It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

most of the time i feal pity for anything alive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
like the title says, most of the time i feel pity for the human race, anything alive for that matter, we are born into these weak bodies that we must kill living things ( im taking plants into this also , so vegans and vegetarians you are not exempt ) to survive, every single thing eats in one way or another. im beginning to hate to eat.

we watch countless fake deaths for our enjoyment in many forms weather it be fiction or non fiction in many forms weather it be playing,acts or movies, i believe we are all mentally ill to some extent , some just hide it better then others.

we praise fake gods that were created by man that lead to us killing echother in one form or another. weather that be spirtual , mental, or with your life.we feel the need to alter our conscious weather it be for fun or to stop the pain. some of us kill for fun.

even on ats we praise killers, i remember a thread about a hunter that forgot a chicken in in the oven for a week, it was all laughs in that thread,but not for the chicken.

what do you think ats?

edit on 23-10-2020 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2020 by theboarman because: edit for goodness

edit on 23-10-2020 by theboarman because: corrections

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

Meh, someday everyone will die and a tree will use your molecules as sustenance. Circle of life and all that.

Really, mostly everything that ever lived is still here. It's not like the things that make everything up go anywhere, they just keep being recycled and reused over and over. End up in the earth as carbon where they get taken up by other organisms and become part of them.

The Earth itself is just one giant organism, we're all part of it then go back to it, someday the stuff that was us will go back into the world as new life.

Society is too obsessed with death to the point where people rarely embrace life any more. This whole year has been a perfect example of that. The whole world's so scared of death they've just paused any semblance of normal living until their chances of untimely death drop back to what they believe are seemingly acceptable levels.

Death isn't something to be afraid of, to be glorified or obsessed with, it's just the inevitable end of life. It's not going away, the only thing anyone can do is just live as much as possible with the time we all have.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I often feel the same you sound like a great person for caring about all the misery! I though do believe that the real creator not our various gods wants to fix this and will, the corruption came as the price of our own ancestors choice to obey and follow a liar that is now corrupts everything and is continuing to enjoy our downfall.

So I have hope. People who place their hope in some person or group will be always disappointed, one way out Jesus died to give it to us.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I understand but you are thinking about it, to think about it shall only make you depressed or even worse cause a kind of mental illness.

There are some monks in the Himalayas whom hate harming life in any form, when they eat they pray for forgiveness, when they walk they pray for forgiveness for the tiny creatures they may have harmed.

What is of the dust must go back to the dust and what is of the spirit to the spirit, life is both positive and negative, try to dwell on the positive and accept that in you those things you have eaten and harmed have an expression, there life meant something so long as you live yours but if you reject life then what was it for?.

Choose life, find your own way and try not to judge others.

Yes there is needless cruelty, computer games have gone from jet set willy jumping over barrels and dodging death to shooting simulated enemy's and it can not be morally responsible but it is what it is, TV has gone from hero's never killing the bad guy's but catching them to hero's slaughtering hundreds of bad guy's with machine gun's, bazooka's and anything else they can lay there hand's on but once again it is what it is - except for the obvious damage it must be doing to children's minds.

Cows would not exist if humans did not eat them, milk them and wild bison never existed in such numbers so as a species they are very successful even if there lives are horrible in our view, same for all domesticated food animal's.

But you live in an exciting time, algae based food may one day give way to artificially synthesised food not unlike that portrayed in star trek though made in a big factory somewhere and not a mythical replicator, we are learning to transcend our limited nature and in time we shall.

Life may mature, at the moment we are still barbarian's so?.

But as long as someone believes there has to be a better way then some day they will find one.

In the meantime LIFE is and rejecting that out of moral considerations is like a lemming running off a cliff so live it.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Damn that explains the headache, bloody woodpeckers.

Hey reminded me of an old advert.

edit on 23-10-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I reckon you should get out there and see the beauty in life. Get into nature. Sure, animals kill animals, but that's not hideous. Nor gratuitous.

I also think you'd benefit from surrounding yourself with loving, positive people.

Life's good man, the world is a gift and so is life. Forget about the freaks and weirdos and get outside and enjoy the miracle that is.
edit on 23-10-2020 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I think ATS is filled with a bunch of sociopaths that hate themselves and others. Not impressed. If you don't like it here, leave. See? I fit right in.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

i dont think you understand me, i love ats, its been my virtual home for years, even before i joined, but i still feel pity for anything alive.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman

i dont think you understand me, i love ats, its been my virtual home for years, even before i joined, but i still feel pity for anything alive.

Actually, I don't think you understood my post. I wasn't suggesting you did not like ATS nor that you should leave it. I was simply suggesting you leave.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

rude.

enough said.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It's called empathy. Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I think the beauty and mystery of life make up for the bad parts. And if life was perfect and we all lived forever I don't think we would have nearly as much appreciation for life. I understand why you don't like killing animals to eat, I hate it as well, but on some level my being understands that it's just the natural cycle of life. Basically all living creatures are faced with the same struggles, we are just lucky to be humans and not an animal low on the food chain which is highly likely to be killed in a very violent way. That's why I enjoy watching survival shows, so I can remind myself of what it's like to live in the wild, what it's like to hunt your own food, to respect the life taken so you can eat, while also understanding there is nothing inherently evil or wrong about hunting for food. I do agree hunting for sport is wrong though.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Yes that was extremely rude!

edit on 24/10/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
yeah earth is a death cult.
Just enjoy it and learn as much as you can while you're here.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
whether ...but i feel ya. seconda reply to: theboarman

join