It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleveland Clinic and Case Western to host first presidential debate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

“We are honored to host this presidential debate at our shared Health Education Campus,” Cleveland Clinic CEO and President Tom Mihaljevic, M.D., and Case Western Reserve University President Barbara R. Snyder said in a joint statement on Monday.

“This pandemic has highlighted the critical importance of health care and scientific discovery in unprecedented ways. To have the presidential candidates discuss these issues in our innovative learning space represents a tremendous opportunity for both institutions – and our entire region.”

fox8.com...

Cleveland Clinic and Case Western to host first presidential debate

I was beginning to think there would be no debates. With just 12-1/2 weeks to go before the election, we need to see vigorous debates with both candidates addressing the issues we all care about.

I hope the debates cover more than just the pandemic. We need tough questions thrown at both candidates. We pretty much know where President Trump stands on the issues. He's transparent and vocal and has been out there doing lengthy interviews.

But, Basement Biden has been scarce in appearances and information.

I'm looking forward to this debate. Will you be tuning in? How do you think it will go? Tough questions to Trump...soft questions to Biden?
edit on 27-7-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Well thats good news though September 29th seems like a long time away

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It does to me, too. But, at least there's one scheduled unless some "emergency" pops up to stop it. The DNC has two months to come up with a major distraction to cancel it.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Third "wave", COVID + FLU

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Oh yes we will be tuning in, I suspect ratings that will dwarf anything, EVER.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Oh yes we will be tuning in, I suspect ratings that will dwarf anything, EVER.

Now that will be entertainment. Not sure if it will be a Drama or a Comedy though.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Will be tuning in from Australia or watching the replay.

This promises to be hilarious...or sad....or both. Either way, it will be worth watching!

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Laughable

There will not be a debate. No way in hell will the disgusting dEms and their anti American puppet masters allow that imbecile to debate on live tv with President Trump.
Their tiny, dwindling support base will all but vanish.

I predict this will not go ahead.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I do so hope you are wrong about that. This is one year we really need to hear from the Democratic candidate. People of all stripes have huge doubts about Biden. We need to see with our own two eyes how he holds his own. We need to hear with our own two ears what he really stands for.

We need the hosts to ask him tough questions.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I’m certainly looking forward to this, but definitely not because I’m excited about either one. I said it in another thread, but I’m taking the day off the following day because I’m making a drinking game out of it. I’ll make a rule chart and put it in it’s own thread as we get closer. Maybe a few of us can get a Zoom meeting going so we can take a break from bashing each other on here and have some laughs?

I predict Biden will try to remain as posed and respectful as possible, but once Trump gets a few zingers in there, Biden’s going to start snapping his fingers with one hand while whipping out his spring-loaded switchcomb with the other.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Breakthestreak

We need the hosts to ask him tough questions.

THOSE lying dog-faced pony soldiers!? Why should he even bother?

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Highly unlikely.
I think the absolute number ONE priority for the dEms right now is to ensure that biden never has to debate the President under any circumstances.
I can see why that’s important to them too.

If the debates go ahead, they will be corrupted beyond belief.

It is FACT that hilary clinton was given the debate questions in advance in 2016. And she lost miserably. She even lost the debate she was coached for.

This candidate is weak even compared to that old fascist bigot hilary clinton, so I wouldn’t hold my breath.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

I will wet my pants if Joe turns on Trump and calls him a "lyin' dog-faced pony soldier".

A drinking game? How about a shot every time Biden mentions his "blue collar" roots or drops BO's name.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Too me they scheduled so close to the election as they won't be able to reschedule if something comes up. Of course there ought to be a VP debate too

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I think there is a VP debate scheduled. At the bottom of the article I posted in the OP it lists one for Oct. 7th at the University of Utah.

Maybe Biden will have one picked out by then.

edit on 27-7-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Imagine the hilarity of Biden challenging President Trump to a push-up contest. Or randomly blabbering on about kids and his hairy legs, with a random "so I learned about roaches" tossed in there. Though I do wonder if that roaches comment was intentional as a way to single out a certain demographic in a racist kind of way.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

So VP Pence vs Corn Pop? This one should be good. I'm gonna have to stock up on snacks for it.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I think there is a VP debate scheduled. At the bottom of the article I posted in the OP it lists one for Oct. 7th at the University of Utah.

I was just going to point out the same thing; there is no VP at this time.

Vice presidential debate: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 The University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT

Who will it be? Inquiring minds want to know.

These debates will be golden and provide some laughs for sure.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow

I was just going to point out the same thing; there is no VP at this time.

Vice presidential debate: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 The University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT

These debates will be golden and provide some laughs for sure.

Biden is supposedly announcing his VP pick next month at the 2020 Democratic National Convention.

edit on 2772020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Between August 17 and August 20th, we should know. That's when the Democratic National Convention is scheduled.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join