It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saucer in a Thunderstorm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Interesting video in the MUFON site. If it is CGI, the guy gets points for subtlety. Toronto, Canada on 6/3/2020.
www.mufoncms.com...

Here are some stills. The witness said the storm was about 15 miles away, so if it's a ship, it's a big one.

edit on 9-6-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Is there a video so we can measure the distance by timing between the lightning and the thunder? I think it is five seconds per mile.

Edit:

Sorry I missed the link you had. The video is not long enough to measure any where near 15 miles away. Is there a longer one?
edit on 6 9 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   
here is a shot at the first second

and here is a shot at 10 seconds

I dont see anything in the second shot which is brighter

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I see only rain drops and clouds. Sorry. Or blind.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I love it. I hope it’s not cgi. What a great video. What a crazy thing to see in a thunderstorm. That’s a large object. 🤙

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It actually looks like a cloud to me. There are so many digital artefacts of the same quality, especially close to the edges of the darker clouds and spread over the image.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I don't know if the source is from Toronto. From what he says it sounds like He could be a local, but it seems like He is not a native english speaker from his text description... a bit weird.
Sadly poor quality of footage won't let us go very far I'm afraid. If CGI cudos for the effort

It happened at toronto, there was thunderstorm that night and downtown area has the heaviest impact. the storm was intense and i filmed it at a nearby satellite city called richmond hill, about 20 km from the storm(but still have heavy rain). i filmed it for about 15seconds and the rain came down and i ran into my home, but once i start to check the video(to posted on social media), i noticed a small dot floating in the middle of the thunder storm, only visible when the lightening is bright, otherwise it is hidden in the cloud, unseen. i took screenshots at moments when the light is brightest, but it is hard to manage a high that on my phone,so i sent the video to my technical friend(movie director) to do it for me. once the pictures are clearly presented, thay is when i really become suspicious about the identity of the object. it does look like ufo! then i sent the screenshot and video to my friends, some are amazed, some are trying to convince me it is the shadow of the clouds, but i can see that the clouds are moving while the object is not. i was not convinced and is extremely curious about what i have seen. therefore trusting it in the hands of the professionals(this organization is lovely), to have a more experienced inspection upon this seeing.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
It actually looks like a cloud to me. There are so many digital artefacts of the same quality, especially close to the edges of the darker clouds and spread over the image.

Yeah, that is what I originally thought, too, or that it was a building on a hill in the distance. But if you go through the video blown up, frame-by-frame, you'll see it has red and white lights on it like nothing else in the image and that it stays relatively still while other clouds move around it. It seems to be slowly rotating counter-clockwise.

There are certainly red flags in the video. It seems very convenient that it hangs out in just the right spot to get a video of it, for instance. But it's intriguing. Entertaining if nothing else.
edit on 9-6-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Tons of red flags. But pretty entertaining. This is a no way to prove video, But face value entertainment whatever that point of focus actually is.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It looks like a darker cloud with some digital artifacts to me.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
It looks like a darker cloud with some digital artifacts to me.

Except that it stays relatively still while the clouds move around it an even obscure it sometimes. That's what made me think it was possibly something up on a hill that could be seen through the clouds occasionally.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

That's a reasonable explanation as well

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

That's a reasonable explanation as well

But I don't think it's the right one. There would likely be other objects on the theoretical hill that would probably show up, including some indication of the hill itself, and none are apparent.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Maybe if the clip were longer than 15 seconds, we'd see more of the proposed hill.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Maybe if the clip were longer than 15 seconds, we'd see more of the proposed hill.

That is unfortunately not the case.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I think this puts a slightly different slant on it and could rule out it being a cloud. Could be a hilltop, as you say.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Wouldn’t have mufon ruled out or at least suggested the supposed hilltop in question. I think a hilltop behind the storm would have been easy to verify. We need more if not the actual report description of events to get any sense of what is taking place in that video.
edit on 9-6-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Wouldn’t have mufon ruled out or at least suggested the supposed hilltop in question. I think a hilltop behind the storm would have been easy to verify. We need more if not the actual report description of events to get any sense of what is taking place in that video.

A photograph or video of the same vista on a nice, sunny day would clarify that. Or at least something we could look up on Google Maps.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

And do we have any info on where this exactly took place? No right, only mufon has that, yes?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I've got a similar picture I took years ago right after a thunder storm. I wish I knew how to post it-lol
I'm noticing a connection between thunder storms and objects like this. Hmm....
edit on 30000001212America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: eta

top topics

<<   2 >>

join