It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle pretty much destroyed.. Is this the future of America?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Some very rich people seem to live in Washington state, and even in Seatle...jeff Bezos, Bill Gates has also one house there .

Where do Washington State's billionaires live?

Most of the state’s billionaires choose to hang their hats outside Seattle, even if their homes are just outside. The only state billionaires to openly live in Seattle proper are Starbucks founder and short-lived presidential candidate Howard Schultz, in a ritzy gated community in Madison Park, and Nordstrom shareholder and heiress Anne Gittinger, who’s part of an exclusive condo community in Belltown.

Not exactly. Seattle proper is not home to many billionaires. The communities where they do live outside of Seattle are also not "home" to many homeless... they are quickly shuttled back into Seattle where their handlers and enablers are.

It's sad because both the drug addiction problem and the homeless problem are self correcting if leadership simply has the spine to allow them to self correct.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: mtnshredder
I have family that live in Seattle very close to downtown, they’re done with it and looking for a new home outside of the Seattle area. They’ve friends that are on the police force that are looking for other jobs because the city council, judges and district attorney’s have their hands tied and they can’t actually do the job they were hired to do.

It’s a sad situation but even sadder is that my family in Wa. all voted for Biden/Harris, the very people and party that is condoning and supporting the destruction of the very city they’re wanting to flee. Embarrassing, brainwashed and ignorant train of thought to me but I leave it alone when we talk, makes absolutely no sense though.

That is the irony of it. They can't see that the results are what they actually vote for...

There's actually even more to it than just this. They're so blinded by the zeal of their political ideology that they REFUSE to see the results as stemming from what they actually vote for. Their conservative derangement syndrome is so overwhelmingly strong that they live inside a bubble of complete denial where there can be no other solution but their political party's solution. That is textbook definition of both brainwashing and denial.
edit on 12/20/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: nOraKat

Your video talks about various situations involving the alledgedly compassionate response of the city of Seattle to drug addiction and homelessness.

Are you saying you're against a compassionate approach? If so, why? And how would you act differently?

Doubting you'll answer those questions, I'll just go ahead and point out that this is from KOMO News, which is a part of the SInclair network, a vital part of the corporate media machine.

This is a part of the media that promotes the message of the global elite..

Did you even watch the whole vid? Your answers are in the vid. I watched the whole 1.5 hrs of it and there’s recovering addicts that spoke about your so called ”compassionate approach”. Maybe actually watch the vid. Leaving these people on the streets and doing nothing is not compassion, it’s a slow death for them.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Give them a comfortable, warm and dry place to sleep and they'll just do the same thing there. Right at the beginning of the video they straight up stated the same. They gave them the Morrisey hotel as a shelter, and they just bring their drugs inside to do them.

There has to be consequences for their actions, and those consequences have to sting and leave a mark. Otherwise, there's no incentive to improve.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

We're the richest country in the world whose mega-corporations and billionaires get away with paying little taxes. Yet you're suggesting we make it even harder for those with nothing. Not all homeless are drug addicts.

Some will choose to take advantage of the system but some also will benifit from the help and get back on their feet.

It's sad that you're advocating to punish the poorest and meanwhile say nothing about the corporate elite who avoid taxes and ship jobs overseas.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

We're the richest country in the world whose mega-corporations and billionaires get away with paying little taxes. Yet you're suggesting we make it even harder for those with nothing. Not all homeless are drug addicts.

Some will choose to take advantage of the system but some also will benifit from the help and get back on their feet.

It's sad that you're advocating to punish the poorest and meanwhile say nothing about the corporate elite who avoid taxes and ship jobs overseas.

Please show us where billionaires get away with paying little taxes....

The vast majority of chronic homeless are drug addicts or have mental problems. Nothing will get them off the streets other than forcibly removing them as they cannot function in society. No amount of affordable housing, taxes on the wealthy, social justice, free food, etc is going to help any of these people...
edit on 20-12-2020 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm all for autocratic and callous when it comes to the personal accountability issue! All for it! It is not absurd or meaningless in the least!

Obey the rules, or pay the consequences!

That is the foundation of the Constitution. Don't EVEN try to tell me the Constitution supports lawlessness, anarchy, murder, rape, drug abuse and laziness.

ETA - I have exactly zero sympathy for lack of personal accountability and responsibility.

You're totalitarian view is wrong.

And I WILL try and tell you that the constitution totally supports drug abuse because that's my constitutional right to do so.

Does the 18th amendment ring a bell?
edit on 20-12-2020 by Psilocyborg because: One pill makes them larger and one pill makes you small.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

Care to point out an amendment that says society should pay the bill for your addiction?

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There are valid reasons why people turn to drugs to avoid reality and try to find some happiness. It could be failed relationships, broken families, lack of a spiritual life, the constant materialism of our society and the fact that cheats and liars are the ones who get ahead in this world. There is a myriad of reasons these things are crushing people's souls and they need to be addressed if we ever hope to get a handle on these issues.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Well, you obviously haven't read all of my posts on this thread or you would have seen where I said the exact opposite of what you are alleging.

Further, I never advocated incarcerating these people initially. What I put forth as a suggestion was a work camp arrangement (no, not like North Korea) where people can work to improve their lives and their situation. It also creates an incentive to not repeat their previous actions.

I don't feel like repeating myself, nor going back to find that post, but you can find it here by just reading.

ETA - Your reference to the 18th Amendment is rather laughable. First of all, I think you meant the 21st Amendment because the 18th instituted Prohibition. The 21st repealed it. Secondly, you might take a look at the 9th Amendment which nullifies your argument completely.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

As burdman says above me, plus please also show me where in the Constitution it allows you to pose a hazard to society, or where society is required to house and feed you, or where the people have to tolerate your excrement in the public streets, or any number of a thousand other things these people do to the rest of society?

I won't hold my breath.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
If you are that worried about homeless people, you should kick Mitch McConnell out of the senate. He is going to single-handedly increase the homeless population of the U.S. by a power of 10 or more. He doesn't believe in economic aid to the people. He thinks that somehow corporations will survive if they don't have any customers left (because they are all too poor to participate in capitalism).
edit on 20pmSun, 20 Dec 2020 16:36:23 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

How do you figure?

Explain.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Mitch McConnell is blocking much-needed COVID aid. This stonewalling will result in many more homeless people in the U.S. as well as corporations themselves losing their customers. But he is way too short-sighted to see this. In addition, we do not need to worry about inflation, but deflation, economists say. So this is the perfect time to aid the people (not the corporate assholes).

Just so you know, if the people are too poor to participate in capitalism, capitalism fails. Trickle-down economics has been proven to benefit no one but the rich, while trickle-up economics benefits both.
edit on 20pmSun, 20 Dec 2020 16:39:15 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

In addition, CEO's and other management types add nothing to society. They abuse their management position to funnel money from the workers (who are actually providing value) to themselves and their yachts.

Do you think society will survive without the workers, who are the only ones adding value? Mitch McConnell is like a wheat farmer who thinks he can survive if his whole field burns down, because he is too arrogant and short-sighted to see that what affects the wheat affects him.

One day the fire in the wheat fields will burn down Mitch's house and he will blame someone else, because he doesn't know how to take accountability for his own actions.
edit on 20pmSun, 20 Dec 2020 16:43:05 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Because a compassionate approach does not work , I mean obviously it does not work just look at Seattle .

Compassion is neither locking people up, or allowing the madness in the street.
Compassion lies somewhere completely different.

Compassion means we have to REALLY get to the root of the problem, and apparently nobody wants to do that.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

What in the world are you talking about ?!

It is not only about the homelessness and drug problem but it is also about the government of Seattle who instigate these problems. Handcuffing police from doing their jobs.. leaving small businesses to fend for themselves. Letting the drug addicts and criminals run amock!

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Well lets see - I don't think many people living there like or support this sort of administration or voted for them so these people deserve that too?

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Nickn3

Thank you for not perpetuating the faux concern for drug addition and homelessness. I think you're very correct that arnarchy is not effective in large, dense populations. What would you suggest to deal with the issues?

To start with, Give the people an example to follow. A leader must be capable or get out of the way. No standing around wringing their hands.
Then enforce the laws that are on the books, the laws that the people legislated for. No short cuts, no taking the easy way out, no Bull Sh!t. The law must be enforced equally to everyone.

The problem is - I really think this is what they want.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I didn't even get that far. I just saw the conditions and the police unable to support that business owner.

I agree, its not just a drug problem.

Like I said before, I honestly believe its intentional. Proof - look at all the state administrations perpetuating this in unison with similar policies, setting people free from prison and jails etc.
edit on 20-12-2020 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I think the suggestion was mostly in jest and to make a point.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join