It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Owner [Was: ATS WILL CONTINUE TO LIVE]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Sure there are some out there, but you won't find many of them that go very long before they're closed and/or disappear. And yes, I'm fully expecting more of them to show up in a day or two, a week tops.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Lol, all from 2003. I see what you did there.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It is fun to read old threads like that to see what people got away with in the old days. Saw several actionable posts, but 18 years kinda gives them a pass. History, like the graffiti in the Great Pyramid.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

And just this forum too. There are other forums I could uncover threads in that are still valid and publicly viewable but long abandoned.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Sure, there have always been thread closures, but most of those are still viewable albeit possibly with offending posts removed.
Nowadays they aren't just closed they are scrapped so that no-one can view what was being discussed.

Its a sad day when complaining that ATS has changed is viewed as a serious T&C violation.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

(Double checks all four links) Yep, those threads are still open for commentary. Not sure why you want to comment on an 18 year old thread, but point is that site criticism is nothing new. And has been ongoing since the first restructure. Dig around back there and you will find the first mod list...Two of which are still on staff...others are not. A few have passed on to a different adventure over the years.

But many things cause a thread to be closed and/or removed. There are lots of T&C’s. Lots of T&C violations in this thread. A biggie is trying to manipulate, ply or beguile personal identification of members that elect not to make it public knowledge. Naturally I am speaking of the identity of the new owner(s). Staff hasn’t been told either. And it doesn’t matter what I think or feel about it. It is their right and I respect it by not asking. Just as I don’t ask for your details.

Why haven’t we iron fisted these violations? Because the staff as a whole are not complete #s and understand there is a curiosity (among conspiracy theorists? No way.) about who saved the site. So long as it doesn’t become a rehash of a rehash of a rehash that is counter to the ideals of the site or disruptive to the community as a whole it can slide. Sound familiar? See number 24.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I think I know who the member is that bought ATS. Their secret is safe with me.

Thanks buddy.
We knew we could count on you.

Sent you the case of cold salmon-beer agreed upon.
Might not be too cold on arrival though.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Have the new site owner(s) introduced themselves yet and put a thread up somewhere we can read.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Have the new site owner(s) introduced themselves yet and put a thread up somewhere we can read.

We will learn much more in the next few days after March 23, 2021 according to this:

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
I'm pleased to let everyone know that signatures have been executed. Over the next few days, as the transition of ownership plays out, you will learn much more.

But...

In the end...

There is no end for ATS. Carry on.

But if you read other recent posts besides Ahabstar's, you would realize that never happened.
Apparently it may never happen, but the owners are entitled to anonymity if they want it.
The site has continued on more or less as it was before the change of ownership, and it didn't end, so that's the important thing.
There was even one improvement I noticed with the new owners, the switch from http to https.

edit on 2021915 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Whilst it would be nice to know who is now running ats. You are correct. Peeps are allowed privacy should they wish. It would be nice at some point. If ATS is to change to know what might be happening. Time will tell..

Thank you and happy days :-)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

No. And what Arbitrageur said. Only it has been mentioned that they have not publicly identified themselves.

As for Bill and Mark, they identified themselves. Mark has been on Coast 2 Coast many, many times over the years and usually does the whole show or at least way more than typical guests. Bill wrote a children’s book. Most people don’t know either bits of trivia but it is public information.

Do the new owner(s) have any such bits of trivia? Does it really matter other than personal curiosity? And honestly, I don’t know if it is singular or plural. Nothing rule-wise nor enforcement-wise has changed. Staff will continue doing things as we have until told differently. And everyone seems okay with that arrangement. Will there be changes? I’m sure there will be. Seems logical. But doesn’t mean there will be anything more than tweaks here and there. Of course for all I know a 100% built from scratch site is being worked on in secret...which would be cool too.

And if a new site was in the works, I would say anything until staff started beta testing. And then maybe just some screenshots.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Secret is safe with me, but just one thing...

I'll need 40 pounds of ribs, and a gallon of sauce. From Adam's Ribs, near the Dearborn Street Station, Chicago.

ETA:

Damn, I forgot to order coleslaw..

edit on 9-15-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Hawkeye?

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Maybe in spirit.

Rivers of liver are gross compared to succulent ribs.

edit on 9-15-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Well yer a hungry little alien, rn't-cha ?

We cater more to thirst, than hunger.

Perhaps some blenderized slaw-of-Cole, that can be drunk through a straw, may interest you ?

We call it : ColeStraw™.

It blends marvelously, with a chilled potato mash.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 05:08 AM
link   
To those that think it's not a big deal coming clean about the owner, consider this:

This is a conspiracy website and some nutjobs on reddit and elsewhere already have little sections about single members here. Wild stuff.

If I was the owner, I would not come clean about it because there is at least going to be 2-3 nutjobs trying to take my life apart in search of any hint for being a paid government shill. It might have been different for the original owners because the site grew, but now it's big and got the attention.

No thanks! From this viewpoint, it's very understandable.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

And if a new site was in the works, I would say anything until staff started beta testing. And then maybe just some screenshots.

If there is a new site.. lets hope they ave foward thinking enough to run it through blockchain..

happy days

:-))))

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I read all the replies since my reply from a few days ago. Yes, I agree that the new owners are under no obligation to reveal who they are. It would be nice though. I guess I’m just a little disappointed after the reply from SO stating there would be more information. That was in March.

I find it kind of ridiculous that the owners want to keep themselves a big secret. Most legitimate companies are pretty forthcoming on who their owners are. To me, it would be respectful for the new owners to reveal themselves. Just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I'm curious if they are ever gonna fix the dang page time outs and stalls on mobile.

It use to be an occasional annoyance but bow it's gotten so damn bad I don't usually try to view ATS on mobile anymore.

There are some things that the new owners need to address w the site. Regardless of who it is

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I find it curious that the new owners wouldn't be proud to be the head honchos of ATS and announce who they are.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join