It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Places More Restrictions on Religion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I feel like this belongs in a political forum, but whatever.

So California has placed more restrictions on religion.

Apparently, despite allowing protestors to scream and shout and get in people's faces they want to ban choirs and congregations from singing, and reduce attendance to 25%.

www.cnn.com...

Offering plates and other items that are passed amongst each other are also banned.

ktla.com...

www.sacbee.com...

www.fresnobee.com...

Right leaning sources.

www.foxnews.com...

Holy books, prayer rugs, hymn books not allowed to be shared.

www.fox10tv.com... c02-8c82-5e52-8701-5dbcf21cb239.html
edit on 372020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 372020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

They could limit interaction that can cause the spread of the virus, or they could just close the churches again, like they've closed the bars.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The heathens finally have their dream come true. They get to relentlessly kick Christians to the curb under an umbrella of legitimacy, even though it is not legitimate by virtue of their own hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Yeah that sucks, and makes no sense.

I know this might be different then church services but You can go protest outside but you can;t be at a beach? which is outside??

there i sno logic bing displayed in this. I mean the more and more people look at this its started to sound like this is a political virus.

These rules make no sense.

If you want to hold an event outside you can;t in some states but if you want to protest outside you can? what is the difference. Supposedly the virus can;t tell the difference right??

virus doeesn;t effect protestors.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

They could limit interaction that can cause the spread of the virus, or they could just close the churches again, like they've closed the bars.

I don't care all that much about the religious aspect, as I'm not a religious person, but this still seems stupid.

I personally don't care that they've closed bars as I don't go to bars.

The difference is that limiting a person's ability to practice their religion is limiting a person's right to practice the 1st Amendment.

Limiting a person's ability to go out and drink at a bar doesn't limit a person's ability to practice any of the rights set in the Constitution.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
The heathens finally have their dream come true. They get to relentlessly kick Christians to the curb under an umbrella of legitimacy, even though it is not legitimate by virtue of their own hypocrisy.

Well according to the articles and guidelines this applies to all religions. No choirs singing in churches, no calls to prayer in mosques, no chanting in temples. Nada.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

All based on stats and likeliness it seems.

People aren't seen as people in the eyes of government that gets too big. They don't take into consideration of a simple human concept, common sense.

How often is someone going to give their prayer rug to some random stranger?

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

Yeah that sucks, and makes no sense.

I know this might be different then church services but You can go protest outside but you can;t be at a beach? which is outside??

there i sno logic bing displayed in this. I mean the more and more people look at this its started to sound like this is a political virus.

These rules make no sense.

If you want to hold an event outside you can;t in some states but if you want to protest outside you can? what is the difference. Supposedly the virus can;t tell the difference right??

virus doeesn;t effect protestors.

Geffen said it best.

Recall what he replied when Kurt Cobain asked him to have someone whacked?

He said ‘people will forget about these things...’

part 2

Which means that without media prompting of the pathological contradictions
implicit, and explicit, within the ‘protests’, we will forget about
the feces they heaped on our plates, while ‘they’ will aim the ‘virus’ issues at their ideological foes.
Steer it where they will, which is their most salient power.

Since we ‘will forget about’ the egregious lies and ommisions about the politically weaponized scam,
we will be force-fed, or savor like sex, some more, even tastier fecal matter.
See
At least we get a choice, if only by way of perceptions...
but do choose wisely.

part 3

I mean, that’s one way to get the taste of it off of the pallet.
Make it even worse than the last dose. We’ll doubtless thank them.
For protecting us, keeping us safe.

‘People will forget about these things’.

He is saying that ‘history belongs to the victor’.

This is a threshold moment.

# 1129

edit on 3-7-2020 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

extra DIV

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I'm sick of the "protests" and self-victimization. It's "social justice" coopted by white supremacists and political agitators. Black people are getting smart about it though. There are more and more black people questioning why there are white people trying to run the show and trying to be the voice of black people. They're getting tired of the white celebrities and politicians and corporations using their platform for gain.

All in all though it's just bunch of immature adults and teens who can't communicate effectively and resort to screaming profanities at one another thinking the loudest voice is the winner and throwing tantrums, stomping feet and destroying property.

Nothing intellectual about it at all. It's people letting their emotions get taken advantage of.
edit on 372020 by AutomateThis1 because: They=/=There

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Bars are my church. I present myself at the alter, take my sacrament, confess my sins, forgive trespassers, commune with fellows, sing karaoke hymns, high on the spirit, pay my tithes and leave a penance payment to boot.

They took my religion from me!

edit on 3-7-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Pretty solid argument. I wouldn't argue with that. Create a god or recycle an old one, get some people on board and make a case to your representatives.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
dbl 1130

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The Supreme Court ruled in May that covid-19 restrictions related to churches and religion are okay.

www.natlawreview.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

This is pretty much my message this July 4th!

If you cancel your 4th of July plans because the government is forcing you to, then you are missing the whole point of Independence Day!

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Seperate church and state.

Then systematically remove church.

Religion is toxic, and has no place in society.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
Limiting a person's ability to go out and drink at a bar doesn't limit a person's ability to practice any of the rights set in the Constitution.

Said the person who doesn't have a concept of what Rights actually are, or you would recognize your statement for the absurdity it is.
edit on 3-7-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

This is pretty much my message this July 4th!

If you cancel your 4th of July plans because the government is forcing you to, then you are missing the whole point of Independence Day!

abso-bloody-lootley fan-bloody-tastic comment
and on that note
to each and all of you mob
Happy 4th of July
be safe and enjoy your day people of the USA
i'll crack a coldie or 3 in your honour this day

[/

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

Said the person who doesn't have a concept of what Rights actually are, or you would recognize your statement for the absurdity it is.

Educate me then. Otherwise your statement is purely trite in nature.

Go on. I'm willing to change my stance if you are able to convince me that I'm erroneous.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Justices Ginsburg, Breyer, Kagan and Sotomayor

Color me surprised.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So much for being cultural...so I guess L.A loses it sales pitch, city of Angel's.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join