It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monday morning quarterbacking Minnesota's decision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So I hope we are in a space where we can look at the fateful decision by Mayor Fry and the police chief to leave the 3rd precint. I was reminded what a tough decision this was by the police chief of minneapolic holding a press conference today.

press conference

The police chief was actually asked this very question of who made the call to evacute the 3rd precint? The police chief responded by saying that call was made because the number one priority was preserving human life.

To set the scene, the 3rd preceint was outnumber with protestors/rioters filling the streets, also many flash points were going across the city as well buildings on fire looting. The police chief basically said in this press conference that there was no probable way to hold the 3rd precint without blood being spilled.

WHat I would like to know from ATS members is what would have been you're decison if you were the poice chief or mayor? I know looking back I was totally against evacuting the 3rd precint. But now its given me something to think about, as I think they said they only had one fatality that night. which is remarkable if you think about that fact as there was lawlessness going on. law enforecment not responding to 911 calls. and also they met their obkective and priotity with preserving life. But also some have said and speculated that this was the Catalyst for the widespread buring and looting across the country.

So again what would you have done ?

edit on 10-6-2020 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Unless it’s the guy from Planet Express, I think you mean Frey...

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What purpose would there be for the police to hold there ground? Unless there was something in the building needing protection the police action was correct. A destroyed building can be rebuilt. A human life cannot. A life is more important.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I would've held down the police station . Not because it has value . But to show i'm not a coward democrat to run .

it would be held down with rubber bullets , pepper spray , and other non lethal means of holding down the fort.

Soon as it got violent and they started assaulting officers. There would be mass arrests .

Had they continuted to push the police station . They would get 3 loud speaker warnings that deadly force was authortized ...

Then BOOM. take out two of the loudest. rest will run away like cockroaches.

Its pretty simple.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Cmajlz

Your house can also be rebuilt and everything in there can be replaced.

I'm sure you wouldn't mind if me and my friends came by and robbed it in the name of george....

i mean it can be rebuilt. a human life cannot.

I'm sure you will keep your door open with a big welcome sign . I mean you wouldn't shoot me for some material possesions in your home right

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
WHat I would like to know from ATS members is what would have been you're decison if you were the poice chief or mayor?

APCS, body armor, live ammo, and German Shepherds surrounding any business and any resident that requested protection would have been my decision. Protests stay between the gutterlines entirely or snip gets real.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky

I would've held down the police station . Not because it has value . But to show i'm not a coward democrat to run .

it would be held down with rubber bullets , pepper spray , and other non lethal means of holding down the fort.

Soon as it got violent and they started assaulting officers. There would be mass arrests .

Had they continuted to push the police station . They would get 3 loud speaker warnings that deadly force was authortized ...

Its pretty simple.

Ummmm NO

That would be a very bad idea dude.
They would not run away like you think. Maybe to get cover then move in and now after that hits the news every major city will implode.

Ya great idea.....

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: seedofchucky

Its pretty simple.

Ummmm NO

That would be a very bad idea dude.
They would not run away like you think. Maybe to get cover then move in and now after that hits the news every major city will implode.

Ya great idea.....

You were running away over some former military dude threatening to beat you up, but you think your pals are going to deal with live ammo?

These are the LARPers that scream about "war crimes" when they get a whiff of pepper spray.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I would have rigged the whole place with explosives and as soon as they all got inside...BOOM goes the dynamite!

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cmajlz
What purpose would there be for the police to hold there ground? Unless there was something in the building needing protection the police action was correct. A destroyed building can be rebuilt. A human life cannot. A life is more important.

Pretty sure there was.

Think about all the evidence that was destroyed in that building. Many criminals will likely never be prosecuted for letting it be destroyed. Not just that but the message it sends that it is ok to destroy a police precinct sets a horrible precedent.

You think people won't be destroying police precincts the next time there is a riot?

If the cops took a firm defensive stance I am pretty sure they could have saved the precinct without much loss of life. Teargas, bean bags, and other non lethals are actually very good at dispersing crowds.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
I would have rigged the whole place with explosives and as soon as they all got inside...BOOM goes the dynamite!

Ah...did you ever watch much Mcgyver?

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Leave town and watch it burn.

This is what the town council and "leadership" want.

The citizens of the city voted them into office, so ultimately the decision was in the hands of the electorate. Let the electorate have what they voted for.

Pretty simple, really. I feel for the people in town who did not vote for incompetent fools, but that's the way it works.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

It is not what you want to hear, and I am sure you won't believe me, but somewhere in one of the threads in ATS, I replied to a similar post a long time ago, and addressed this issue.

I have been around for sixty-seven years, and have nothing in my home, including my home, that is worth the life of a person. Even if I feel that the person is low life, scum.

If you came and stole material possessions from me and did not threaten my life or the life of my loved ones, you can have the pre landfill stuff. I am not going to kill someone that just takes my stuff.

The question that creates the issue here is, where am I, or where are my loved ones while you are making the attempt to destroy or loot my home?

Now, if you can loot my home without creating a fear of harm to me and my loved ones, I would be extremely angry. I would be calling the police and the insurance company, and I would be thanking God that all I lost was stuff.

If I felt that another's life was in jeopardy, and that your attack was against the life of another, then I would consider your life forfeit.

Of course, this is just how I feel about it, and I would be willing to take my chances in a court of law. I was told by a police officer once, after my house was broken into, "It is better to be judged by 12, than carried by six". I agree with him.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

They will run like cockroaches . These are lefties .. aka weak , pathetic , hippies. They don't have the courage to die for their cause , Its just a fad to them .

I would want it to implode , so other cities and like minded terrorist get the hint . I want everyone of them to know . You hurt my officers . You are going to be dealt with . Simple.....

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

"If you came and stole material possessions from me and did not threaten my life or the life of my loved ones, you can have the pre landfill stuff. I am not going to kill someone that just takes my stuff"

Its not about possessions its about principals. You've worked hard to aquire your belongings. Nobody should have the right to just come take it ... If this is the case. I should be able to walk into a bank and rob them . Aslong as i don't harm anyone ... according to your logic ... That's okay right ? Since money is easily replaced .....

"The question that creates the issue here is, where am I, or where are my loved ones while you are making the attempt to destroy or loot my home?"

If you aren't home. you'll simply call 911 let them investigate and find them . Regardless. i'm sure you won't just "let it go "

"Now, if you can loot my home without creating a fear of harm to me and my loved ones, I would be extremely angry. I would be calling the police and the insurance company, and I would be thanking God that all I lost was stuff."

Fantastic . Just give me your address , i'll head over with my buddies and a moving truck . We will politely empty your house and not harm anyone . Then you can call police and insurance after we leave and every buddy wins !!! I'll be back next year tho and will repeat the process since things can be replaced.....

"Of course, this is just how I feel about it, and I would be willing to take my chances in a court of law. I was told by a police officer once, after my house was broken into, "It is better to be judged by 12, than carried by six". I agree with him.
"

Yes and you allowing them to so easily rob you and people like you , tells them its easy to rob people. Just don't harm them. take there stuff and go . Keep coming back every few months to rob them over and over . aslong as you don't harm them .. you are cool to steal !!

yes.... this is what we need more of .

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

Thats the End of that Town........

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Actually its just the start. Once companies and citizens see the mayor doesn't put up with bs and isn't a push over. They will all come as its a secure place to live and do business...

hell if i was a citizen , i will want to stay in a town where the mayor isn't pushed over by liberal clowns

new topics

top topics

join