It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego Sphere — Full Resolution unedited 12 Minute Tape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
There where some threads here on ATS some time ago on the San Diego Sphere filmed by DOD employee Rick Ybarra in his backyard back in 2014. Unfortunately, that video was compressed to a very low resolution (240p) and it was edited. Today, however, the high resolution and full length unedited version has been uploaded.

Some may have thought this was a baloon, does this updated video change your mind?

-MM
edit on 16-9-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

Do all UFO’s look like a Sputnik knockoff?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Is there any other evidence of this ?

Any other video , other eye witnesses ..Anything ?

Or is it just his video ? Becasue this is broad daylight and everyone for sure had camera phones in 2014 .

Cool video though .

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

If you really thought it was a stationary UFO as in not human made, why not try to get closer?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I say balloon

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Is there any other evidence of this ?

Any other video , other eye witnesses ..Anything ?

Or is it just his video ? Becasue this is broad daylight and everyone for sure had camera phones in 2014 .

Cool video though .

I don´t think so, I think his neighbor saw something strange in the sky but took no notice of it because he was playing with his kids. It happened early in the morning. There is an interview with Mr Ybarra here, if your´e interested.

-MM

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Do all UFO’s look like a Sputnik knockoff?

LOL, it truly does look like the Sputnik satellite from the 50s. Perhaps this is an alien race that never had a Steve Jobs type to show them slick tech design and they just got stranded in that nasty ol´ "design by engineers" look
?

-MM

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It acts just like a balloon when the wind pushes it down it acts just like a tethered balloon Tethered on that bottom antenna and the top antenna do believe can you see it on a video you see it blowing at one point you can see the wind blowing and it pushes it down

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
And I can tell the tether is about maybe a third of a mile long a reply to: GBP/JPY

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Jake from It's Redacted supplied me with a copy of the video before he released it.
I extracted the frames (80,000) and began going through them 1 by 1 yesterday.

I am convinced my original thoughts were correct - it's an advertisement Balloon.

With the frames extracted you can see that the "grill like" appearance across the center, is not a grill.
Its prominent in the still image that was supplied (which was an AI rendition)
As well, the metadata of the original image uploaded to MUFON, suggests manipulation via PS.
I suspect this was done in the idea by the witness that he was doing the investigator a favour by adding some details to the object, so it represented how he saw it.

For the sake of argument, I will refer to it as the grill, but you can see that it's no longer uniformly spaced as we see in the still image.
In fact, it appears to be black lettering.

I have began to reach out to local businesses that were in the witnesses area, in the direction of the sighting.
As well, there are more than a few schools in the area which may had made this as an art project.
But I'm not so convinced on the art project theory.
Why the black lettering?
That's more in line with an advertisement.
edit on 16-9-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It happened at 6:30 pm.
Not early in the morning.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Just WHAT does a high-definition video of a balloon really tell us?
Looks like a balloon, moves like a balloon, quacks like a balloon.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Who kept this high-resolution version hidden from the General Public? The Department of Defense?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

There where some threads here on ATS some time ago.....

Some fairly recent posts here as well....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 16-9-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Helium filled balloon of some sort, possibly made to look like sputnik OR a weather monitoring balloon type device which would explain the antenna's.

Either way since we don't know it is a genuine UFO.

Moves like a balloon and balloon's are not always innocent, they can and have been used as monitoring devices in the past just as drones are today and a drone balloon hybrid is not out of the question.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yeahhh, thats a balloon

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Best I can find...

Ham Radio Balloon

Not exactly but very similar.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Its a balloon that has been filmed in the original footage, then enhanced by CGI, and the footage has then been added to.

The sequence by the tree, its classic fakery. Designed to add 'authenticity' by showing the object supposedly interacting with the environment.

Similarly with the zoom/out of focus, back into focus parts - all hallmarks of an attempt to get you to believe its real.

Fact is, if you were seeing that you'd move to a completely unobstructed view, not stand still and let it be obscured, You'd also be asking for corroboration from whoever was in earshot. You sure as hell wouldn't play with your focus once you had it clear.

Fake.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Its a balloon that has been filmed in the original footage
I agree it looks like a balloon.

then enhanced by CGI, and the footage has then been added to.

The sequence by the tree, its classic fakery. Designed to add 'authenticity' by showing the object supposedly interacting with the environment.

Similarly with the zoom/out of focus, back into focus parts - all hallmarks of an attempt to get you to believe its real.

Fact is, if you were seeing that you'd move to a completely unobstructed view, not stand still and let it be obscured, You'd also be asking for corroboration from whoever was in earshot. You sure as hell wouldn't play with your focus once you had it clear.

Fake.
I don't find any of these arguments convincing. You're saying the photographer did things that presumably you wouldn't do, like you'd move to a completely unobstructed view. Perhaps you would, but I don't think you can presume everyone else behaves just like you would behave. Remember, this is a guy who was so inept, he couldn't figure out how to add a greater resolution than 240p to youtube, so he's not the brightest bulb. Apparently he never figured it out, it sounds like he finally sent the original video to someone else so they could upload it in higher resolution.

"You sure as hell wouldn't play with your focus once you had it clear.", how do you know it's clear, if you're just looking at a tiny screen on the camera or in a viewfinder where the resolution is not that great? Sometimes I will do just that, if I want to make sure the focus is the best possible, I'll move the focus to a little too near, then move the focus a little too far, and and then aim for the middle between those two. That's the best way I know of to make sure I'm getting the best focus, because it's hard for me to tell if it's in perfect focus without doing that.

Another thing I've noticed is that someone might take a 12 minute video and insert a 20 second CGI UFO, but then they only have to do 20 seconds of CGI. I don't think I've seen a 12 minute CGI hoaxed UFO video, the longer the video the more you have to pay attention to in order to not slip up and show CGI artifacts, which you really haven't described.

He also took still photos with a still camera in addition to the video, not something a CGI artist would typically do. I can't prove a negative, so I can't prove it's not enhanced with CGI somehow, but your reasons why you think it's CGI I think fail to take into account that you're not the photographer and other people may not behave like you would.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
does it ever do any ufo-ish maneuvers? or is it just balloon like the whole time?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join