It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

more evidence hydroxychloroquine does not prevent getting covid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
now trump is looking into leandrin from the oleander plant thehill.com... all parts of the plant are poisonous..if a child ate 1 leaf it would kill them.....the pillow guy mr lindel is pushing this with NO PROOF
CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Tuesday slammed MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, an ardent President Trump supporter, for pushing an unproven therapeutic treatment for coronavirus, sales of which could benefit him.

“You really are a snake oil salesman. I mean, you could be in the Old West standing on a box telling people to drink your amazing elixir that there's no proof [of],” Cooper told Lindell in an interview.

Lindell is pushing oleandrin as a potential therapeutic for COVID-19. Last week, he was added to the board of Phoenix Biotechnology, which makes oleandrin, receiving a financial stake in the company, CNN reported.

a reply to: RickyD

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Your OP is about HCQ and the zinc z-pak combo and some such purported evidence it doesn't work...even though many actual doctors disagree with that. My reply was intended to vlear up the how and why for another poster. If you'd like to talk about my source or your study cool...if you wanna make another bash Trump thread about whatever it is you just wrote go for it...I might even stop by.

Until then you have anything related to thethread you made to discus or are you only interested in orange man bad?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
how about YOU get a clue the president took the drug for 2 weeks ( so he says) to prevent getting the covid 19 he said NOTHING about taking it with zinc or anything else...........so that is what the comparison they did and looked at people who have been on it for a while...they used the presidents EXACT words.........and let me be very clear....if a democrat came out with this CRAP I would be complaining just as much

originally posted by: JourneyAbout

But no z-pack and zinc as the protocol suggests, correct?

Show me some studies with that.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Also the article you linked had no link to the actual study that I saw, but it is obvious by reading it that article that they only looked at people taking HCQ alone not as the doctors are saying to use in combination with z-pack and zinc...so its not even relevant...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Does it matter...Trump isn't prescribing anything. The doctors who are know what they're doing and would be the ones to treat a patient not Trump. So whats your point other than Trump man bad?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
again they did that because that was president trumps exact words he took the drug and nothing else to prevent getting covid...... so they looked at people who have been on the drug for a while...if it was true what the prez says there would have been a lot less people catching it than didn't catch it

originally posted by: RickyD

Also the article you linked had no link to the actual study that I saw, but it is obvious by reading it that article that they only looked at people taking HCQ alone not as the doctors are saying to use in combination with z-pack and zinc...so its not even relevant...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
yes it DOES matter many people believe everything coming out of trumps mouth like it is gospel truth....so will these people go looking for oleander plants or oleander extracts......oleander is dangerous, it is poisonous

Does it matter...Trump isn't prescribing anything. The doctors who are know what they're doing and would be the ones to treat a patient not Trump. So whats your point other than Trump man bad?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Does it matter what he said...for all I know he had other things on his mind and remembered the hcq partand not the z-pack and zinc part. In any case it doesn't matter as he isn't the one treating patients and prescribing the meds.

So basically this all boils down to bash trump and who cares how many lives could be saved by this treatment.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Your OP isn't about oleander...try to stay on topic...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
now trump is looking into leandrin from the oleander plant thehill.com... all parts of the plant are poisonous..if a child ate 1 leaf it would kill them.....the pillow guy mr lindel is pushing this with NO PROOF
CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Tuesday slammed MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, an ardent President Trump supporter, for pushing an unproven therapeutic treatment for coronavirus, sales of which could benefit him.

“You really are a snake oil salesman. I mean, you could be in the Old West standing on a box telling people to drink your amazing elixir that there's no proof [of],” Cooper told Lindell in an interview.

Lindell is pushing oleandrin as a potential therapeutic for COVID-19. Last week, he was added to the board of Phoenix Biotechnology, which makes oleandrin, receiving a financial stake in the company, CNN reported.

a reply to: RickyD

So on page 2 we learn that this thread isn't about the thread title, to the shock of nobody reading, it's about Trump.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
YES because trump only took the drug and nothing else so they compared people who were already on the drug for other reasons to see if it panned out like TRUMP said in his own words...he took the drug and didn't catch the covid (inferring that the drug prevented him from catching it)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
yes it DOES matter many people believe everything coming out of trumps mouth like it is gospel truth.

Where are these people? How many have harmed themselves or died blindly following Trump's words? My tally is zero. Contrary the the leftist hive-mind way of thinking, we consider his words then do our own research. The hazards of HCQ are minimal to nonexistent with decades of use as evidence to support. So far there's no definitive answer, but some studies indicate that it helps. The biggest question is why the left keeps screaming DON'T LOOK AT THAT IT DOESN'T WORK!!! Considering how much they despise conservatives, it can't be because they care about us.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
stop moving the goal post and just be honest

Does it matter what he said...for all I know he had other things on his mind and remembered the hcq partand not the z-pack and zinc part. In any case it doesn't matter as he isn't the one treating patients and prescribing the meds.

So basically this all boils down to bash trump and who cares how many lives could be saved by this treatment.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The goalposts are right were they began...Trump can say what he said all day long...that doesn't mean the combo of meds doctors are talking about doesn't work. Is this all about Trump man bad or is this about a treatment doctors are saying can save lives?

If your thread is just about Trump man bad I'll see my way out...if you'd like to discussthe merits of the treatment honestly you're going to have to cut out the Trump man bad nonsense. What's more important to YOU, bashing trump or the lives of ordinary people who need medical help with Covid?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Honestly I do my research on the doctor not the treatment... I could read for days about treatments and still not really understand or have any grounds to choose one with my knowledge...but I can determine the quality and thoroughness of the doctor I choose to treat me. I would imagine most people who care do similar...and those who don't...well they didn't care in the first place so they get what they get.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Mate, this is the Daily Fail newspaper 😐

Doesn't always mean everything is wrong in it, just most of the stuff that matters. I ignorantly read it for years, that's how i know.
edit on 19-8-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Ah , Doctors Prescribe Patients Hydroxychloroquine AFTER they are Confirmed to have COVID-19 Little Girl , it was Never Claimed to be a Preventive .Geez.......

edit on 19-8-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

It has been claimed that it can be used prophylacticly because of the way the combination interacts. Flooding cells with zinc hinders the viruses ability to replicate which can keep you from getting it as well as making it much less severe if you do. Its not 100% though, however its cheap and as long as you don't have any of the conditions that HCQ or Z-Pack couse problems with you could use it before you get sick. If you google it there should be plenty of sources to read about those claims. None have any peer reviewed studies proving it yet, but many such studies are underway at the moment I think.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Every thread i,ve read on here about Hydroxy have been all about Trump and peoples hated of him, Me i,ve not a horse in the race , I,m from Scotland but can see whats going on very clearly, Forget about Trump and think about the life,s that could be saved, Your sad individuals putting your dislike of a man before people,s health

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: JourneyAbout

But no z-pack and zinc as the protocol suggests, correct?

Show me some studies with that.

Why haven't these combinations cured the common cold (also a coronavirus) with it yet, then?

And since Zinc is normally part of the schedule of medications and vitamins given for lupus and arthritis, I would imagine that they are included in the statistics.

Vitamin & Mineral Deficiencies Associated With Lupus - Healthfully

Zinc Deficiency And Rheumatoid Arthritis - AbableArthritis

Why I Prescribe Antibiotics To Patients With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, And Other Autoimmune Diseases - ProHealth

... and Z-pack is a common antibiotic, many of these people in the study may also have had infections treated with this, although it wasn't the subject of this particular study, which showed that HCQ does not significantly prevent COVID-19.

Perhaps this is, instead, a case of desperate and uncritical people buying snake oil from a renowned salesman?

When I feel a cold coming on I start taking Zinc. It usually lessens the symptoms greatly and reduces the amount of time I have symptoms. Zicam is pushed by the pharms as an almost total cold eliminator. Guess what the active ingredient is? Zinc. For a fourth of the price of Zicam I get the same dose of generic Zinc. The point is, the naysayers for HCQ are basing their arguments on partial studies, un-reviewed or completely biased testing when most of us have seen studies in the press (buried, usually) that prove the combination of HCQ, Zpak and Zinc are indeed successful in many cases. But those aren't going to make the big pharms rich so they are ignored or worse.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join