It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The other shoe is about to drop

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+99 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This situation is still developing so some of this information is purely speculative.... Most of the people on this site have been following the alleged election fraud and the NUMEROUS threads about whether it did or did not occur.

As such, unless you work in IT or Intelligence community, you might have missed this humdinger....

H ighly Evasive Attacker Leverages SolarWinds Supply Chain to Compromise Multiple Global Victims With SUNBURST Backdoor

Most disturbingly, SolarWinds software claims to be used in:

-all ten of the top ten US telecommunications companies
-all five branches of the U.S. military
-all five of the top five U.S. accounting firms
-the Pentagon
-the State Department
-the National Security Agency
-the Department of Justice
-The White House.

SolarWinds claims up to 300,000 customers nationwide so the reach is far beyond just government but comprises MANY customers in critical infrastructure.

Some media outlets are quoting "unnamed officials" who are pointing the finger at the Russians.

I believe this is a deflection from the true culprits....the Chinese. We shall see what "evidence" gets released in the coming months to support this theory. This is all part and parcel with the disruption of the elections...part of a covert, multi-pronged attack, if you will.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Definitely something to keep an eye on. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I know about SolarWinds and used to use some of their products at a different employer. This is disturbing news if true.

+43 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Probably one of the most important connections is Dominion Voting Systems, they use SolarWinds.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think we have been way more lax on our security than we ever should have been. I think our infrastructure is susceptible to a lot more than day to day folks even consider. This is definitely something to keep an eye on. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Yes, they do....

After an initial dormant period of up to two weeks, it retrieves and executes commands, called “Jobs”, that include the ability to transfer files, execute files, profile the system, reboot the machine, and disable system services.

Which initially made me suspicious that Dominion officers might try to claim that the "hackers" are the ones who were flipping votes or moving data packets to China, Iran, and elsewhere.....

+30 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
And then there's this nugget....

REVEALE D: SolarWinds Director Sold $45.7 MILLION in Stock Options Last Week Before CISA Announcement Sunday

Don't forget that Trump fired CISA Director Krebs for his comments on election integrity. This is ALL connected.....

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
I believe this is a deflection from the true culprits....the Chinese.

It's Dread Pirate Roberts you fool.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Last I checked, Ross Ulbrecht is still in prison.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This article does a good job of explaining the SolarWinds Breach in terms that non-IT people can understand....

SolarWinds Breach

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Investigating SolarWinds and M.Tech

Don't forget that there was also an intrusion at FireEye

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
There isn’t any type of chance this type of thing could weaken significantly or say maybe even take the US power grid, down could it?

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

The second group is the U.S. intelligence community. This attack started in March with the first exploitation starting in April. Either they didn’t know about it—a failure in the “defend forward” philosophy—or they did know about it, in which case they also failed to defend-forward. There are going to be tough questions that the intelligence community will need to answer internally.

What.....the.....actual...............

"tough questions" doesn't even begin to describe what needs to happen, particularly given the "or they did know about it" bizzo.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Could this bring it all down? The declassification that is being whispered about?

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Everything with Trump seems anchored by Russia. Trump fires Krebs then we get hacked...by Russia, according to most reputable sources.

Yet OP implies a head fake to China, with no evidence?

And conveniently, the latest MAGA talking point is to blame China, link China to Biden, Biden to China and label all Dems and conservative Biden supporters as "communists".

It would be funny if it wasn't such a threat to national security.

I'd like to hear Krebs' take on the hack.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
There isn’t any type of chance this type of thing could weaken significantly or say maybe even take the US power grid, down could it?

If any of our power plants or grids are still connected to the 'net, people's heads need to roll.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The company the penetration and audit tools were stolen from, FireEye, identified the Russians and specifically the Cozy Bear group as the "state actors" involved in their data heist.

My guess is that because of the vintage of the SolarWinds attack, that FireEye was hacked by using the SolarWinds - Orion backdoor. Then the time-frames square-up.

edit on 14/12/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
SW is a monitoring and management tool that has plugins which hit just about every IT stack out there.
Hell you can even get legacy TDM driven Telecom infrastructure reporting through SW.

The part about this that should be scary is the attack vector used coupled with the scale and scope of it.
Over my career I have literally worked in just about vertical there is from an IT via TelecomCollab perspective. Sales, CRM, Healthcare , Defense (classified and unclassified) and recently Entertainment. Each of those verticals leveraged SW in some capacity.

As for the condemnation of the Intel community, it's hard for me to support that currently without knowing all the facts.
Hopefully it doesn't get politicized because a DLL doesn't care if you are right or left leaning ..it's just signed and ready to do what someone told it do at a given time or after a specific set of variables play out. Stll I have to imagine , If they arent already up there, Im sure the YouTube videos will soon start with the complex theories about how the Right did this to expose the Left or the Left did this to expose the Right meanwhile the foreign actors that really dropped in with this get all the lulz.
edit on 14-12-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
a reply to: nerbot

Last I checked, Ross Ulbrecht is still in prison.

Which means "he" is still out there perhaps?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join