It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: The Aftermath

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
SO....... This is what happened

This whole event was Legendary!!

Keep in mind Roy Jones shouldn't be in the ring with Tyson.... Lots of clenching, but obviously...

IF you watch the Holyfield Fight, that is exactly what pissed Mike off... which led him to eat his face...er.... ear

Mr. Tyson kept his Calm... Yet you could just see the predator in his eyes... Dude barely broke a sweat

Afterwards... ... ....

Love me some Roy Jones... the man is one of the best fighters of all time!! And i feel so bad for him right now... lol

He looked like he was about to cry at the end, Or just pass out...

Mike even said "but you took it"... as Roy smiled, and almost puked...LOL!!

Only sad thing (other then the recovery time.. Poor Roy) Is that Tyson doesn't want to Fight in the big leagues anymore... He wants to do it for charity... which is awesome... but!!

WHO the hell is going to fight him?

Give that guy a few Fights, and He'd be looking for the title... And i'd put my money on Mike Tyson Vs Tyson Fury

Tyson VS Tyson

Someone start a petition... Tyson Must come back!!

Pray to the Boxing Gads that summoned the Iron one back to the Ring!

Please come back Mike!!

My Favorite event of 2020!!

edit on 29-11-2020 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Tyson is what 56?!? Baddest 56 yr old I've seen he actually looked great for that age. But let's be real, nobody pushing 60 is gonna beat a 28-30 yr old world champion.

When asked if he wants to fight for a belt his reply was awesome lol something along the lines of "No we are fighting for something better, now it's bigger than that" It did seem to light a competitive fire but Tyson vs Fury? I don't think a commission would sanction that fight.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

Forman was 45... and.. They asked George IF he would have ever fought Tyson...

George said "No Way"

Tyson is 54 btw

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Mike Tyson still looks like a boxer. At 56? Amazing.

I cannot imagine anyone in his age group (or younger for that matter) wanting to get in the ring with him.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

Just so you know...

Tyson Fury sh!t his pants tonight

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Mike looked awesome.

Shame Roy came to not get hit, whereas Tyson came to fight. I know that's their styles n all, but Jones was capable of winning that if he wanted just by throwing more. Glad he didn't though.

Ref should have been breaking them up earlier.

Mike should stick to the charity stuff though, even if he is capable of a title run. I wouldn't want him punch drunk for the rest of his life.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Clinches waste time.. in two minute rounds...

Set up to save Roy from getting hurt...

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Roy was looking in pretty good shape for his age,but Mike still has a physique which many 20 year old guys would like to attain.
Roy moved like an older guy,but the constant holding on to Tyson was making me nervous that the old Mike would show his face(or teeth).

Big respect to Mike for keeping his beast under control,and still putting together a few explosive combos and great footwork.
He was keeping it together-because it was only an exhibition-but just the act of keeping it together shows he has grown as a man.

He was never really one for "keeping it together" back in his prime

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Goosebumps man.
Damn that was amazing.

“I went to plan B, and hit him back”

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Tyson’s only real defining fight was defeating an ageing Larry Holmes
Not taking anything away from Tyson, his record justifies how powerful his punch was but mixing it up with a boxer as opposed to a brawler, I think Tyson may well have fallen short in boxing skill.
Tyson was a champion, truly a powerhouse and great to watch but lacked that pure “boxers skill”, defeat Foreman?

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Yeah....

Forman was afraid of Tyson

Would be wild IF both were in tbeir prime

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Yeah....

Yeah but Foreman was afraid of Tyson when Foreman was older, but Foreman in his prime, doubt it. Boxer vs heavy hitting brawler, be very interesting
Foreman would have nullified Tyson, Foreman had a big reach, big push and kept opponents away
But Tyson, just one or two got through, hmmm
Would be Wild IF...

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I enjoyed every fight even the funny paul vs robinson second round tko. Layed his ass out cold. Both “boxers” running around the ring like chickenheads. Smh

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

After the fight was over Georges Laraque former NHL fourth line enforcer took too the twatter to congratulate Tyson. But as well say that his agent has been in contact he’d like too fight.

Georrges is I think in late 30’s early 40’s now might bring a little more spunk than Roy. That said if the match happens I’ll pray Tyson goes easy on him.

Twatter Link

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Yeah....

Yeah but Foreman was afraid of Tyson when Foreman was older, but Foreman in his prime, doubt it. Boxer vs heavy hitting brawler, be very interesting
Foreman would have nullified Tyson, Foreman had a big reach, big push and kept opponents away
But Tyson, just one or two got through, hmmm
Would be Wild IF...

Both in their prime...

Tyson rules

Inside game

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I know nothing about boxing, but the way tyson was moving and hitting. Pushing at roy while dodging... You can see why mike was the best when he was in his prime.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
the 16 minute fight spent almost 10 minutes holding each other roy just wasting time and they call it a draw I call it a waste of time.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

a reply to: FinallyAwake

Clinches waste time.. in two minute rounds...

Set up to save Roy from getting hurt...

True, and the small ring to help Tyson.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It was great to see the respect each gave.

To preface what I’m about to say - I think Mike in his prime 1984-1988 was the greatest boxer of all time , bar none. If you could bring anyone from their prime ( Ali included) my money would be on Mike. His peek-a-boo style which combined with his Uber-athleticism and his defense ( which he prided himself in under D’Amato) was too much. You just could not run from him long enough to wear him down because he was in top shape, and if you engaged him he was too quick and tooooo powerful.

With that said- I think Mike may have had some pharmaceutical help to get in such good shape currently. I don’t know how stringent or if there were any drug testing before this fight - which was officially a “heavy sparring” session and not a official sanctioned fight.

It will be interesting to see if Mike tries to get an actual sanctioned fight with a active pro. Should be interesting.
edit on 29-11-2020 by Paddyofurniture because: Yup

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Paddyofurniture

I heard he had some sort of stem cells therapy not to long ago.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join