It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Anglo-Saxon girl had her nose and lips cut off as punishment, an ancient skull shows

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The ancient Egyptians cut off ears and noses for crimes.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So here is my perspective, it almost sounds like a murder. I mean the attempted scalping, abnormal burial, facial disfigurement. Sounds like someone who was in a rush to disfigure the body and bury it where no one would notice.

Didn't necessarily have to be community sactioned pu ishment. Especially since it has so many conflicts like the OP said why banish a person who you disfigured as a punishment. When you banish someone it's presumed on both sides they are alive just not allowed back within the community. Why would you disfigure someone then attempt to scalp them ensuring their death then bury them? I dunno.

Lots of conflicts here. Leads me to think of murder. But that's just me.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It could also have been a predator attack not necessarily punishment. We have messed up individuals now so probably back then too.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProgramSiberia
So here is my perspective, it almost sounds like a murder. I mean the attempted scalping, abnormal burial, facial disfigurement. Sounds like someone who was in a rush to disfigure the body and bury it where no one would notice.

Didn't necessarily have to be community sactioned pu ishment. Especially since it has so many conflicts like the OP said why banish a person who you disfigured as a punishment. When you banish someone it's presumed on both sides they are alive just not allowed back within the community. Why would you disfigure someone then attempt to scalp them ensuring their death then bury them? I dunno.

Lots of conflicts here. Leads me to think of murder. But that's just me.

serial killer!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join