stampeding. Maybe it's better to just let them sleep and dream their alien manipulated dreams.

Who's to say that the truth is ultimately better? Would you rather continue life as it appears now, or wake up in a vat of nutrients with a cable stuck in the back of your skull?

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

If quantum reality is as malleable by human perception as it seems to be at times, it might make sense to insure that human perception only remained in certain controllable parameters ... wouldn't it?

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

UFO sightings are not extra terrestrial, they are already and have always been here
Aliens are in fact demons, watch the movie alien intrusion

That’s the truth and YOU can’t handle that truth
Don’t think you know when you at best guess

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Except that isn’t the truth. That’s your opinion as there is zero evidence to support that claim.

There’s some circumstantial evidence to support aliens, but none to support ‘demons’ or that the two are linked in any way.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

If quantum reality is as malleable by human perception as it seems to be at times, it might make sense to insure that human perception only remained in certain controllable parameters ... wouldn't it?

Control our minds to keep us from stupidly creating a situation where our perceived reality destabilizes existence? Maybe. And then we're allowed to fully express ourselves in dreams, which is like playing a video game in passive mode where what we think only affects a pocket universe in our heads rather than greater reality where we physically exist (sort of) and interact with others. Could be.

That would also be a cold truth not everyone would able to accept.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

UFO sightings are not extra terrestrial, they are already and have always been here

Are they demons or are they djinn? There's a difference, you know, and not just the religious context. I personally don't think they're demons, because I don't think they're inherently evil. They have different motivations. And people have been fighting these things since long before Jesus and his followers fought them. So they're much less evil than they are annoying, playful, or just indifferent, which is more like how UFOs are.

Given the choice, I'd say djinn rather than demons. Mental mosquitoes.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

It's not "cant handle the truth". Its more like "afraid of the truth".

We as humans, and as explorers, tend to destroy or enslave the technologically disadvantaged.

We are at a technical disadvantage.

It's our own primitive fears, natural instinct and past history that makes us "afraid of the truth".

Look at us now. We are afraid of a microscopic virus that kills around 1% of us.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

This isn't the 1300's an believing whatever they are ,are demons is straight up superstitious and lazy thinking.
The same with Sasquatch being Nephalim, the same with most other entities being "evil".

Whatever things are in reality is yet to be determined conclusively. What is known is all of them act in their own best interest which does NOT make them inherently evil OR good.

We're here to Deny Ignorance not propagate it.

To answer the OP's question.
It's a lie that the public can't handle the truth. As long as the information doesn't interrupt peoples ability to get milk, beer, cigarettes, gas or play on the internet most people are going to ignore the information. A few snowflakes are going to whig out, but they tend to flip out over everything anyways.

It's past time to let the chips fall as they may.
Weird # is out there regardless if we acknowledge it or not. Just give us the facts as they're known an rip that bandaide off!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Recent events in the United States prove your words.

People don't want the truth, they will do anything in their power to avoid it, and this includes most people who believe in 'UFOs' as well.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You mean, by having people believe in evil alien nuts and bolts craft, rather than somthing which wouldn't increase the military budget and would be difficult to control? ;-)

edit on 20-12-2020 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Objective truth, and subjective truth are not always the same, and then there is half truth, and lies.
Also once a "truth" is declared it often gets defended regardless if it is the truth or not.
If it became certain that Aliens were among us, many people would freak out.
edit on 0000001212071212America/Chicago20 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join