It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid drug given to Trump developed using cells derived from aborted fetus.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Trump touts Regeneron antibody cocktail as a potential ‘cure’ while he has consistently sought to restrict abortion access.

One of the drugs taken by Donald Trump that he has touted as a potential “cure” for coronavirus was developed using human cells originally obtained from an elective abortion, a practice repeatedly denounced by the president and many of his supporters.
The drug is a monoclonal antibody cocktail developed by Regeneron. The president received an 8-gram infusion under a “compassionate use” exemption when he was hospitalized over the weekend after testing positive for Covid-19. There is no cure for Covid-19, and the drug is not approved.
The 2020 Republican party platform explicitly opposes embryonic stem cell research, and calls for a ban on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research.

Covid drug given to Trump developed using cells derived from aborted fetus.

This is a very interesting article published in the Guardian today.

So part of the "Covid cure" used on Trump was originally created using stem cells from aborted foetuses. In 2020 Trump and the Republican Party explicitly opposed embryotic stem cell research which is how this drug was created.

“We stopped the federal funding of fetal tissue research, which everybody felt was so important …” the president told supporters in January 2020. “We’re standing up to the pro-abortion lobby like never before.”

This cure was created using fetal tissue to begin with and even though this is now immortalized, it's origins are still the same without using fetal tissue this drug wouldn't exist. The same line of stem cells were used in development of a therapy for the Ebola virus.
If you're opposed to abortion and the research using aborted tissue would you allow this drug to be used on you if you knew it would save your life, do you think Trump had no option but to allow his doctor to use the drug or do you think he should have stood up to the doctors because of his anti-abortion views and not allowed the drug to be used on him?

This was the opinion of American Catholic Bishops back in April from the article.

In April, the influential US Conference of Catholic Bishops wrote to the US government to ask that it “incentivize” vaccine candidates developed without use of such cells.

So ethically should a drug created using aborted cells be used on someone who says they against abortion?

It was only last year a similar ethical question arose when a surgeon used a medical reference book that was still in publication in the 90's where bodies depicted in it were actually victims of Nazi atrocities.

Should doctors learn form Nazi research.

Should a surgeon use a medical reference book with anatomical illustrations that are derived from Nazi victims? That’s the ethical quandary a team that included BU’s Michael A. Grodin and Rabbi Joseph A. Polak sought to answer in an article in the May 29 issue of the journal Surgery.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

...do you think Trump had no option but to allow his doctor to use the drug or do you think he should have stood up to the doctors because of his anti-abortion views and not allowed the drug to be used on him?

Are we sure that Trump knew it was derived from aborted fetal cells? That's the first question he needs to be asked.

The next questions will depend on the answer to the first.

But you bring up quite the dilemma: If pro-life folks are going to be faulted for taking medications that were derived from aborted fetal cells, then shouldn't we be absolutely positive that everyone is informed of their origins BEFORE being given the drugs? Even if they won't be faulted after the fact, shouldn't people at least have the benefit of INFORMED consent before the fact so they can be true to their conscience?

"Mr. Patient, we think this drug will be effective in treating your condition, but it was derived from aborted fetal cells; will taking this drug violate your conscience? Do you want this drug knowing it was developed from cells from an aborted baby?"

Somehow, I don't think Big Pharma wants the world to know...

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

You are assuming that Trump knew this information pre-administration.

First of all i think that the question of Trumps knowledge prior to administration of the origins of this particular drug is the number 1 question....Then your thread questions are relevant but not before.

So in saying that - As a firm Trump supporter i think if he knew the origin of this drug pre administration then he has Royally eff'd up both as a supposed god fearing christian and with his promise to provide it free to every citizen as he is then encouraging all citizens to ignore gods supposed instructions.
Which of course is very disappointing indeed for both the miracles it seems to perform and the poor souls who take him up on his offer.

If he was a true christian he should revoke the offer of supplying it free and explain why in relation to the teachings of christianity whilst praying for forgiveness for the sin. Then offer it at a fee for those inclined to not believe that particular part of christianity.

After all to nutshell answer your questions i think it is not acceptable to use the lessons of nazi research although many will say it is so the poor victims of said research did not die in vain.

Tough to take a line on these questions you possed because dammed if you do and dammed if you don't depending on a individuals stance.

This thread will be quite active with high emotional debate I'd imagine - get ready.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Even Vegans sneak a BLT when it suits them.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Pretty soon we'll find out he's chugging adrenochrome smoothies with his Big Macs.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I've been wondering when someone will post this. I've wondered if people will refuse the treatment or try to justify it in some way. I read a comment somewhere where a person claimed that the cells were obtained from embryos that "died naturally". Sigh.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

...do you think Trump had no option but to allow his doctor to use the drug or do you think he should have stood up to the doctors because of his anti-abortion views and not allowed the drug to be used on him?

Somehow, I don't think Big Pharma wants the world to know...

Clearly with only minutes separating our posts we are on the same correct wavelength - except for the above quote.

I think they do want the world to know so that way people are openly denouncing god in favour of self preservation thus choosing the dark side as stated in endtimes prophecy.
This is deeply concerning in relation to biblical prophecy and may finially depending on how this pans out put me of Trump for good. Doesn't mean I'll vote dem just means I'll finially refuse to vote at all.

Trump is getting harder and harder to swallow and this is his straw that broke the camels back moment indeed.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I believe he didn´t know, there are more than 2500 different drugs in small country like Finland alone, you can be sure there is even more different drugs in US.

"Would you test this drug Mr.President ? it will make you feel better."
"Bring it on, i feel awful"...
...most likely

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Since the 1960s, several commonly used vaccines have been researched and manufactured using aborted tissue or cell lines originating from aborted babies. The common vaccines using aborted cell lines today include chickenpox, shingles, hepatitis A, and Rubella (MMR).

Linky

Even if you know or not it’s kind of hard to get around it.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

You do not know if the cells used were ethically sourced or not....any male could be a foreskin cell donor just like one could be a blood donor.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Embryonic cells are used. That means it has been fertilized. You cannot use random cells. It has to be from an embryo.
edit on 9-10-2020 by frogs453 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Pro-life as long as its his own you see.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Id bet alot of money that trump cares very little about religion other than that he knows the religious vote will greatly help him.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Are embryonic stem cells the only way to create the new therapeutic? Or just the more profitable source for the stem cells.

Since they are making one type of cell for a specific purpose can they use adult stem cells?

researchers-create-embryonic-stem-cells-wi thout-embryo

Do they already do something like this? Which is why they use the word "originally" in this sentence?

developed using human cells originally obtained from an elective abortion

Or is this meant to imply that they got the first set of stem cells from an aborted fetuses but then replicated or cloned the rest they needed in the lab? If that's possible why the need for aborted fetuses? I'm sure there are plenty of mothers who naturally miscarriage who would allow their child to be used to save other people's lives.
edit on 9-10-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: one4all

Embryonic cells are used. That means it has been fertalized. You cannot use random cells. It has to be from an embryo.

Yes you can use adult male foreskin material....it is not optimal or the path of least resistance primarily due to availability of fewer stem cell precursors but it gets the job done.

I know this example is not exactly what we are discussing but it seems relevant.

www.biomedcentral.com...
edit on 9-10-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Husband looked into it. They use stem cells from created from other sources -- bone marrow, etc. They also do use stem cells from frozen embryos which likely would be the cells in question. Those are still controversial, but less objectionable than aborted ones.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Clearly with only minutes separating our posts we are on the same correct wavelength - except for the above quote.

I think they do want the world to know so that way people are openly denouncing god in favour of self preservation thus choosing the dark side as stated in endtimes prophecy.

That is a chilling thought... but definitely fits the end times prophecy in that people will choose the dark side. The Covid panic and fearmongering has created a survival mentality with too many, creating the perfect storm.

I've already decided to vote Jo Jorgensen (Libertarian). Not because I think she's the best person for the job, or because I think she has any chance in winning, but because third party votes weaken the two main parties who already have too much power. That must end.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The key words here are "originally developed" using a fetus stem cells.
The injection he took was NOT from an aborted baby.
Nor do they continue to develop the product with aborted baby cells. It says so right in the papers.

And if this is a new cure and given out to people, we will NOT be taking a product that comes from aborted babies.

Again, the key words here are originally developed.
Other key words and thoughts: was the aborted baby aborted for the tests or did they kill babies to do it? If the baby is already dead and was not killed for the tests, then in reality the lab didn't. Do anything wrong. They were just using something to help others.
Are any of you organ donors? Maybe the people who's life you save wit your organs should know that your heart, or kidney , came from a dead person !!

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Even Vegans sneak a BLT when it suits them.

Definitely not true for any vegan i know..

The point is that he has been making a big dealabout being pro Christian and evangelical. Then as soon as hes tested, he fails.

It's obvious his new religious concerns are all for show, but i guess this is suprising for those who see trump as some savior.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: loueber

Life created in a lab is no longer life? I knew justifications were forthcoming. I thought moment of conception? That means when an egg is fertilized no?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join