It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Brave Little Chicky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I came into the world in the usual way,I was hatched at a large commercial
farm.My siblings and I were all gathered off the conveyor belt and placed
into cages.We were all together walking around,pecking and cheeping not
aware of what laid before us.
One day we found ourselves in a large room with strange looking creatures
walking around.One of these creatures picked me up and placed this strange
rope around my neck.I was stuffed into a box and I started to panic,I can't
breathe. I finally found a hole and the fresh air calmed me down and I fell
asleep.
Suddenly,the box was opened and I had a brief feeling of freedom.Then this
strange creature,smaller then the ones at the farm,grabbed me and started
squealing,"Oh,mama,it's a beautiful little chicky,thank-you." The little creature
was wearing a pink lace dress with white patent leather shoes and lacey socks.
"Mama,may I take my little chicky to church with me?" Mama didn't think it was
a good idea and I was placed into a large box.I was left alone for a long time.

I must have fallen asleep again and that strange little creature was back! "hello,
little chicky,mama bought you some food." I was given a jar lid filled with birdseed
and another lid with water.I was hungry so I ate what was put before me.This was how
my life was to be until I could find a way to escape from my captivity.

A couple of weeks passed by and I finally had my chance to escape.The little creature
forgot to put me back into my cage.I ran across the room and saw a strange yellow
glow and looked out.There was grass and flowers and birds,not like me.I was in a
strange new world and I started to explore it.

This was a world filled with many terrors and dangers.I was so afraid and very hungry.
I kept walking around hoping someone would find me and take me home.I kept hearing
strange noises,honking and screeching,barking and hissing.I wanted to scream and in
a panic,I ran into the street and something picked me up."Look what I found,it's a little
chicken." Another voice spoke and said,"let's take her over to my dad's house."
What seemed like a long time,I found myself looking at another strange creature and I
found myself in love with this one.
He put me in a cage and I learned to make noises so he would take me out.I loved sitting
on his shoulder and he would feed me from his plate.I always wanted to follow him everywhere
he would go.
One day he puts me in a small cage and puts me in the back of this beast.This beast was large
and smelled and was very dark.After awhile we stopped at this strange place.I looked around
and I saw grass,flowers,butterflies and others that look like me.

edit on 14-10-2020 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I had promised a member I would write a story about his
chicken.I found the draft this afternoon and finished the
story.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Mamabeth, I finished reading your beautiful story together with my wife and daughter. I will never forget what you just did and yes, you made me cry.

For those who doesn't know what's all this about, take a look here :

The Bravest Chicken Ever

Now, I have to let you know that Chicky is doing great. My daughter contacted the sanctuary and they told her that Chicky has lots of friends, pigs, ducks, dogs, goats and of course other like her too. She is happy, we are too. She is growing and here is a photo of her taken few weeks ago.

She isn't too tall but everybody respects her. A chicken with attitude

We believe there are many animals that need to be rescued and we will continue doing that. Right now my daughter rescued a little cat, it's a girl. She came to our door and I don't know why, landlord doesn't like cats but we just couldn't abandon her. Another Godsent I guess.

God bless you Mamabeth !

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I am glad that you liked the story,I am sorry it
took so long to finish.I had stuffed the draft in
my desk drawer and found it this afternoon.
Thank-you for your kind words,mama.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Good story.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
That's a really good story. Telling it from Chickey's point-of-view was a great touch.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   
One hundred karma points each for Mamabeth for her nice story and Trueman for his animal rescue efforts!
The simple things can be so refreshing in this crazy modern world lol!
My ex and my daughter kept free range chickens, amazing how they all have distinct personalities.
I wasnt a fan of the resident rooster though, he always chose to sit outside my bedroom window and crow every morning, needless to say he found himself living elsewhere and i didnt spend most mornings in a *fowl* mood anymore!

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset
Believe me if I tell you they know. The thankfully way they look to your eyes is priceless and fills your heart.

new topics

top topics

join