It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Al-Qaeda in Saudi Arabia to Send Fighters to Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The head of Al-Qaeda in Saudi Arabia, Saleh al-Aoofi, is reportedly the voice on a new audiotape, which surfaced on the internet today. In it he made promises to send his fighters to help the insurgency in Iraq. Al-Aoofi is on Saudi Arabia's most wanted list of terror suspects and this tape is said to be in response to Al-Zarqawi's plead for help from Saudi Arabian militants.

ap.tbo.com
In Thursday's tape, the speaker identified as al-Aoofi addressed al-Zarqawi and fighters in Iraq and Saudi Arabia.

"We will not let the crusaders (Americans) stay in the land of the Prophet Muhammad (Saudi Arabia) to plan attacks against you," the speaker said.

Al-Zarqawi and his followers are held responsible for many deadly attacks against U.S. troops in Iraq and allied Iraqi security forces and army troops. The foreign fighters who have joined his group are believed to have mostly entered Iraq through Syria.

The speaker promised to send Saudi suicide bombers to join the Iraqi insurgents.

"We will send you the fighters and the martyrs whenever you need ... by God, we will make them know the meaning of terrorism," said the voice.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I only hope that since the release of this tape, the US and Coalition forces are working harder to keep Iraq's borders closed for their own sake. Al-Zarqawi seems to be doing well enough in Iraq when it comes to creating havoc, adding willing "martyrs and fighters" will only help in keeping our troops in the country longer. President Bush did say that our troops will not leave Iraq until they can provide their own security, news like this will only enhance his stance to remain firm and against troop withdrawal.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is good news. If the extremists send their bravest to iraq, then that will re-stabilize saudi arabia, and eventually eliminate them all together in iraq.

The US shoudl definitly not close the borders, they should allow small groups of people to come in. THe insurgency is dangerous of course, but it doesn't seem to be effective on the same scale as say the viet cong or the boer commandos. Perhaps it might be a good idea to only be able to prevent supply convoys from comming into iraq then, since the US forces can handle the extremists now, lower their numbers by killing them, and then when they leave, the IP and iraqi military will only have to deal with whats already in country, rather than have a insurgency resurgence come in from abroad once the US leaves.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's time for Saudi Arabia to step-up and either control it's terrorists or for our administration to change our relations with the house of Saud.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I agree with Nygdan, sounds to me they are running out of terrorist in Iraq so they are having to ship more in. That's fine, US Military will kill them also.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
well if they're running out of terrorists in Iraq, I have to say they're doing a pretty good job terrorizing the Iraqis short staffed.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher Al-Aoofi is on Saudi Arabia's most wanted list of terror suspects

Saudi Arabia's most wanted terror suspects? What's that? A Phonebook?

The fact that they have a list is comical. What do they do, send money to the terror organizations and then put the recipients name on the list?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
according to the above article (link above)

Al-Aoofi, a former prison guard in his late 30s, is among five militants who remain at large on the Saudi list of 26 most-wanted terror suspects. The Saudi authorities have killed and arrested many of the suspects, including the previous al-Qaida chief in Saudi Arabia - Abdulaziz al-Moqrin.

supposedly they have killed and captured all the terrorists in Saudi Arabia except 26.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Saudi Arabia's most wanted terror suspects? What's that? A Phonebook?

That is funny.

On a more serious note it is better to kill them over there than to have them martyr themselves in the US.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
well if they're running out of terrorists in Iraq, I have to say they're doing a pretty good job terrorizing the Iraqis short staffed.

Well wasn't the stated goal of al-Zarqawi to shut down the elections among other things? He was not able to do that so I'd be of the opinion that short staffed they are not doing a very good job. Not as good as they (the terrorist) would want.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Nygdan is right.
Not only does that drain the region of terrorists, but they become vulnerable when they are moving and crossing borders.

let em come

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
There are only so many willing martyrs. They are constantly hunted, and spread themselves thinner than the US military. Any death of our US soldiers is very tragic, however onesies and twosies is absolutely no effect on the US military. The concern is around keeping Iraqi's with the confindence to create security in their own country. When newly recruited Iraqi officers are targeted it drives fear into their hearts and makes less people wanna stand in those recruiting lines. The terrorists are not succeeding with attacks in Iraq, but they are slowing the process by which Iraqi's can take control of their own country. The US military and New Iraqi security will continue to adapt and grow the margin at which they succeed against the terrorists, ultimately defeating them in the end.

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moon Puppy
I agree with Nygdan, sounds to me they are running out of terrorist in Iraq so they are having to ship more in. That's fine, US Military will kill them also.

Actually, by all reports, the number of insurgents/terrorists in Iraq is constantly getting bigger.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

Originally posted by Moon Puppy

Actually, by all reports, the number of insurgents/terrorists in Iraq is constantly getting bigger.

Bigger in Iraq possibly, due to convergence. However it would be interesting to see if overall These terrorist organisations are growing or falling in numbers. Either way, the US has not even mobilized, with approx..150,000 sodiers still remaining.

Carburetor.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by Mr Carburetor]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
"We will not let the crusaders (Americans) stay in the land of the Prophet Muhammad (Saudi Arabia) to plan attacks against you," the speaker said.

well then, we should all pull out and see if they stop killing iraqis as well...
after all they only want us out... or there is a hidden agenda

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
On the 'phone book' bit while its absurd on the face of it, that is what al-qaida is, "the base", the data-base. Its a network of terror cells , a database of terror contacts that the alqaida executives can draw upon.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
So the US and The UK pull out their troops, and leave the holy land to them!

Umm sound plan, me thinks not, for many reason, the major few are that iraq would inplode, and all hell would break loose, Oil would go through the roof, and the US and the coalition of the Willing
would be brated from every country in the world for yet again messing up a perfectly good country(well if you count a dicator who commits mass genocide an appecable form of goverment)

Nope looks like we are in for the long haul, al-quedia may be shouting off again about how they are doing allah's work and stopping the cursaders from occupying the holy land. but it's all they are doing latley, is making threats, we will do this,do that, we will attack the great satan and her allies where ever we want. But touch wood so far they haven't managed do anything major lately.

I can hear the shouts now, how bout the madrid bombing's,, yes they were linked to al-quedia and they have taken credit for them, well it's like football, u might not of intentionally had anything to do with the goal,but ure gonna claim it anyway, makes you look good.

Supposely 9/11 was the start of the great jihad againt the mainland US,and nothing has happened since, if they have all these sleeper agents inplace waiting for the world to go out and make themselves martys. Why haven't they?.

Is the War on terror working, Is Homeland security and the FBI/CIA doing a good job at last???????

imop i think we were all lied too about just how big al-quedia is and it was used as an excuse for a select few people to make billons from defence contracts and rebuilding iraq/afghanistan. and to help a bumbling idiot keep his job.

top topics

join