It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Covid-19 Preparing Us For First Contact?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
astronomy.com...

In a recent article from Astronomy.com researchers from Oxford University have stated that the virus could in some ways be preparing us for first contact. One of the examples they used is that they both are external threats that effect all humans regardless of nationality and race. And another example is the virus brings to light the dilemma of who will decide the policies regarding first contact? The scientists or the politicians? And what about when the scientists don't always agree on the subject....as with the virus?
edit on 8/23/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Well the current situation is the military says they are a threat to our airspace, so shoot first ask questions later, when aliens could be 100% non-violent. So I think that will come up. War vs Peace.

Just for clarification, it's not a conspiracy that covid19 and ET contact are related to eachother, it's just that there's similarities.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

In a recent article from Astronomy.com researchers from Oxford University have stated that the virus could in some ways be preparing us for first contact.

Researchers, sort of. I guess.

Dr Peter Hatfield, from the Department of Physics

Dr Leah Trueblood, from the Department of Law at the University of Oxford

exonews.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Well the current situation is the military says they are a threat to our airspace, so shoot first ask questions later, when aliens could be 100% non-violent. So I think that will come up. War vs Peace.

Just for clarification, it's not a conspiracy that covid19 and ET contact are related to eachother, it's just that there's similarities.

One of the points the researchers brought up is that when we receive an unequivocal message from aliens in outer space .... just who will decide how or if to respond.... and that the virus highlights the fact that it will come down to a choice between scientists or governments and that this is something that mankind as a whole needs to start thinking about.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The points they make are valid and they bring up the problem that important decisions concerning humanity aren't always made by qualified people.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

They are welcome to their opinions. Humans have been through various crises. World Wars. Cold Wars. Economic crashes. All "prep?"

I think the whole idea of "preparation for disclosure" is stupid. Though, thanks to that DeLonge kid and his entertainment factory, it's in the news.

edit on 8/23/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

They are welcome to their opinions. Humans have been through various crises. World Wars. Cold Wars. Economic crashes.

I think the whole idea of "preparation for disclosure" is stupid. Though, thanks to that DeLonge kid, it's in the news.

Well, that settles it then. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Ha!

Flagg A I

A I is prolly 33 chess moves out.....lotsa computing powr....

edit on 24-8-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Ha!

Flagg A I

A I is prolly 33 chess moves out.....lotsa computing powr....

How very cryptic.

Thanks for the bump.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   

One of the points the researchers brought up is that when we receive an unequivocal message from aliens in outer space .... just who will decide how or if to respond

www.bibliotecapleyades.net... cultivos12.htm

I see covid more as first fumigation rather than first contact. Contact got established a long time ago so why don't we know? It is not in their interest.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

One of the points the researchers brought up is that when we receive an unequivocal message from aliens in outer space .... just who will decide how or if to respond

I see covid more as first fumigation rather than first contact. Contact got established a long time ago so why don't we know? It is not in their interest.

Thank goodness I'm on the Do Not Fumigate list.

And actually you make a good point.
Decisions regarding first contact won't be made by either the scientists or the politicians. The decisions will be (or already have been) made by the Powers That Be.... the Bilderberger's, the Bohemian Grove attendees, the unelected one percent that rule the world.
edit on 8/24/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

How do you figure that? Are you one of those on the dark side of the moon pushing this globalist agenda? if so, what kind of life expectancy will you have if you do go off script?

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

The Moon has no dark side.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Phage or Pink Floyd? Who to believe?

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   

How do you figure that? Are you one of those on the dark side of the moon pushing this globalist agenda? if so, what kind of life expectancy will you have if you do go off script?

How did I get on the list?
By submitting the proper forms and paying the filing fee.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: kwakakev

The Moon has no dark side.
Obviously you've never seen the moon drunk.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I assume you are human. Covid-19 is just the first wave. The technology is available to shut it down, it is the political will that is lacking and instead trying to establish a global control grid.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I assume you are human. Covid-19 is just the first wave. The technology is available to shut it down, it is the political will that is lacking and instead trying to establish a global control grid.

That's right....it's decisions being .made by politicians based on their own agendas rather than scientific knowledge. And it's reasonable to assume that this is how decisions regarding first contact with aliens will be made as well.
Which was the point of the article.

And as for your assumption that I'm human...I can neither confirm or deny your assumption.
But I can tell you that Captcha trips me up everytime. Darn your earth technology!

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

Decisions regarding first contact won't be made by either the scientists or the politicians. The decisions will be (or already have been) made by the Powers That Be.... the Bilderberger's, the Bohemian Grove attendees, the unelected one percent that rule the world.

Actually, first contact will be decided by the aliens themselves.

Consider:

They are the ones who will decide to make themselves accessible to us by revealing their presence.

Once that decision has been made, they will also be the ones to determine the nature, and extent, of their contact.

Assuming that they have no knowledge of our culture or geopolitics, there is no reason to believe that their first contact would be directed toward, or limited to, either our scientific or political hierarchies.

And, conversely, if we assume that, because any alien race initiating contact with humanity must be advanced enough to have studied our civilization before initiating contact, we must also expect that they would be cognizant of the potential harm limiting their contact to specific subsets of our civilization could cause: disruption and competition within our established social groups.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

Actually, first contact will be decided by the aliens themselves.

Consider:

They are the ones who will decide to make themselves accessible to us by revealing their presence.

Once that decision has been made, they will also be the ones to determine the nature, and extent, of their contact.

Assuming that they have no knowledge of our culture or geopolitics, there is no reason to believe that their first contact would be directed toward, or limited to, either our scientific or political hierarchies.

And, conversely, if we assume that, because any alien race initiating contact with humanity must be advanced enough to have studied our civilization before initiating contact, we must also expect that they would be cognizant of the potential harm limiting their contact to specific subsets of our civilization could cause: disruption and competition within our established social groups.

Finally...a voice of reason. You're right, of course.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join