It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Police Allegations...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Oops, wrong 'Police'.

Sting 'categorically denies' statutory rape allegation from 1979

Sting is being accused of sexually assaulting a minor more than four decades ago, a new lawsuit shows. Through his attorney, he “categorically denies” the allegation.

The civil lawsuit, filed Wednesday in Arizona federal court and obtained by Yahoo Entertainment, alleges that the British singer (real name: Gordon Sumner) committed statutory rape by having sex with a 15-year-old “Jane Doe” after meeting at a Police concert in Scottsdale on May 14, 1979. He was 27 at the time. Sting, as well as his The Police bandmates and the group’s tour bookers, are being sued.

Well, that explains the song: "Don't stand so close to me"

But what's going on with this Social Issue of women (I think it's only women) coming forward with allegations of misconduct decades later, when the Statute of Limitations is already past? If there's no lawsuit (which is another thing late) then all they would accomplish is screwing with someone's reputation. Rich people don't care - most can just hide out. Famous people have a problem, but it's still only Hearsay. People who can't afford to Sue for Slander are getting the shaft.

So why do you think this is happening now?

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Possibly because the memory just came back?
I thought that's why the laws have changed so much regarding Statutes of limitations, due to a traumatic experience being buried for many, many years.

It is unfortunate, though, first I've heard of this. It just seems so long - four decades. If the experience was traumatic, without consent, maybe that's why she'd suddenly remember it, triggered, and even bring it up. But if it wasn't .... why bring it up ?

a reply to: CryHavoc

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   

IMO statutue of limitations just helps facilitate criminals, if you can avoid the victim brining a case within the time limit by means of force or intimidation then essentially you are free to commit crime.

Not suggesting Sting is in anyway guilty of these crimes, but I am happy no such law exists in the UK, if it did people like Jimmy Saville, Gary Glitter would have been innocent.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Not suggesting Sting is in anyway guilty of these crimes, but I am happy no such law exists in the UK, if it did people like Jimmy Saville, Gary Glitter would have been innocent.

Sadly, even without such law on the UK statute books those scum still evaded justice for too long.

Johnny Rotten called out out in 1978 and was banned by the BBC for speaking the truth.

The establishment covering up for their own again.

Seems such things never change.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
and what about all the ones who lie hoping for money or just because they are pissed ?
Seams us men are wanting even more punishment's even when we did not do it .

i have no problem with the idea of bring a hammer down on mens sex crimes and WOMANS sex crimes because a women who lies and says a man forced her when he did not is as bad a sex crime as if the man had done it .
untill BOTH crimes get = treatment there is no justice

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   

The name of the woman wasn't revealed. Nobody can check her background and see if she's credible.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   

IMO statutue of limitations just helps facilitate criminals, if you can avoid the victim brining a case within the time limit by means of force or intimidation then essentially you are free to commit crime.

Jimmy Saville was never convicted of anything.
He was tried by the court of public opinion after his death.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Christ...40 years???? How the hell does one prove that? Except that pervy song about the teacher....that was pretty creepy even back in the day.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Sounds like an old lady entering retirement wants a free ride.

Fifteen year old groupie opened herself up to a rock star in the 70s?
No way!

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

My guess, grandma was having a talk with her liberal college kid, told the story about 'meeting' sting, liberal kid draws on the power of their liberal education and busts out the metoo stuff on grandma, grandma's like, 'I can get money because I #ed sting?'

Liberal college kid rants some more,

Grandma stopped listening a while back sees $$$$

Tells liberal college kid, 'ok can you do it for grandma sweety?'

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
here is a current case from the Netherlands which would not have led to prosection if a statute of limitations was in effect, thank god it was not

Nicky Verstappen cold case killing ends in jail after 22 years

A 58-year-old man has been jailed for 12 and a half years in one of the Netherlands' most notorious crimes in recent years.

The killing remained unsolved for 20 years

edit on 20-11-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Another hoax for attention and money.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   

here is a current case from the Netherlands which would not have led to prosection if a statute of limitations was in effect, thank god it was not

In the U.S., there's no Statute of Limitations on Murder.

join