It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's court losses near 50. Can we all agree that it's over and Biden is our President?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Source: www.politico.com...

Judge after judge has thrown out and denied lawsuits by Trump and his allies, as they near fifty total losses:

President Donald Trump and his legal allies earned a platinum sombrero Friday, striking out five times in a matter of hours in states pivotal to the president’s push to overturn the election results — and losing a sixth in Minnesota for good measure. . . . Several of the most devastating opinions, both Friday and in recent weeks, have come from conservative judges and, in some federal cases, Trump appointees.

Their opinions do not hold back and are scathing rebukes of Trump's and his allies' attempts to overthrow the election results:

“The relief being sought by the petitioners is the most dramatic invocation of judicial power I have ever seen,” said Brian Hagedorn, a conservative elected justice, in a concurring opinion. “Judicial acquiescence to such entreaties built on so flimsy a foundation would do indelible damage to every future election. Once the door is opened to judicial invalidation of presidential election results, it will be awfully hard to close that door again. This is a dangerous path we are being asked to tread.”

A Nevada judge issued a point-by-point rejection of every claim lodged by the Trump team, emphasizing that the facts they presented were sparse and unpersuasive. Carson City District Judge James Russell’s opinion repeatedly emphasized their case would not have succeeded “under any standard of proof.”

“There is no credible or reliable evidence that the 2020 General Election in Nevada was affected by fraud,” Russell wrote.

So what have all of these lawsuits and losses shown us? Rarely has trump even alleged fraud. When he has, he puts forth no where near the thousands of affidavits that he claims or have, or the purported piles of other obvious evidence in his possession. What little evidence he does put forth has either been inadmissible, non-credible, or not indicative of anything fraudulent.

So where does this leave us? Trump has shown us time and time again that he cannot win in court. No judge has been willing to indulge his crazy claims, and there is no evidence that any judge will. Trump's evidence has been rejected out of hand when it is presented, and so he is resorting to putting it forward in forums where he alone controls the narrative and rules of admissibility. The writing is on the wall, and it's as clear as day: His challenges have failed and will never succeed. After an unprecedented 50 losses to election challenges, can we all agree that it's over and that Biden is our president.

If you don't agree, please explain why and what path forward Trump possibly has.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I thought that the trump team only filed 3 law suits?

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnylaw16

www.youtube.com...

Play your game.
Second Line.
edit on 5-12-2020 by Wildmanimal because: Add line

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Technically. Not until inauguration day. It is what it is. January 2021 is when it is final. Just live your life and not worry about it.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

First sentence of post says “Trump and his allies.” Besides, just because Trump isn’t a named party does not mean that he is not involved in the case.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnnylaw16

First sentence of post says “Trump and his allies.” Besides, just because Trump isn’t a named party does not mean that he is not involved in the case.

Yeah yeah.

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Everything I have been witnessing in Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania tell me otherwise.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   

A full display of distorted and inaccurate perceptions of reality...

I've been around people with NPD long enough to know why Trump acts the way he does...The people supporting him at this stage though...

Peace

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Yeah yeah what? I’m curious seriously? Come correct.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnnylaw16
Source: www.politico.com...

Judge after judge has thrown out and denied lawsuits by Trump and his allies, as they near fifty total losses:

President Donald Trump and his legal allies earned a platinum sombrero Friday, striking out five times in a matter of hours in states pivotal to the president’s push to overturn the election results — and losing a sixth in Minnesota for good measure. . . . Several of the most devastating opinions, both Friday and in recent weeks, have come from conservative judges and, in some federal cases, Trump appointees.

Their opinions do not hold back and are scathing rebukes of Trump's and his allies' attempts to overthrow the election results:

“The relief being sought by the petitioners is the most dramatic invocation of judicial power I have ever seen,” said Brian Hagedorn, a conservative elected justice, in a concurring opinion. “Judicial acquiescence to such entreaties built on so flimsy a foundation would do indelible damage to every future election. Once the door is opened to judicial invalidation of presidential election results, it will be awfully hard to close that door again. This is a dangerous path we are being asked to tread.”

A Nevada judge issued a point-by-point rejection of every claim lodged by the Trump team, emphasizing that the facts they presented were sparse and unpersuasive. Carson City District Judge James Russell’s opinion repeatedly emphasized their case would not have succeeded “under any standard of proof.”

“There is no credible or reliable evidence that the 2020 General Election in Nevada was affected by fraud,” Russell wrote.

So what have all of these lawsuits and losses shown us? Rarely has trump even alleged fraud. When he has, he puts forth no where near the thousands of affidavits that he claims or have, or the purported piles of other obvious evidence in his possession. What little evidence he does put forth has either been inadmissible, non-credible, or not indicative of anything fraudulent.

So where does this leave us? Trump has shown us time and time again that he cannot win in court. No judge has been willing to indulge his crazy claims, and there is no evidence that any judge will. Trump's evidence has been rejected out of hand when it is presented, and so he is resorting to putting it forward in forums where he alone controls the narrative and rules of admissibility. The writing is on the wall, and it's as clear as day: His challenges have failed and will never succeed. After an unprecedented 50 losses to election challenges, can we all agree that it's over and that Biden is our president.

If you don't agree, please explain why and what path forward Trump possibly has.

I think it's hilarious that him conceding is so important, as obnoxious as it may seem to everybody's delicate sensitivities, he is perfectly within his right to proceed. Will he win? does he have a path? likely not, but he isn't quitting so you might as well get used to it. While half the country is shocked and appalled, the other half is going what is it gonna hurt. What is it like 50 more days, besides it gives Joey Green Jobs a nice big fat excuse, once his weak ass leadership skills take hold along with his potentially crippling policies? They say patience is a virtue for a reason. In 50 days it will be all about Biden, as I've always been about our Presidents once they are in office I'll want him to do well for the country the whole country. I just believe in the best of times Biden would struggle in these challenging times he will likely be overwhelmed fairly soon.

PS When you request people to respond within certain guidelines it seems like you are doing a class assignment, nothing wrong with that it just seems you need guided responses. Throw in you haven't been on ATS that long and only post on political issues... just saying, so I apologize as I know this doesn't fit your criteria.

ballotpedia.org...:_Tracking_election_disputes,_lawsuits,_and_recounts

Last updated: 12:00 p.m. Eastern, December 4, 2020.

To date, we have tracked the following:

64 lawsuits, in nine states and the District of Columbia, have been filed (22 have concluded).
Of these, 20 lawsuits, in six states and the District of Columbia, directly involve either the Democratic or Republican presidential campaigns (nine have concluded).
Two presidential recounts (in Georgia and Wisconsin) have been initiated. Wisconsin's recount has concluded, with no change in the outcome.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS

How many law suits have the Trump team filed?

Edit to add, I won't be able to respond to you I'm going to be offline for 24 hours but I want to know. How many exactly filed by Trumps team and how does it compare to the title of this thread? I'd like to know.
edit on 5-12-2020 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Within what time frame?

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Within what time frame?

You don't know.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Do you?

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Do you?

Thank you for answering the question. I'm not going to re-read the thread for you.

Thanks for playing.

link   
If the rigged election goes unprocessed as it seems to be, then you all lose.

link   

How many law suits have the Trump team filed?

Edit to add, I won't be able to respond to you I'm going to be offline for 24 hours but I want to know. How many exactly filed by Trumps team and how does it compare to the title of this thread? I'd like to know.

Ballotpedia shows only 2 thought there was one in Georgia but it's not there yet, all the rest are other litigation I believe.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I’m not playing though. What are you trying to get from this?

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnylaw16 in about a week or so when the EC does it’s job. Yeah

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Trump is done, every rejected case is another egg on his face. He never stood a chance and anyone with a logical brain knows this.

You'll get many challenges but i doubt many will be of substance.

As long as he holds up the transition process he is making America look weak and foolish on the world stage. His friends in Russia and China will be loving this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join