It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID Disease Respects The Lord's Day of Rest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Got a "Huh?" question for anyone willing to try to logically explain it. Death doesn't recognize holidays or days off, ya? So why is it that, as consistent as clockwork, COVID deaths are always at their lowest each week on Sunday?
www.worldometers.info...
Now we're not talking about new cases here, which could theoretically be explained by the fact that fewer non-emergency medical offices are open, folks tend to muscle through illness on the weekend, etc... but deaths? It seems to me like people are going to die when their bodies shut down on them, which makes a steady, consistent valley of deaths every Sunday since this began seem very curious to me.

FYI, I am looking at the " Daily New Deaths in the United States " interactive stick graph at the bottom of the list of graphs shown on the link above.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It is probably a statistical quirk...and Saturday, not Sunday, is the Lord's day of rest. I expect a lot of death cert's get timed early Monday, when the victim died late Sunday night.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

😂😂😂😂 all depends on what cult leader you follow I guess.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'd bet its an issue with when someone will answer the phone to sign a paper.

But its indicative of a larger problem....we have # for statistics to base any judgements on. The homeless thing has become a real mess of a question, as it seems that no one really tracks homeless illness. Which seems kind of dumb from a public health standpoint...we should have demographics broken down by socioeconomics so we can decide about stuff like how to address this public healthcare debate (among other things, like tracking pandemics among populations we leave exposed for the sake of running live petri dishes it seems).

The one thing standing out to me right now is that death statistics are newly being ignored for infection rates. Which is about as honest as discussing "gun deaths" rather than "murder rate" when talking about gun control. Its like we have moved the goalposts because the story wasn't telling the needed narrative. And worse...if you go get tested 5 different times to see if you are clear of an active asymptomatic case....each of those tests is recorded as a unique event for the purpose of reporting.

None of this was set up to gather meaningful data. It was set up to gather damning evidence. Its why when Texas sees its worst spike a couple of weeks ago, we suddently find that several small communities had everyone just posted as a (false) positive. Lord knows how many other false positives no one even looked for. How about the folks who scheduled a test but didn't show who still got a confirmation of a positive test?

I do data for fun. Its my career, but i enjoy it. And i've gone looking for some numbers and have found that they are nearly impossible to find. You might find what you are looking for in one area, but find that its not being measured the same in another area (like if you want to compare US rate to the global rates). Or you might find no one has bothered to even look at the data to begin with. I know that were I building a report/analysis to run my business from, the data available would not fit my needs in that regard.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

That would make more sense if Mondays saw a major spike, which they don't.

I dunno... this strikes me as being very curious.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Probably less people working = less reported deaths. Some countries report less cases on weekends because they simply have less people doing the tests.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It looks to peak on Wed. and Thursday. I think it is just reporting times. Over the weekend, there is not as much reporting deaths going on, so it takes till mid week to get caught up. No spike on Mondays, but an incline through Wed..

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Everyone recovering from the previous day's hangover so no one wants to go to the doc or get out the house.

Though, if you look at the trend, it does kind of act like a typical city week. People start going out more on Thursdays, peak Friday and Saturday and right back down to the drull on Sunday.. The horror day of going back to work on Monday.

Internet traffic and Online Game traffic does this as well.

I realized this by a few different games I've played over the years as well as playing with Crypto. When I sold stuff in game, I knew it would be best buying between Wed - Saturday and selling those same items for higher on Sunday and Monday. Sounds backwards but you have more people to buy and sell to at the end of the week vs Sunday and Monday where no one sells anything and it's all priced on demand.

edit on 13-7-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Everyone recovering from the previous day's hangover so no one wants to go to the doc or get out the house.

These aren't new cases, they're DEATHS. Now, if laziness and/or a hangover is the cure for death, please pass me some hooch and direct me to the nearest Lay-Z-Boy and I'm good for the next several hundred years.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

That would make more sense if Mondays saw a major spike, which they don't.

I dunno... this strikes me as being very curious.

Great point.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Unless worldometer and other tracking sites have access to death certificate data and use it, it's likely that has something to do with it.

edit on 7/13/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The data comes from each state's official health department portal, per Worldmeters. I'm sure they aren't getting death certificates, but they are using each state's government-issued daily numbers.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It's not a US-specific issue, either...

Brazil

Curiously, Monday's seem to be the day COVID takes a rest in
Mexico
and
Russia

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Right. So report date rather than date of death.

Just ran this for Texas. From the state's data.

edit on 7/13/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Reporting just simply doesn't take place daily throughout the data reporting and collection system. If you look at daily charts, the pattern is super consistent qith the ups & downs.

Best to view the 7-Day moving average.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Right. So report date rather than date of death.

Just ran this for Texas. From the state's data.

Ah Monday the lords day...

Oh and followed by Taco Tuesday of course!

top topics

join