It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas prices starting to JUMP!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I can't confirm everywhere so I will begin this thread here, instead of ATSNN.

(Morehead, Kentucky) Consumers began to feel the crunch today as gas prices as began to soar. Prices in Morehead jumped from $1.94 (regular unleaded), $2.04 (plus) and $2.14 (super) to $2.19 (regular), $2.29 (plus) and $2.39 (super). This jump took place today between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. depending upon the gas station. An approximate jump of 12%.

I am interested to hear if anyone else experienced these jumps today. We have to wonder where this will eventually top out. Could we see $3.00 per gallon by summer???

Has there ever been a $.25 jump in gas prices before? Is this the start of another fuel crisis similar to the one in the 1970's?

[edit on 17-3-2005 by K_OS]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It's happening everywhere...there are a number of ATSNN threads on this...one of which was my first submission...tear
....i'm so proud. haha

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
$2.19 a gallon for cheap stuff here in Louisville Ky. Up $0.14 from yesterday. This is getting old. I filled up my tank 3 hours ago. I drive a Geo Metro so it doesnt hurt me as bad, but Im not used to paying $18 to fill up my little purple shoebox with wheels.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Eh.

Panic when it's worse than '81.

Gas was the equivalent of $3/gallon then.

www.thatliberalmedia.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Or we could be in Europe, where they're already paying the equivalent of $4-5US per gallon.

I don't like paying $2 a gallon, so I console myself with the fact that I don't have to run my car on milk.
And I limit my driving, which is all-around a good idea, no matter the cost of gas.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Maybe it's a seasonal thing. Our gas in New York hasn't changed. Spring is around the corner.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
yep, it's going up and up... and don't expect to go down cause bush has make deals with his corporate buddies... dark days lies ahead

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I wish I could cut down...but I have to drive for about two hours a day just to get to work and back...really sucks. Pretty much $2 a gallon here, only jumped about 6 cents today....(only...:@@

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It's for this reason that i don't wanna go out, take my test, and get my license. I'm glad I still have a good bike at hand...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Gas is outrageous again, I wish they'd hurry up with that trans-Atlantic pipeline.

Too bad the company I work for doesn't account for this inflation in my expenses, I still only get .30/cents a mile when I travel. Luckily, I dont travel as much as I used to.

I filled up today here in Jersey and paid $1.85/gallon, which is a bit lower than across the river in Philadelphia. What I find ironic is that it's illegal to pump your own gas in this state but the gas prices tend to be a bit lower than the surrounding states. I would think it would cost a bit more, to pay the salaries of the employees needed to work the pumps. Maybe it's cheaper here because it's on the coast, less cost to transport. I'm sure it'll be $2/g before long.

Good to see ya K_OS!
Go UofK!

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Not for nothing, butthis increase in prices at the pump has been expected for a little while now, and the drop in some corporate stock prices and teh corresponding drop in stock market volumes is supposed to influence strongly the price of gas (drops resulting in corresponding jumps). A lot of the droping stocks was because of previous over estimates of the profits the companies would've earned til now. So beacuse they overprojected, their stocks drop, the market drops, and gas prices drop, over the course of, i beleive, days.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It should be on a steady increase from here on out. Its the end of the world people cant you see it? It all started when music started to suck!

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Besides, this is the only light sweet crude any of us should be worried 'bout now!

external image

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You got an Oil man in the White House - What did you expect??

HELLO!!!

Gas has gone up a buck a galon since he walked in and it's going to continue to go up. It's good for the Oil People. Thanks to the Iraq thing we don't have reserves any more either- part of the plan???

You don't buy the BS about OPEC do you? C'mon we are the largest Oil consuming nation going, Offer OPEC .50c a barrel take it or leave it. or take the market south (yes, there is oil in Mexico too).

In S. FL it's in the $2.29 range, and climbing.

The problem is People pay the price, If nobody was buying it, it would be cheap.

The thing seems to be not to buy as much of it as you once did.
Instead of going shopping every few days for groceries and things, Go once a week - or if it is on your way home.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The largest increase I have ever seen in gas was 1999, and a gas president wasn't in office. That was when gas was still hanging around $1 a gallon.

In case noone remembers...

edition.cnn.com...

[edit on 17-3-2005 by steggyD]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by steggyD
The largest increase I have ever seen in gas was 1999, and a gas president wasn't in office. That was when gas was still hanging around $1 a gallon.

That $ 0.59 increase was over a period of months. The $0.14 increase in my area happened over nite. That is what the big deal is about. Gas in my area has risen over $0.70 in the past 4 months. A much larger increase than in 1999.

[edit on 3/18/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Originally posted by steggyD

That $ 0.59 increase was over a period of months. The $0.14 increase in my area happened over nite. That is what the big deal is about. Gas in my area has risen over $0.70 in the past 4 months. A much larger increase than in 1999.

[edit on 3/18/05 by Kidfinger]

Unbelievable brilliance, your wisdom and in-depth knowledge of this subject is without measure among your peers, have a safe joy-joy day.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Unbelievable brilliance, your wisdom and in-depth knowledge of this subject is without measure among your peers, have a safe joy-joy day.

Are you making fun of me Doc?

Or does this have to do with the 'end of the black days' here on ATS?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Are you making fun of me Doc?

Or does this have to do with the 'end of the black days' here on ATS?

True to my word I am being supportive of the other members of the forum and for my trouble I already got a warning. Interesting puzzle isn't it?

gas prices are jumping becuase the Arabs are shopping in Europe but paying with Dollars. The dollar is down so the price of oil goes up.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
You guys should take a look at this link ..

Fuel Guage Report

Pick your area and it shows you the changes in gas prices. 1 year ago in NYC, gas was 2.08, now it's 2.36 and higher.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
In the St. Louis area it jumped from $1.97 to $2.14 overnight, but after a couple of days it's back down to $1.99. Pretty rediculous, but I need gas to get to school. I'm hoping I move to a place soon that is closer to everything so I don't have to spend $80-$100 a month on gass

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join