It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracker Barrell restaurant accused of having a "noose decoration"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The restaurant chain has been around for 50 years, with locations all over the U.S.
They decorate the stores with old-timey Americana stuff. A young black woman dining at the Cracker Barrell in East Windsor, Conneticut threw a hissy fit because a cord from a decoration (an antique soldering iron, still in its original state), resembled a noose.

The social media mob went on the attack within micro-seconds of hearing about the offense. The offended patron went on record saying she's not accepting Cracker Barrell's apology. One local activist said they're "not letting Cracker Barrell off the hook".

That's the problem with these perpetually-offended pieces of s**t facists. These petty tyrants think they somehow have a right to demand, dictate and impose their laws on the entire freakin world!

Source

Local activists met with restaurant manager Mark Smith to discuss the offensive symbol and search the restaurant for other potentially offensive decorations

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

OMG!

Someone could of been killed.

lol

edit on 12-11-2020 by LookingAtMars because: lol

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Maybe it shouldn't be called "cracker" Barrel any more!

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Maybe it shouldn't be called "cracker" Barrel any more!

lulz...
Diversity Barrell?

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Just when you thought you'd reached the bottom rung of the I.Q. ladder, along comes this person and digs a hole.....

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Even if it was a noose, why do black people get to claim those too? Plenty of white people and people of all colours have been hung with nooses, it's also a popular suicide method. Why must every arbitrary thing become racist just because it was also used to kill black people? They don't get to hog nooses all to themselves. Nooses are a universal symbol of death.
edit on 12/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Ropes and knots are to be banned from all public eye.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I wonder if the Activist noticed the silverware.

Hitler used silverware. Coincidence? I think not.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp
I can't tell if you're serious or not. Living in a rural area or once rural, seeing ropes and knots was pretty common.

Boy, those hay bales must really terrify some people. And Boy Scouts teach you how to make knots.

Sweet jesus, my soy is leaking.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I wonder how the Activists feel about images of guns? More black people have died from being shot than from the noose.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Social Justice Advocates are becoming the new self righteous hypocrites. I guess they'll be trying to give us a new doctrine soon, telling us what we can say, wear, eat, and think.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Someone needs to go to that black woman's house and search for a box of saltine crackers. If a box is found, she should be accused of racism. We honky white folk own the term "Cracker." That's how it works now, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm loving these replies. They're classic. Thank you, one and all.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Cracker Barrel needs to burn down 13% of its restaurants.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88A noose can be a very useful thing as well. Are we just banning this type of knot forever and ever? I sure hope they don't attend the rodeo this year. Their heads will explode.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Even worse, Cracker Barrell serves fried chicken.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: notquiteright

Well I mean rodeos are literally white supremacy incarnate. It's just a bunch of white dude's lynching cattle and horses and asserting their superiority over them. It's clearly an alt-right neo-Nazi ceremony designed to celebrate the days of slavery.

Is it any coincidence nooses are used at both?

Every time a rider mounts a bull or a stallion, they are reliving the life of a slavemaster. They are subjecting those animals to their will, forcing them to bend for them the way a slave bent before the whip.

Yup....

See those liberal arts educations are #ing useless. That #'s easy. Maybe I should teach a class on that.

Why You're a Racist Piece of # 101

Bet those liberal arts teachers make decent money.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Just waiting for the days when every church's cross becomes an intimidating symbol of racial hatred. You know because the KKK Used to burn crosses on people's lawns.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Just waiting for the days when every church's cross becomes an intimidating symbol of racial hatred. You know because the KKK Used to burn crosses on people's lawns.

It was never a benign symbol. It was a way of executing prisoners - slowly.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well, the whole "cracker barrel" syndrome is essentially racist as it highlights the deficiencies of Caucasian cuisine and mocks their ad-hoc culture.

Meh, any offense, actual or perceived, should be met with instant execution of offending persons or demolition of offending edifices with high explosive. Yes, it would end civilization as we know it but darn, it would be exciting.

It would enable a nice illustration of "first world problems."

(note to homeland security algorithms that this is a silly, half-hearted attempt at sardonic social dismay and not a manifesto)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join