It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new "Book burning" of our country.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   
We, make no mistake are in a soft state of civil war.

It's not fought as it once was. Violence, doesn't make sense. Information and the ability to push narratives and ideas means everything.

This is the state of our media, pay close attention because very soon, you will not be allowed to have an opinion.

youtu.be...

edit on 10-12-2020 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
“You don’t gotta burn the books, just remove ‘em”

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

Very true. You can just simply say..... They never existed and that's my point.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Books are like waaaay more than 120 characters. Who'd read those things when they can get everything they need to know from Facebork or TwitIdentifier?

It's like, Idiocracy only... more idioter.

LOL.

edit on 10/12/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

People sometimes...... Have funny ideas. We are witnessing that first hand.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

To be honest...

At this point in American history, you don't have to burn the books because nobody reads books anymore.

And a hat tip to the Department of Education, there are a lot of Americans now that are not functionally literate.

Mission accomplished?

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

To be honest...

At this point in American history, you don't have to burn the books because nobody reads books anymore.

And a hat tip to the Department of Education, there are a lot of Americans now that are not functionally literate.

Mission accomplished?

Well I just bought 5 last night so ner ner nun nerner.

No wait that was on kindle 😐

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   

edit on 12.10.2020 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
YouTube political censorship is the The Digital Version of Book Burning.

-MM

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Nazis
dEmocrats

Birds of a feather

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

To be honest...

Mission accomplished?

I disagree. There are plenty of well-educated liberals, especially in educational arenas, that cannot/won’t think for themselves. It’s odd and seems deliberate. Conservatives or anyone else can be this way too of course. Liberals just seem to know it all, and better than everyone for being so beneficent and open-minded...

I consider myself to be a Classical Liberal btw

Also. It’s not just being well-read anymore. Anyone can have a kindle. The OP I believe is speaking to reading between the lines and peaking behind the curtain. Something I think we all strive for in our own way on ATS

Something about them’s that’s controlling the past controls the future, or something; it’s the narrative, the SO.....

When 95% of all media outlets are owned by the same peeps the world over, info, real true investigative journalism INFO, gets the shaft. As do we all

I mean didn’t YT just launch a huge cease and desist,
I mean, demonitize, I mean censorship campaign?

For our own good of course
edit on 10-12-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Just curious how many here have signed up for Bitchute and other competing platforms.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Just curious how many here have signed up for Bitchute and other competing platforms.
Do I get to argue and banter playfully there like here? Am I suppose to be on Parler too? Do you have a problem with duck duck go?

I’m guessing you think most here visit stormfront if not Breitbart daily? Lol. I use to read HuffPo. Like a lot. Vox, Slate, Daily Beast? Ate that sh!zz up! Voted for Obama. Twice. Trump never. Was super please HRC lost.

I was young. Didn’t know about Hegelian Dialectic. Or how the houses of Masons are a chessboard. For a reason. I love this site. It’s the wild-west. I miss the skull-and-bones political conspiracies. And Bohemian Grove....

We’ve graduated to the big leagues. CTs - so hot right now

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Yes, they are deleting any video that talks about 2020 election fraud, or any video that claims that Biden won't be the next POTUS.
They told us they're doing it, and sure enough my YT feed completely changed a few hours later.

They're doubling down on the MSM narrative and banning facts they don't like.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

Yes, they are deleting any video that talks about 2020 election fraud, or any video that claims that Biden won't be the next POTUS.
They told us they're doing it, and sure enough my YT feed completely changed a few hours later.

Ya, it's almost like Youtube owns Youtube or something.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   

There are plenty of well-educated liberals,

There are not many Diogenes willing to take up that eternal search.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

This couldn’t have anything to do with the vote not to name Joe Biden president-elect 46, could it?

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Ya, it's almost like Youtube owns Youtube or something.
So you’re cool with obvious shutdown of viewpoints if they don’t align with YT or MSM?

Or Yours?

Must be cool to suck and not know it

Edit: Maybe one of these days I’ll lovingly disparage Free Speech and Free Thought like you and those that operate on your level

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

My post seems to have gone over your head.

Whatever places you may have gone to is fine. My point is if you don't like a platform go to a competing one that doesn't censor you. The best way to show dislike of youtube policy is to sign up with their competitor. Bitchute is one I know about and I am sure there are others that can replace Facebook and Twitter. I don't have an account on Twitter or Facebook so I haven't even looked into their competition.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

My post seems to have gone over your head.

Whatever places you may have gone to is fine. My point is if you don't like a platform go to a competing one that doesn't censor you. The best way to show dislike of youtube policy is to sign up with their competitor. Bitchute is one I know about and I am sure there are others that can replace Facebook and Twitter. I don't have an account on Twitter or Facebook so I haven't even looked into their competition.
Oh helll nah! I got your cute Bitchute comment. And MY comment is WAY over your head clearly.

There is an adamant and disturbing will to shut down Free Speech on the internet. Yes or no? Save your “it’s their company and they can do what they want crap for the mental midgets around here that eat this insipid BS up.

You’re dishonest. Truth is truth. YT can suck it

Edit: BTW. The best way to tell Google, YT, FB, or most anywhere else that doesn’t include being shutdown on a whim, is right here on ATS where it matters. I appreciate your ability to disagree. We can do that HERE. In fact it’s paramount. I don’t mean to denigrate ya amigo, but the fact you wanna grab your pony and armor for Big Tech is beyond me. Honestly

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join