It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania Secretary of State usurped the authority of the Pennsylvania General Assembly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well here's an interesting turn of events. It looks as though Pennsylvania Republicans agree with the Texas lawsuit stating the rules were unlawfully changed for the election. The thread title was taken directly from page two of the SCOTUS docket that can be found here:

State of Texas vs Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

"Amici further assert that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, aided by the
Pennsylvania Secretary of State, usurped the authority of the Pennsylvania
General Assembly when ignoring or rewriting Pennsylvania’s duly enacted election
regulations. Therefore, this Court should affirm the grant of authority to state
legislatures under the U.S. Constitution’s Elections Clause and disclaim state
supreme courts and executive branch officials, from usurping that authority for
themselves. Amici Curiae request that their motion to file the attached amicus brief
be granted."

edit on 10-12-2020 by ratcals because: Change Commonwealth of PA to PA Republicans

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ratcals

Those are specific legislators in Pennsylvania making that allegation, read the whole filing.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Not sure how op got that from the fillings?

Sounds like someone on the gop is just adding more big words and claim that the pennsylvania supreme court and elected officials when against the constitution.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Those are specific legislators in Pennsylvania making that allegation, read the whole filing.

Yeah, my bad. I didn't mean the whole commonwealth, but it still doesn't bode well for PA in the Texas lawsuit.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OldBlueEyes
Not sure how op got that from the fillings?

By not reading the entire first page:

MOTION FOR LEAVE TO FILE BRIEF OF AMICI CURIAE AND BRIEF ON BEHALF OF CERTAIN SELECT PENNSYLVANIA STATE SENATORS AS AMICI CURIAE IN SUPPORT OF NO PARTY.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ratcals
Yeah, my bad. I didn't mean the whole commonwealth, but it still doesn't bode well for PA in the Texas lawsuit.

Why? It's just an amicus brief.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OldBlueEyes

You certainly didn't expect any democrats to jump on board with this now did you?

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Very true. There are a few states where officials ignored state laws this election.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ratcals

You certainly didn't expect any democrats to jump on board with this now did you?

I just pointed out that what you claim in the op is not what the filling say, that is all.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I wondered what the PA legislators thought of PA's response.

Interesting stuff!

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Sounds like someone on the gop is just adding more big words and claim that the pennsylvania supreme court and elected officials when against the constitution.

I think they are claiming it because that is what happened in real life, here in Pennsylvania.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Republicans control the state legislature. I don't believe any of the remaining legislators would be able to waive the rights/authority of the legislative body even if they disagree.

edit on 12/10/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It clearly says 'select' because it's not the entire legal body.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Right. But that doesn't address what I wrote. The remaining legislators can't just waive the rights and authority of the entire legislative body.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is shaping up to be a lot of 'controversy' between the states and now within the state of PA. I'm no longer so certain SCOTUS will just dismiss.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I really don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Very true. There are a few states where officials ignored state laws this election.

Which ones in particular?

I do know Abbott in Texas interferred with the Early Voting Deadlines ... who else?
edit on 10-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Pennsylvania for one.

Elements inside the state of Pennsylvania are taking the side of Texas against Pennsylvania, at the Supreme Court.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Well maybe I don't know what you are talking about by highlighting the word 'select.'

I am assuming you are giving a nod to those legislators not included?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join