It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Delta Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
And of course its projected to hit right along the same path as Laura hit just weeks ago.

weather.com...

Many people are still cleaning up from the previous Hurricane, I personally just got done yesterday cutting up the two trees that fell in my yard. My house was without power for 12 days and I don't even live along the coast. At least it should'nt be so God awful hot this time.

If you are anywhere around where this thing is going to hit, please make sure you've filled up your vehicles and got food and water for the coming days.

And also, please check on your neighbors, especially if they are elderly. Many people live alone and don't have family or friends to help them out.

Godspeed folks.
edit on 9-10-2020 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Good luck to ATS folks in Delta's path, hoping you make it through just fine.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Stay safe folks. This reminds me of the year Florida kept getting hit.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Trump tweeted yesterday that he's ready to send Aid to Louisiana and Texas, he's monitoring the situation.

Fast and expedient.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This morning a friend who lives in the NW corner of SE Louisiana, just below the MS state line, said they'd had 12 inches of rain in a 4 hour period. He walked his property during the night and said it wasn't that bad for them in the big flood of 2016.

And this is was over on the other side of the state from where it's making landfall.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I lived In Florida 35 years Near Tallahassee
In all thous years we had Count them ONE Janice cat 2 .
I went through Michele In panama city fl WRATH of god stuff .

Dont like AZ Much so darn hot ( yea makes Florida look cool and refreshing lol )
BUT i don't miss the weather at ALL . I do miss the trees and the VERY VERY GREEN GRASS .
LOL .

Storms after storms cat 3 - 4 - 5 over and over me thinks things are heating up a bite wonder why During solar minim .

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Trump tweeted yesterday that he's ready to send Aid to Louisiana and Texas, he's monitoring the situation.

Fast and expedient.

Let's wait for his official crayon drawing for the real path of the storm.
The national weather commission is fake news and they're in cahoots with China and they're manipulating the weather to make Trump look bad.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Fast and expedient.

The worst thing you can say to a Louisiana’er is, “we’re from the government and we are here to help”.

That’s why we have the Cajun Navy here and nowhere else in America

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
I lived In Florida 35 years Near Tallahassee
In all thous years we had Count them ONE Janice cat 2 .
I went through Michele In panama city fl WRATH of god stuff .

Dont like AZ Much so darn hot ( yea makes Florida look cool and refreshing lol )
BUT i don't miss the weather at ALL . I do miss the trees and the VERY VERY GREEN GRASS .
LOL .

Storms after storms cat 3 - 4 - 5 over and over me thinks things are heating up a bite wonder why During solar minim .

It’s all good I’ve got plenty of ice, charcoal, beer, and generator gas

God has blessed us and I have faith that he will continue to do so

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

I have a friend in New Orleans who got a new house, new car, and a big promotion after Hurricane Katrina. All courtesy of the billions of dollars the federal government pumped in for rebuilding.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Just reported by the weather center that hurricane Delta is weakening as it moves into cooler October Waters close to the USA.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Most of them have been either tropical storms or cat 1. Hurricane Laura was the strongest with this one being next strongest.

What makes this one seem so bad is that they've all come packed into the past month or so. This is like the year where all the hurricanes just kept hitting Florida, and everyone made the same arguments then too. But it was the same thing -- they just all came at once and hit one limited span of real estate so they seemed much worse than normal.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
good thread! everyone there stay safe and check back in with us when you can~

a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Being hot over and over is worse then normal www.cbsnews.com...
Laura was a cat 4 this one a cat 3 well looks like it down graded better then nothing Were THE heck can i find a map OF THEV ONES that HIT teh US this year ?
that news report says 4 in hit in the last month or two ?
10 storms hit this year www.wftv.com... AH5XVZQ2VFDXLGCZPSDTSVRLA/
5 Hurricanes
down playing this a little ?
edit on 9-10-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

2005 Hurricane Season is the benchmark.

Just do a search with the year and then hurricane season.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well the power is out but it’s not near as bad as Laura was.

Most of the trees I see down fell because of all the wetness instead of wind this time.

Nothing to do now but fire up the grill and do some day drinking while the power crews get to work.

Hope everyone fared well during the storm.
edit on 10-10-2020 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Thank you ketsuko does look like as years go by the number and strength is getting worse .
During a SOLAR Minim no yet .

Look no one thinks Man ALONE is responsible for the FACT the average tempture is Going up .
heck One volcano Like say Hellen's can cause a temp drop that last years for the planet so all our planning can be Mute to nature .
BUT that does NOT mien man has NO EFFECT just LOOK at any large city's HEAT SINK and tell your self humans cant cause temp changes .

Try this at Home go out on a hot sunny day put a temp gage On the GRASS and one on the black top then tell your self It has Nothing to do with Humans .

Carbon does retain heat O2 does not . More CO2 More heat contained its not rocket science look at Venus .
Burning oil the OIL was Atmosphere--- Plants take CO 2 AND STORE it animals eat plants and the co 2 is now locked in the body's then when they die that turns into oil and gasses .

Oil is a 150 MILLION years of stored co 2 burning it Put that co 2 BACK into earth atmosphere along with coal and methain and any other gas .

Give humans enough time to Burn it all and earths atmosphere will once again be what it was like 150 Millions years back .
The pressure at sea lv was 45 POUNDS per inch as to now 14 pounds The co 2 lvs were ten times as high as well as the o2 btw GIANT bugs anyone lol .

Now earth lived fine and dandy like that for millions of years and it will again if it gets that bad .

BUT pollution of any KIND THE WORST Humans related pollution is NOT FROM burning any thing It is from Nitrogen.
We need to feed 7 billion people we use Nitrogen because plants USE IT TO grow the excess goes RIGHT INTO the oceans GROW ALGY which uses it up then dies the Bactria eat the dead Algy and US all the 02 up and cause fish die offs .

ADD the fact it increases the PH lvs cause acid build up killing even more fish and the fact Humans are fishing out the oceans you have a ecological disaster of epic proportions in the making .

The bad thing is we cant change that we need to eat so the clock is ticking and time is running out as one day SOON your grandkids time the oceans will be Giant dead zones and the Human race will have a massive die off .

ONLY IN AMERICA do people have access to so Much meat that is plant based from farms beef chicken pork Most of teh world relies on fishing the oceans .

Humans got ONE and Only one shot of NOT being a dinosaur ( AKA EXTINCT ) get OFF this rock .
and stop having SO many kids ( from me who had 3 boys and raised 6 lol .

we know what we are doing and do it anyway .
edit on 10-10-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Respectfully, I must disagree with you.

I’ve lived in a hurricane prone area for the last 43 years. I don’t think it’s been any worse lately, even with the last two direct hits. I think the news reporting is a lot more sensationalized with a lot more “scary” talk, but even when I was a kid storms would roll through with about the same frequency.

Is the earth heating up? I think so. However I think it’s much more in line with natural cycles than anything to do with the activities of humans. You can see from ice core data that there have been many times in the past where CO2 levels were much higher than today. So where were all the people driving cars and burning oil back then?

There has been documented evidence of all the planets in the solar system undergoing some kind of change. Jupiter lost one of its stripes a while back, the atmosphere of Venus and mars has gotten thicker, there has even been atmospheric changes recorded on the far out planets like Uranus. That tells me it’s something going on with the sun itself.

Oh and the reason a thermometer is so much hotter on blacktop than grass is because asphalt by it’s very nature stores heat. So does the color black. Hence the name “blacktop”.

top topics

join