It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversion thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Why was this thread trashed?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is more than enough room for rational discussion about the topic with out it being mere bashing on islam.

Why should't this topic be discussed? I had typed the response below, and I hate to see it not even considered.

This is a woman who has bought into a cultural system wherein she is degraded. Don't think of it as a religion issue. This is like as if an independant woman from NYC decided that she wanted to live in a trailer, be beaten by a slob, and quite her job.

Its absolutely pathetic.

I have not distrust of the islamic religion, I have no problem with islam spreading to other parts of the world. Its a religion like any other. Its long been corrupted to be used as an excuse to oppress women. This stupid, stupid woman has bought into a fundamenalist system, the same one that ordered an innocent woman gang raped because someone from her group had an illicit affair with people from another group. Instead of paying for damages, their group had to have one of its women give up sex to the offended group. This is wrong and this woman is a fool. At the same time that women who were born into islam are trying to get more respect in it, this twit is covering her 'shameful and disagraceful' flesh.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Why was this thread trashed?

Maybe because it had a hint of racism in it?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It was very very short, the original post, and didn't have anything overtly racist. Besides, since when is racism a cause for shutting down a post or thread here? Anyway, I don't want drama, I want discussion on it. Perhaps the person that started the original post can comment, or anyone else.

I mean, it makes sense no? Islam is a peaceful religion. Just as its been hijacked by extremists who kill out of all accord with religion, there are also people in it who have perverted it to oppress and denigrate women.

new topics

join