It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid tracing now tied to your ID. How does this not violate HIPPA?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Covid tracing now tied to your ID. How does this not violate HIPPA?
Oxford, OH (I live in Ohio)

The video speaks for itself. sadly, ppl are too busy virtue signaling to point out the obvious "WTAF" moment here when a cop can run your ID & find out your medical info.

I encourage EVERYONE to look up the April 1st issue (not a joke) of the New England Journal of Medicine in regards to Covid susceptibility & nurses, and caretakers, and ask is THAT the info you've been given? (This is my stance on Covid, just in case anyone is intrested.

/medical courier, been working through this whole "pandemic". You don't "quarantine" healthy people.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

As much as I appreciate the thread. This has been a thing for many many years.
My medical issues have been tracked since just after high school. And I am thankful for this.
You should be too.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I'm not actually. The implications are terrifying.

This isn't diabetes, epilepsy, or any number of ills that someone COULD have that may incapacitate them.

This is a disease that is (mainly) about peer pressure now, with the states' approval.

This is already Orwellian.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Just the fact that healthy people are under quarantine should wake everyone up.

It doesn't though...a large percentage believe every word from the WHO and CDC, etc..

SnF

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

.a large percentage believe every word from the WHO and CDC, etc..

UNLESS, ofc, it goes against the "narrative". THEN it's too be despised & shunned.

It's now time to ignore the CDC

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I encourage EVERYONE to look up the April 1st issue (not a joke) of the New England Journal of Medicine in regards to Covid susceptibility & nurses, and caretakers, and ask is THAT the info you've been given? (This is my stance on Covid, just in case anyone is intrested.

I am interested, so I searched and there is no April 1st issue of the New England Journal of Medicine online.
Issue Index

Do you have a link?

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It does not violate HIPAA because HIPAA has provisions for things like COVID-19.

Today, the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) at the U.S Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued guidance on how covered entities may disclose protected health information (PHI) about an individual who has been infected with or exposed to COVID-19 to law enforcement, paramedics, other first responders, and public health authorities in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy Rule.

www.hhs.gov... dividuals-exposed-to-covid-19.html

This has always been the case when it comes to contagious diseases.

edit on 9/13/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

edit on 13-9-2020 by schadenfreude because: meant to reply

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The answer is simple, it does violate The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. But the communists want to spread the dread and fear of coronavirus, so it fits their agenda. Now, if this was HIV/AIDS, the false narrative rainbow children would be filing lawsuit after lawsuit, and screaming at the sky!

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
It does not violate HIPAA because HIPAA has provisions for things like COVID-19.

Today, the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) at the U.S Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued guidance on how covered entities may disclose protected health information (PHI) about an individual who has been infected with or exposed to COVID-19 to law enforcement, paramedics, other first responders, and public health authorities in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy Rule.

www.hhs.gov...

They (Office for Civil Rights (OCR) at the U.S Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)) can spew what ever trash they want, just show me where Congress has passed a law approving this transgression!

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I would change it too.

Thanks for the link.

edit on 13-9-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

The answer is simple, it does violate The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.
Incorrect.

When first responders may be at risk of infection.A covered entity may disclose PHI to a first responder who may have been exposed to COVID-19, or may otherwise be at riskof contracting or spreading COVID-19, if the covered entity is authorized by law, such as state law, to notify persons as necessary in the conduct of a public health intervention or investigation. For example, HIPAA permits a covered county health department, in accordance with a state law, to disclose PHI to a police officer or other person who may come into contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19, for purposes of preventing or controlling the spread of COVID-19. 45 CFR 164.512(b)(1)(iv)

www.hhs.gov...

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't agree with Phage often but in this case he's 100% right. Laws like this often have someone in charge of administering provisions in the law, in many cases this person is called the "Secretary". I've seen it in many bills & subsequent laws when looking at the language in the bill/law.

In this case the secretary has the ability to modify the requirements of the law based on the circumstances. It may not be a popular decision but it's legal in every way, no matter what someone's opinion is.

Relax guys, they aren't violating their own laws. Welcome to life.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

There are quite a number of updated terms of service coming from cell phone companies also. Most of us do not read them because they consist of thousands of words.

I bet every one of them has some type of language allowing the cell phone companies to trace our locations , and Report various statuses to officials.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

www.hhs.gov...

They (Office for Civil Rights (OCR) at the U.S Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)) can spew what ever trash they want, just show me where Congress has passed a law approving this transgression!

When first responders may be at risk of infection.A covered entity may disclose PHI to a first responder who may have been exposed to COVID-19, or may otherwise be at riskof contracting or spreading COVID-19, if the covered entity is authorized by law, such as state law, to notify persons as necessary in the conduct of a public health intervention orinvestigation. For example, HIPAA permits a covered county health department, in accordance with a state law, to disclose PHI to a police officer or other person who maycome into contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19, for purposes of preventing or controlling the spread of COVID-19. 45 CFR 164.512(b)(1)(iv).

www.hhs.gov...

(iv) A person who may have been exposed to a communicable disease or may otherwise be at risk of contracting or spreading a disease or condition, if the covered entity or public health authority is authorized by law to notify such person as necessary in the conduct of a public health intervention or investigation; or

www.law.cornell.edu...
edit on 9/13/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

It's a form of coercion, period.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The answer is simple, it does violate The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.
Incorrect.

When first responders may be at risk of infection.A covered entity may disclose PHI to a first responder who may have been exposed to COVID-19, or may otherwise be at riskof contracting or spreading COVID-19, if the covered entity is authorized by law, such as state law, to notify persons as necessary in the conduct of a public health intervention or investigation. For example, HIPAA permits a covered county health department, in accordance with a state law, to disclose PHI to a police officer or other person who may come into contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19, for purposes of preventing or controlling the spread of COVID-19. 45 CFR 164.512(b)(1)(iv)

www.hhs.gov...

You have found the golden egg in HIPPA 45 C.F.R. § 164.512(a).
So why can't the HIV/AIDS infected people, that shares community bathrooms, laundry, and food preparation, be tracked and disclosed as well?

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So why can't the HIV/AIDS infected people, that shares community bathrooms, laundry, and food preparation, be tracked and disclosed as well?

They can be, under the same conditions provided under the law. None of which apply to sharing bathrooms, etc.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

They can be, under the same conditions provided under the law. None of which apply to sharing bathrooms, etc.

Oh, I see, it's cafeteria criteria, pick and choose who you want to restrict, and who you want to let loose to infect the population (as long as it fits the agenda of the Red Lectroids, it's ok).
I liked your work in Memphis Belle, Tuskegee Airmen and Interstellar.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join