It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Suspends OANN ... Demonetizes Channel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Full Title: YouTube Suspends Pro-Trump News Network OANN, Completely Demonetizes Channel Over Unlisted Video

YouTube has suspended the One America News Network from posting new content for one week and has completely demonetized the channel, after the pro-Trump news network reportedly uploaded a video touting a non-approved 'cure' for COVID-19.

According to Axios, "YouTube has been criticized for allowing OANN to spread misinformation using its platform, particularly around coronavirus and the election," adding "This marks the Google-owned service's first crackdown against OANN."

According to the Epoch Times, citing OANN President Charles Herring, "YouTube took the extreme action of censoring a national cable news network for a video t

YouTube Suspends OANN ... Demonetizes Channel

One side -vs- the other.

I hope I never hear any media declare censorship an offense again in my lifetime.

Looks to me like the ones who need protection from censorship the most ... are the greatest perpetrators of censorship these days.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yay for censorship!

Just another part of the Constitution our anti-Constitutional party will try to amend to benefit them.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The liability of content on YouTube falls at the owners feet, sometimes its about keeping yourself covered.

There's other platforms.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It's absolutely unreal how these viewer content provided sites are blatantly blocking political view points they disagree with.

Is youtube a news source? or is it for users to provide content?

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

OBEY!

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Anyone know what their "cure" is? Did they include any clinical medical studies to back up their claims? Did they literally claim it would "cure" Covid or that it would alleviate symptoms/complications?

I'm all about educating the people and empowering individuals to take care of themselves, including and especially natural and alternative remedies. No one's life and limb should be restricted to what someone else "approves" of... we do have a natural inalienable right to provide our own healthcare from the bounty of the earth as we see fit.

But if they're just spouting nonsense and pushing a questionable product that puts life and limb at risk, that's a different matter, and should be denied a platform.

So what is their "cure"? And what clinical studies are there to confirm or deny their claims?

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
totally normal behavior from a non biased source, nothing to see here move along peasants...

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Be patient Snarl, the "Ministry of Truth" will be completed under the Harris administration.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well done OANN, knew you had it in ya.

With the standards big tech are applying to censorship, if you have not been censored you are not trying hard enough.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Be patient Snarl, the "Ministry of Truth" will be completed under the Harris administration.

And in return, we just wont support anything with a rainbow or BLM sticker or anyplace where we think the left works.

We can make it hard for them too. But on a personal level.

It's not just YouTube, it's their whole side.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Another day in PurgeTube. Pathetic what they do and shows just what they are .

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
It doesn't look like we're given the option to either find out or decide for ourselves.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
epoch times and oan are propaganda rags for the sheep, just like salon and huffpo.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I always get a kick watching right wingers bemoan the lack of private companies being regulated.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
a reply to: Boadicea
It doesn't look like we're given the option to either find out or decide for ourselves.

Yup! That's exactly what it looks like. The end result is the same.

And that's my biggest problem with this!

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
epoch times and oan are propaganda rags for the sheep, just like salon and huffpo.

I somewhat agree, but still... You don't see Youtube using the same tactics with those channels.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I always get a kick watching right wingers bemoan the lack of private companies being regulated.

Even when they BLATANTLY break section 230 again and again. Youtube was not liable for the video UNLESS they are a PUBLISHER. This was personal bias from Googles owner,and youtube.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I consider OANN a conservative truth news site. See, conservatives like properly applied truth, not twisted lies which include a little truth.

It is not pro-Trump, I have seen it attack some of the stupid stuff he did, Trump is in no way conservative. It does choose to attack the party that is doing the most spreading of BS, and now that is the Democrats. In four years it may be the Republicans for all we know, they might be forced to parrot twisted deceptions to survive.

Take the lies out of politics, if a politician twists things or lies disqualify him/her from running. It will save America a lot of money when we do not have to pay salaries to politicians and their aids anymore. The best deceivers get elected most times in America, especially for president. Telling people what they want to hear is lying in my book, telling them the truth has become known as rude or racist or sexist these days.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If Bidet gets in the WH there's going to be a lot more censorship of this kind. Everything conservative will be destroyed.

Everything.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The MSM Ministry of Propaganda is tightening the noose...welcome to life behind the Digital Curtain. I am sure they will soon be touting the China News Agency as the most trusted site.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join