It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we finally stop using certain words wrong?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Every since Trump was elected, there has been a Social Issue of people misusing the word "Misogyny". Now, before you get all indignant, you've been using the word wrong to describe Trump.

The words you should have been using were: "Lechery" and "Misanthropy ".

"Misogyny" is whole other thing. They are close, but Trump doesn't hate Women - he likes them too much. He hates Veterans, people with Medical problems, Democrats, etc...

Make sure you teach your kids the right way.

But since we're on the subject, you should also look up the definition of "Misandry". People have completely forgotten what that means.
edit on 10-11-2020 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Trump hates veterans,people with medical problems...
Exactly what flavor of kool-aid does the democrats serve
to their minions?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

While we're at it can we stop with the misuse of words like "Fascist", "Nazi", "Racist", "Dictator", "Democracy" and "Tyrant".

I haven't heard many of those words used in the correct context since my history lessons at school, 25 years ago.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I totaly agree. Words and phrases need to be used correctly.

Sample list to be checked for proper use.

Nazi
racist
race
riot
demonstration
fascist
white supremacist
illegal
unlawful
hate crime
immigrant

The list is getting too long but many more words have been used improperly with increasing frequently in the past few years.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Trump hates veterans,people with medical problems...
Exactly what flavor of kool-aid does the democrats serve
to their minions?

He hates Italians as well... according to Cuomo.

He hates puppies. Baby Seals. Leprechauns. He hates kittens and newborn babies.

He hates "The Noid". He hates Hamburgler. HE HATES BARNEY!

...but... truth be told... he's never hated anyone. He tried to make things better, and they hated him for it... what does that tell you?

They hated seeing him make things better, and they are making the rest of us pay for it.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
President "elect"

Was the first word to come to mind for me.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

He hates Italians as well... according to Cuomo.

i swear cuomo sounds mobbed up, acts and sounds just like the stereotype, if he ever starts saying "forget about it" that would be the lock. lol

edit on 11-11-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I'm certainly no literary genius, but one word I've noticed that's frequently used erroneously is 'ignorant', when they really mean 'arrogant'.

Oh, and the phrase goes 'I couldn't care less', not 'I could care less', lol

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Could we get 'bombshell' added to the list, por favor?

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
Every since Trump was elected

Every time i see the fist word of a sentence.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The left relies on re-defining words in ways that shift power. If a word that has been in common use for decades suddenly becomes taboo, those who stand behind the shift in meaning now hold power over anyone using the "bad word" in its old everyday sense -- it can even cost them their jobs. How many times have we seen words re-defined or new terminology introduced in this way? It is the essence of "political correctness."

This is all covered by so-called "critical theory" and the linguistic philosophers of the Frankfort School -- a cornerstone of contemporary radical leftist thought.

Control words and you control thought. Orwell had some stuff to say about how that worked.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Can we finally stop wrongly writing sentences?

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Can we finally stop completing what we

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
Every since Trump was elected, there has been a Social Issue of people misusing the word "Misogyny". Now, before you get all indignant, you've been using the word wrong to describe Trump.

The words you should have been using were: "Lechery" and "Misanthropy ".

"Misogyny" is whole other thing. They are close, but Trump doesn't hate Women - he likes them too much. He hates Veterans, people with Medical problems, Democrats, etc...

Make sure you teach your kids the right way.

But since we're on the subject, you should also look up the definition of "Misandry". People have completely forgotten what that means.

You mean like using the word, "wrong," instead of "wrongly," wrongly as in your post and title?

I'm hoping that was done purposefully. In that case, it'd be funny instead of just sad.
edit on 11/11/20 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I for one would like people to stop calling me far right fir not being far left.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Ballet for ballot, as in 'Pennsylvania sent me three ballets'.

No, no they didn't, there's no way to fit them in a mailbox.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

No, they're using it "right", you just have to think differently, more like a modern sjw. You have to look at anything, no matter how miniscule, to label someone an istaphobe. Trump said something about grabbing kitties, so he's automatically a misogynist, which means it's ok to hate him for life. I loved watching the show Xena growing up, so I probably am, too.

You have to warp your thinking to synch with modern cancel culture, then it'll make more sense.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

No, they're using it "right", you just have to think differently, more like a modern sjw. You have to look at anything, no matter how miniscule, to label someone an istaphobe. Trump said something about grabbing kitties, so he's automatically a misogynist, which means it's ok to hate him for life. I loved watching the show Xena growing up, so I probably am, too.

You have to warp your thinking to synch with modern cancel culture, then it'll make more sense.

and it helps to inject yourself with lots of bleach. kills the rona, stops it dead.
people with rona are losers and suckers. Trump said that.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

You forgot.

Peaceful

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Yes can we stop using trans and go back to transvestite?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join