It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Ellen's Not A Nice Person But She Plays One On Tv

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm sure we've all seen the news about mean Ellen DeGeneres... about how each day she picks a different employee to be mean to, she ignores low priority guests before the show, guests not allowed to look her in the eye, employees not allowed to talk to her backstage....etc. etc....whatever.
I don't mean to be insensitive or... God forbid...politically incorrect...but my experience with Ellen (through the magic of television) is that when my mother died I was grief stricken. I had no siblings and my mother and I had lived under the same roof for over 50 years....first as a child, and then with my late husband and children. So I was pretty inconsolable. But the one thing I could count on in my effort to overcome my grief was that by watching Ellen's show I was guaranteed to laugh out loud at least once a day five days a week. She got me through my grief. And I've heard many other people say the same thing.
Personally I love it when she makes her famous guests look foolish (usually by scaring the crap out of them) and I love it when she puts them on the spot by asking "forbidden" questions or brings up "forbidden" subjects. And she's genuinely funny. And I really don't want anyone to take her away from me.

So my message to her put upon employees....man up, suck it up and get over it. The joy she brings to the world out weighs the trauma her employees are being paid to endure.
So go ahead. Have at me. Tell me how wrong I am... but just don't take my Ellen away from me.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

She’s a lesbian. So she’s not going anywhere.

Haven’t you seen our society lately?

Any person that is considered outside the norm — is infallible.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

She’s a lesbian. So she’s not going anywhere.

Haven’t you seen our society lately?

Any person that is considered outside the norm — is infallible.

what is the norm? trump?

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

So it doesn’t matter how many people have to suffer as long as you feel superficially better from it?

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So somebody who treats people like # is ok as long is it makes you laugh and entertains you?

Noted

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
So somebody who treats people like # is ok as long is it makes you laugh and entertains you?

Noted

I guess they won’t mind if I use the same argument for Trump then.

It doesn’t matter how many people he hurts, I like the memes, so. . . Trump2020.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Doesn’t surprise me me bit this news

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The news hasn't surprised me a bit. I've always thought the woman had a dark-side. I doubt you'll be doing without her though. She's one of the untouchables...for now anyway.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Sorry for your losses. You have a memory of sharing the Ellen show with your mother and laughing. That's a precious memory and you have attached it to a specific entertainer. I can understand that. But, in actuality, it is the shared experience that you love and cling to. Ellen is just the trigger.

If you had watched Wheel of Fortune every afternoon with her, you would probably have a special love for Vanna or Pat Sajak. You don't know the real people, but it is the memory attached to them that you know so well. I do get it.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Perhaps Human Resources should inform prospective employees that part of their job description will include tolerating Ellen's mean behavior. That way they can make a truly informed decision about whether the job is for them or not.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Sorry for your losses. You have a memory of sharing the Ellen show with your mother and laughing. That's a precious memory and you have attached it to a specific entertainer. I can understand that. But, in actuality, it is the shared experience that you love and cling to. Ellen is just the trigger.

If you had watched Wheel of Fortune every afternoon with her, you would probably have a special love for Vanna or Pat Sajak. You don't know the real people, but it is the memory attached to them that you know so well. I do get it.

Actually I don't believe I ever watched Ellen with my mother. It wasn't her 'cup of, tea', so to speak.
And Wheel of Fortune? Now I'm insulted.
edit on 7/21/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Your message to the employees is to man up and suck it up ? I should go back to work give my employees attitude in my company and take your advice when they complain , just say "suck it up "

You're mother would be so proud to see what you've become today .....

p.s - Ellen isn't funny , attractive nor a decent human being. Just another liberal clown exploiting and pretending to be caring. People like you are the cancer of society . The rare time i see ellen's face on the news. I don't see joy i see evil.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Noted

Well, not if it's just me...but if it's me and say...five other people, then yeah, it's ok.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Noted

I guess they won’t mind if I use the same argument for Trump then.

It doesn’t matter how many people he hurts, I like the memes, so. . . Trump2020.

I guess I'm just more of a "results" oriented person.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Ellen has one person close to her and that is herself. No one else matters only her and her show ( read money).
Remember Dr Phil, he wasn´t nice after all...

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

ELLEN didn't make you laugh...her comedy WRITERS made you laugh.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Who is Ellen Degenerate?

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

lol...I sure didn't mean to insult you. I was just saying that you have a memory of comfort that is attached to watching the Ellen show and you have transferred that sense of comfort to the personality. And, I get it.

Wheel of Fortune insults you? I get that, too.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Actually I don't believe I ever watched Ellen with my mother. It wasn't her 'cup of, tea', so to speak.

Wonder why ?
Wisdom of the ages ?
Most likely.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Perhaps Human Resources should inform prospective employees that part of their job description will include tolerating Ellen's mean behavior. That way they can make a truly informed decision about whether the job is for them or not.

Or she could just not be a raging, elitist, entitled сцит.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join