It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is YouTube down for you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Trying to watch some youtube...and I get a 503 error?? Anyone else? And now ats tells me that my opening post is too short...

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: edaced4

There's currently an all-platform outage for Google.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
No , but youtube did away with the download button. At least on windows 10 I don't see it anymore.
Also google gives 15gb free of storage, but now with all the apps sync into google, 15 gb is going fast. So we will end up having to by a month subscription for more gb. The world is turning upside down too fast.

I'll check you tube now.

also some new apps that are being downloaded will interfere with your phone, have to reset it for once you are away from wifi out in the open.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Yeah same 503 error

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   
What the f##k are they up to now? There's always something with these people. It's tiring.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
google is down overseas also now , just found out

the hackers are going full blast now, what's next.... facebook, what's app and possibly twitter. Also beware if LinkedIn goes down also

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   

it was down for about 15 minutes but now its working.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
www.google.com...

Ok, I think it is making everyone that signs in or goes to google to do again

working now

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It's working for me right now.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
It's working for me right now.

yep its back and running

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

It's down in San Francisco. I wonder if this is the blackout we were warned was coming.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
It was down across all of Canada for about a half hour. Back up for the past ten minutes or so. People were commenting on down detector within seconds. A little disconcerting.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

thousands of comments in all imaginable languages on twitter about these 20 minutes without youtube. you can see how connected we all are and how similar our lives are.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am sure it has absolutely nothing to do with this...

List of 2 million Chinese Communist Party Spies released by Dissident Group- Translated

Chicom Google is scared of something, as is every single compromised person/entity.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am sure it has absolutely nothing to do with this...

List of 2 million Chinese Communist Party Spies released by Dissident Group- Translated

its probably on Box.com by now

Chicom Google is scared of something, as is every single compromised person/entity.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Russian hack.

Millions of people have been unable to access their Google accounts, including GMail and YouTube, after the world's largest search engine crashed. This comes just days after a major breach of US Government agencies by Russian hackers. The outage lasted for more than an hour.

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I don't understand how that is even possible. I know a fair amount about Google as well as how they operate, and I can tell you Google is not just one thing, in just one place. I've been inside some of their datacenters and their infrastructure is so massive it would actually cause most people's brains to just melt!! Just staggering!

It's not like they have one central point, or one OS to reboot, their resiliency, diversification and fail-over protection is almost indescribable. For anyone who is familiar with Uptime Institute ratings, the highest tier rating you can get is Tier IV. That's as high as the scale goes. Google is like Tier X!! Wrap your head around that for a second!

There is no possible way Google could ever "go down"...not unless Google wanted it to go down, and even then I don't think even they could do it...not all at once anyway.

That's REALLY strange!!!!

ETA - They do things which don't even make sense! Layers of redundancy that are like 10 levels deep. Backup power and cooling capabilities, backing up the backups which are backups for the backups. It's just crazy! What you see when you touch anything Google is like 100+ layers from the core, every one of them fully functional and 100% real time. There's just no way anyone could get close to that to compromise it.
edit on 12/14/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Yeah, I'm sure that would prevent it from getting out a couple days ago and also on the link you just posted.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

the highest tier rating you can get is Tier IV. That's as high as the scale goes. Google is like Tier X!! Wrap your head around that for a second!

That rating is so high, it's Space Force material!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join